South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning, you all are chatty this morning. No time for personals, I have such a hard time getting motivated on Mondays, couple that with just an overall crappy feeling and I didn't get much done at work yesterday, so today MUST be more productive. I'm on a new bonus program at work, it requires I close 10 loans a month, I am at 7 with 9 working days left, not out of the question by any means.

Feeling closer to being back to me today. Damn hormones!

Hope you all have a great day, I will check in later.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick run-by fruiting! We had a cereal mishap this morning (Little Guy dumped his tray over, full bowl of Fruity Pebbles and whole milk ALL over the carpet) so I'm running a wee bit behind.

Lori, also remember that when doggies are taken out of an environment where they're comfortable and put in a new environment (or when they're just flat-out ticked) they tend to change their habits. Maybe he was potty trained and it'll only take a couple of days to get him into a new routine. I know that my parents' dogs start going in the house as soon as they see a suitcase come out of the closet, for example. Good luck to you, and let us know what his name will be!

AAAGHHH I gotta get in the shower. Hope you girls (and Matt) have a good day!

Lisa
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks and rooster,
Didn't get much done yesterday so I'll need to step it up today. I just felt really blah and headachey all day. The boys conned me into taking them down to Hobbytown for a game of Warhammer in the afternoon, so I took DD2 along and we got the school supply shopping done while they played. At least I can check that off the list. It drives me crazy, every year I'm running to 3 different stores looking for one oddball item. This year it was an orange spiral notebook. Who came up with that? Why must it be orange? I don't think they make them, but we finally found one with a big dog on an orange background so that'll have to do.
Fortunately we don't do the back-to-school clothes shopping thing. I never got that, who wants to go buy fall clothes now anyway? They won't be able to wear them for a couple of months, and if you wait that long, they'll be on sale. And why buy summer stuff this late in the season that they probably ,won't be able to wear next summer? I did let DD pick one special new outfit to wear on the first day, but otherwise, she's got a closet stuffed with clothes, and DS couldn't care less.

Reading back over my post, I think I sound a little cranky. sorry chicks, I am waiting for the toddy to finish filtering so I can have my coffee.

lotstolose, good luck with back-to-work. Were you out for medical reasons?
Poor Kim, you are up to the challenge, dear! Do the best you can.
Pearl, I am counting the days until I have my house back during the day. 6,5,4,3,2,1...
lc, happy organizing day!
Autumn, glad to hear things went well for DD. And congrats on hitting the 20 lb. mark!
Good luck with the interview Loriann.
Belle, stuff cotton in your ears so you can't hear the messy closets calling.
cottage yep, I'd avoid that shopping trip too.
Cat your day sounds like mine, whoopee!

It's going to be a hot one today, maybe a trip to the pool this evening...
I just take too long to write these posts, sorry so much simulposting, good morning to you all.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-19-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #19  

Morning, everyone! As soon as Brian finishes breakfast, we are heading to San Antonio. It's a 5 hour drive (maybe more since we are going to get rain today) but we plan to at least get our Six Flags Fiesta Texas passes today and spend some time at the park. Looks like today is the best chance for rain and then only 30% the next few days.

I'll be back late on Friday so it will probably be Saturday before I check in as I'm leaving my laptop home. That's the only way I will stay out of working.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #20  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning! Looks like Fay is taking a different direction. We should start feeling her this afternoon and she will then head out into the ocean and then come back inland with a direct hit on Jacksonville at 2am on Friday so eveyone and everything is up in the air.

Hope everyone has a safe day
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

19 posts and it's just after 9:30! Oy!

Good thing Cottage started us up and you didn't wait for me as my power went out at 7 last night and just came back on. I canceled some appointments and now have to call back to see if I can re-book. I'll be back later to read and post.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Is 7 months old too late too change his name? Although all his paper work says "Guiness" I'm thinking of getting him used to something I chose and like. I just don't care for Guiness. I doubt I'd be able to change his name on his AKC paperwork though, something i need to look into.
nope it's easy to change his name. Bagel was Onxy when I got him. I hated it. I called him Onxy-Bagel for about a week then slowly dropped the Onxy and just used bagel... it's just a call name for AKC dogs anyway,

Hi guys and gals,

i'm having major computer problems at home and at work got some malware going on at home... not sure what's up with work.

i'm up on the scale. between the IBS and the ankle acting up (it gets edema internally that causes water retention all over) i'm up 2 pounds AND cranky about it.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #23  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick hi this morning. Loriann, I am jealous, maybe we just have the wrong crate for our pup but he is 4 and still hates going in the crate. It is so frustrating. I think he is one of those separation anxiety dogs...like he doesn't have enough other issues.

I am feeling extremely hormonal and weepy, so I will just say hi and go get to work instead of ranting.

