South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Argh what a weekend! Saturday my washer decided to die with a load of laundry in it, and being a front loader the door was locked and it took forever to get it open. Off to the laundry mat I went. YUCK!

Yesterday was that poor excuse for a NASCAR race we attended in Indianapolis. Thank the good Lord we enjoy everything else that comes with the race (walking the grounds looking at everthing there is to see) because that race left me scratching my head. Good news is we made it out of the track with little trouble and was home very quick! DD went with us and it was her first time. Halfway home I thought she was sleeping and she sits up and yells, "WAIT! We left my future husband at the track!" That being Kasey Kahne! Ah teenagers!

We are going to forget the food and what the scales said today!

Hope you all have a great day, no time for personals, gotta get to work!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 07-28-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #17  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!!
Ruth - Glad to hear that you're taking some time just for you. You are SO BUSY! You've earned every moment that's Ruth focused....Enjoy it!

Belle - You're baby is So Cute! What a fantastic picture!

Twynnb - Great job by resisting that marshmallow! Fantastic work!

Cat - I've known lots of people who have gotten calls the last week before school starts for a teaching job. I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed!

Schmoodle - Hope today is productive and you get all that you need done.

Weezle - Mornings can be a little crazy...good luck straightening them out. Hope the spots are getting better!

Kim - I love it when I get moments like that and everything seems to get really clear. Good luck on your new outlooks and keep up the good work!

Pearlrose - MORNING!!!

Zeff - Glad to hear you had just family time this weekend. And yeah, if I had done that to any of my profs when I was in school, I would have been strung up the flag pool. It's a whole different "entitled" generation that we're living in.

Me - I really had a lovely weekend and managed to stay OP despite the fact that I didn't have control of much of my food. Spent the afternoon in the courtyard of our building hanging out with neighbors. We cooked out for dinner....I ate 2 hotdogs w/o buns and some salad & strawberries. I made a blueberry peach cobbler (a recipe I found on Kalyn's Kitchen) that we shared. It was fun. Today we've got an ice cream social at school. I've already got my mind focused on staying away.
Oh....and I hit my 3rd mini goal!!! Hooray for me!
Have a good Monday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #18  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies. Stephanie, had to laugh at your daughter. My sister (23) talks about kasey kahne the same way.

It was a very quiet weekend. I should be glad for the rest but really I was bored out of my mind. I am not good at sitting still or just puttering around the house.

We are going to Pittsburgh this weekend--9 hours car drive on Friday and 9 hours back on Sunday. YUCK. But it is my DH's grandpa's 85th birthday and they are having a big shebang. We haven't seen anyone in that branch of the family since our wedding (4 years on Thursday!). It will be nice to see his mom and dad and I know they'll be excited to see the baby belly. (Someone asked me this, and YES we've seen DH's parents and sister since the wedding, just not the extended family on that side.)

Here's hoping for a great day.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #19  
Determined to lose!

HMCA... CONGRATS ON MAKING MINI GOAL #3!!

Pacer... Sorry about the laundry situation, I agree about the mat... YUCK!!!!

Zeff, having students dictate to professors? hhmm, thats a new one to me. If she needed why didn't she sign up for online courses?

Kim... AH, the great outdoors! Sorry about the gain, and you know what? I used to think I didn't deserve a hubby, or to do this or that because of my weight. You know something? Thats plain foolishness! The only thing weight might do is keep one from hiking as far or as long... but if you've been working out or walking you should be up to hiking!!!!!!! JMO though! hugs hun!

Lisa, school? It's summer!

Belle, she's adorable! andI'm not a fan of small doggies!

Femme, good luck with the job search!!!!!!! I hope they call you for a full time position soon!

Twynn, congrats on staying OP!

Belle, At least it was natural sugar!

Ruth, I hope you get the well deserved rest!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning all,

No time to get personal but Ruth try to get much need rest you deserve it, the furbabies are all so sweet. Glad the campers all got back safely and had fun.

Just want to check in and get my week started. I have to make it quick as swim starts in a hour and I still need to get the kids moving..

This is my last week also before school starts for me and and the kids have one more week. Many parent meetings and info. nights set up this week also. 1 going into high school(our 1st one)so will have to go to all of those.
This summer did go quickly which is good in a way.

I am a bit frustrated with the scale right now. I finally broke 215(been here for almost 3 months) with the last visit to phase one and made it down to 208 stepped on the scale this a.m. and it was back up to 215!!! I was so excited to see it go down and upset to see it back up. Will hang in there but yuggghh.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Gotta go
Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #21  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I want you all to know I care deeply for all of you but i just can't keep up with the daily thread... i miss folks and I fear i hurt feelings...

I'm here... but I think for a while I'll stay out of the daily thread....
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I was up and out the door by 5:30 this morning for my colonoscopy, which was a breeze BTW, and now I'm back home all tucked in on the sofa in the sunroom with a mug of coffee by my side. I'm still groggy from the anesthesia and plan to take a nice long nap after I catch up on my modding rounds.

