South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

I'm on Day 3 of Phase 1 as well and, ironically, so far I'm feeling really great. I'm doing SBD a little differently, as I don't eat dairy or eggs or meat (yes, it can be done...) so I've been relying a lot on veggies, beans, tofu, and good fats. I was feeling so horribly bloated and heavy for weeks before starting on Saturday (mainly because of eating a lot of junk food and PMS) and now I feel a lot better. The bloat has completely gone and I feel much perkier and alert. I have had a bad headache since yesterday that is coming and going but that's because of PMS and I can't stay away from the aspirin and so am overmedicating myself . But I've been surprised that I've had no cravings, especially with a menu as limited for these 2 weeks as mine is.

I'll be glad when I can start adding a little fruit and whole grain, though, mainly because of the increased food variety. What's worrying me right now is more whether I'm getting enough calories (I posted about this several months ago when I was trying SBD again - still at the same calorie level...)

One thing I'm doing that seems to help is eating six small meals a day rather than three big ones and two snacks.

Tam

Last edited by tammay; 08-11-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Tam, good Lord Almighty, how the heck do you do it? Give me a sample of your daily menus!!!!! I'm a vegetarian, but not vegan, and can eat eggbeaters (but not real eggs for some reason,) cheese, soy, etc, but I can't eat any meat, and haven't had more than just 1 bite of fresh fish every few months. I find that I come close to losing my mind trying to stay OP. What do you eat?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #18  
Recovering Sugar Addict

S/C/G: 160/158/145

Height: 5'6"

Alihay, you can actually read a lot of the book online at google, just put in south beach diet and it should appear as the first link, not all of it is there, but it gives you the gyst, and you can print allowed foods here to help round out your education
Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 155/135/120

Height: 5'5"

I am on day one of the second week of SBD.... doing great so far. I have diabetes and my blood glucose hasn't been this good in months!!!! I've lost about 4 pounds!! I love all the helpful info I've found here!!

Alihay, have you tried a used book store, Goodwill (or the like) or even yard sales... I actually picked up my copy of SBD at a yard sale!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/144/122

Height: 5'3"

Beans, beans, beans...they do help particularly in Phase 1.... also, drink water...lots of it! Just to echo what everyone else has said...just hang in there the next few days - it will get better and it is WORTH IT!!!
Closed Thread