Jessie
Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #24  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Cottagebythesea, I apologize for my sneaky suggestion, I didn't know Splenda could do that sort of stuff to people. Now I know better than to sneak it in! I was definitely fooled by the safe claims that the company makes. I need to pay attention next time I use some splenda and see if I notice myself having any reactions. I know that sorbitol in sugar free desserts gives me horrible cramps and gas! ( I know, too much info.) I'm glad to know the real deal about Splenda now, though.

Pacergal, I'm with ya on the unmotivational Mondays... it's the worst day of the week for me, sometimes.

Weezle, sounds like you had a busy morning. I can't wait til my son's dumping cereal everywhere. At the moment the most he does is grab his spoon, wave it all around, and try to get it to his mouth. It's fun to see them grow.

Schmoodle, how old are your children? Kids always seem to want one particular thing for back-to-school... for me, it was Lisa Frank folders and notebooks. Loved that stuff.

Barb, I hope you and your son have a fantastic day in san Antonio, that sounds really fun! I'm envious.

Gonnabe165, I hope everything's okay with the storm. Our weatherman keeps acting like it's going to hit us (NC) but then other reports say we will just feel the aftermath. Who knows!

Ruthxx, did you have a storm there?

Lady Nessa, that doesn't sound fun. If you haven't fixed it near evening I can probably help. If you find out what's wrong, later on when my BF gets home, he could probably tell me how you could fix it without having to take it to a computer shop, and I would be glad to post how. He is a licensed computer tech on the side. Not sure, but it should be an easy problem to solve.

JessieW, isn't pregnancy just great?!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #25  
Determined to lose!

Weezle! I wish t hat were the case! Joe admitted to me yesterday that Guiness had gone poop in his crate yesterday! And they didn't even clean the crate when they gave it to me. smelled my entire car up something AWEFUL!

Jesse, Crate training is easy when you know how to do it. get a treat your dog loves. put the treat in there to encourage going in there. make sure at first you stay where he can see you while he's in there. then after ten minutes let him out. Perhaps put the crate in your room at n ight where he can see you while your sleeping, this should encourage him that the crate is safe. Last night I tried leaving the crate in the office where Jade had beensleeping, but Guiness, wherever I go he goes (including IN the shower, have to close the bathroom door now!) so I put the crate in my room and I was able to get some sleep. He woke me around 2 so I let him go potty, but he went right back in after said potty. I just tried putting him in crate so Jade and he could have a nap, took some doing, but finally threw the treats in there and he went in, I closed the door. I kept using the work "load" and Jade kept going in, so I had to give her her treat! and then tell her to get out! LOL.... poor Jade is confused! Not sure why I am u sing her crate for this puppy. But Jade is to an age I can leave her out of the crate and all she'll do is get in the garbage! I can deal with that.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #26  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Schmoo - my husband used to play warhammer....now he just reads the books and secretly plays with the figurines....I think he's embarrassed. Almost 30!
He's such a sucker for a good warhammer novel though....ugh!

Just finished up with breakfast and the dishes and now I need to plan the rest of my day. I'm entertaining tonight (at my dad's house), and the gumbo that I'm making takes a bit of time. I also need to make a roasted beet salad and a chocolate pecan pie. I have no idea how I'm going to get this all finished. DH said he would help though...thank god!

I'll check in later. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #27  
ONEderland here I come!

Melanie, thanks for the offer but I do network security for the federal government. I have it under control.

on Crate training. both bagel and hannah love the crate... i find hannah in hers all the time (with the door open... it's her HOUSE... we store stuff on top (well it's 4 feet tall, 3 feet wide and 4 feet deep)...

btw I never entice them into the crate but they do get a yummy 99% of the time when they go in. every so often we don't give them one. they still go.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #28  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Sorry Lady Nessa, I didn't mean to be offensive or anything or act like you were a layperson regarding computers, it was just a dumb assumption of mine because I personally don't know how to fix computers myself and I'm used to people knocking on our door wanting BF to call them when he gets home, to work on their computers. I didn't know you did network security for the feds, that's pretty awesome! I should probably not just automatically assume that my BF is the only person who knows how to work on computers... lol. I've always got my foot in my mouth!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #29  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Sorry Lady Nessa, I didn't mean to be offensive or anything or act like you were a layperson regarding computers, it was just a dumb assumption of mine because I personally don't know how to fix computers myself and I'm used to people knocking on our door wanting BF to call them when he gets home, to work on their computers. I didn't know you did network security for the feds, that's pretty awesome! I should probably not just automatically assume that my BF is the only person who knows how to work on computers... lol. I've always got my foot in my mouth!
it's ok really. you had no idea what i did. with my avatar you must have thought i was nothing but a pretty face....
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #30  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

OH Nessa you are a pretty face..
Closed Thread