Too many posts to give personals, but I've read all your posts and glad everyone's doing well. Get some rest, Ruthie!

Sending my love to all -
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #23  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Since we're all sharing puppy pics, thought I'd introduce you all to mine.
Pocket is the chocolate brown and Lint is the dapple.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My puppies.jpg (34.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #24  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Beachers, all of your dogs are adorable. I love dogs. Thanks for your kind words about my puppy. She's very sweet, and a great dog for people who travel.

I bought some organic gala apples today, and I think I'll try cantaloupe after the apples are gone. I love fruit and sometimes get out of control with it, especially summer fruit.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #25  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Here's my holy terror...it's a good thing he's cute or I may have killed him this weekend.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #26  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hello peoples, lots of cute pup pictures being posted here.

Kinda p*ssed off because Bf lied to me... yesterday he had let me know how he had to take his buddy to Lowes before they went off to work. When they came back to the house, the bud was talking about how he got his new tracphone from Walmart so I assumed they went there, as well. Well later on when I was casually mentioning it to BF, he told me that they had went to Walmart on Saturday and that's when his friend got the phone... huh? What? Because he claimed he was working all day that day (which was saturday.) When I was like, "um, wait a minute!" He got all flustered and looked guilty or something... because obviously he hadn't meant to slip up and let it be known he and his bud had went all the way to the next county to do whatever when he claimed he was working all day, felt so busy and "rushed", while his girlfriend is sitting at the house, all alone, AS USUAL, with the baby. I know they did later on work, because they came back mid afternoon to talk about his busines opportunity, but why bother lying about where you went? How very odd. How lovely that they asked me along on their little trip (not), especially considering the fact that I've been stuck in the house for weeks now. We've gone virtually nowhere.

Plus yesterday his friend casually said, right in front of me, out of nowhere, "oh, we've got a problem... we've got a job to do next weekend in Raleigh and we have to stay there all weekend..." (Raleigh is our capitol, about 4 hours away, or so)... I was like, yeah right!!!!!

I told his friend, "no, no way, because you're only going to have him cavorting around with b*tches."

His friend was wide-eyed and didn't blink and so smoothly said, "no, because we're going to bring you and the baby along..." I was like, "yeah right, you're quick, but I know when someone's bs'ing."

Something is going on.. I know this sounds exaggerated and to you guys, the story doesn't sound much like anything, but you kinda had to be there. It was obvious that they had this planned ahead of time because his friend just happened to 'bring it up' in front of me. I don't trust that guy one bit... and my BF looked up and saw how annoyed I was and then was like, "Nah, man, I don't wanna go all the way to Raleigh..." I think he chickened out of whatever they were planning to do. I mean, since when does this guy have a client base that extends to all the way in Raleigh, when he has nothing more than a small side business, and he doesn't even have a building? Why is no one being straight with me? Why do men let themselves be led astray by other men?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #27  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Melanie.. you're so young... you really want to stay with a guy you don't trust?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #28  
Determined to lose!

Mel,

I'm sorry they lied. Your right, bf should of just told you he was going with his friend and then to work. And about the trip, perhaps there's a party or something going on in Raleigh, or a concert, or something, and perhaps the one friend has females involved, I don't know.

I understand your being upset, but I'm hoping you will hear me out. Beat him at his own game. You are going stir crazy being in the house all day. Is there a lake near you? A park, or something you would like to do come the weekend? Set it up.... sometime during the week mention ... "you know, I think going to the lake would be a good time.. maybe we can pack a picnic lunch, just the three of us, and go swimming." OR, if you have family, make plans with your sister or someone, about going on a family picnic.

What I'm getting at is instead of complaining how bored you are... that just tunes men out... MAKE SUGGESTIONS... in other words... don't make a problem bigger, figure out how to resolve the problem.

Maybe even find a baby sitter, and head out for a fish fry just the two of you! or a shopping trip with the th ree of you!

Hope you figure out how to explain to him you need to get out too!!!!!!

hugs hun!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #29  

Mel - I agree with Nessa but you have to make your own decisions for you and your son.

schmoodle - It IS hot in Dallas so I'm glad for you that you didn't have to come. We hit 105 degrees yesterday. Today is supposed to be 103 with a heat index of 105. But I got in the pool twice to help stay cool. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Lots of stuff to do at work this week. My team leader is on vacation so I'm doing his job and mine.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #30  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
Melanie.. you're so young... you really want to stay with a guy you don't trust?
Oh, I took it she didn't trust the bf's friend, the third party in the story! But then, she isn't trusting bf for him lying... sigh.

she's right, a strong relationship needs trust, but it also means both parties working together to understand one another and help one another understand where they are coming from. COMMUNICATION is key too any relationship. Him going to a store isn't what was bothering you, him lying about it was... Please read my above post!
Closed Thread