South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #31  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
Congrats on the business opportunity, Mel!

Mel - DH will be 30 in Oct. and still hasn't learned.....they never do.
I asked him to clean the lint trap the other day and he just looked at me blankly...and then when I finally showed him how to do it, he was amazed at the lint! He rubbed it on his face and remarked at how soft it was. Freak.

I cancelled the Flylady emails - although I only got one a day....every Monday, I check the website and write down my schedule for the week....although I still don't get dressed to shoes in the morning. ****, I still haven't showered today....but I've been cleaning, so that is an excuse! I guess there are just some parts of my routine that I don't change.
I have a theory that men are used to not picking up after themselves because they are used to their moms doing everything for them. Well, this is true at least in my bf's case. He will no doubt turn 30 and still not have learned to clean. I know it.

Heh, your man is right though, lint is so soft... When I cleaned the lint trap earlier, I made it into the ball and threw it for the kittens to play with. One started to eat it though. I didn't shower til like 6 or so.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #32  

Height: 5'6"

Yippee!!! I'm down 3.2 lbs this week! It's been a month now(2 weeks phase 1 and 2 weeks phase 2) .I'm down 17.2 lbs!!!

Yes, elephants never forget, they are gentle, intelligent giants. If angry, can be quite dangerous!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #33  

I know how you can form bonds over the internet. I joined a mailing list for moms expecting babies in July 1997 and we still have a core group that post now that our "babies" are turning 11. That's where I now rebel from. I've actually gone to some of the get togethers in Boston, Portland and San Francisco. It's just harder to get together now that the kids are in school and on different schedules.

My Junior Staff party went off really well. We had 22 people and everyone seemed to have a great time. I almost totally stayed on plan except for the margaritas we got out after everyone left except for 2 close friends and their kids. There isn't too much mess to clean up.

I'd better head for bed. It's late and one guy forgot his wallet so he's coming at 10 to get it.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #34  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

I may be permanently hallucinating but I think my "figments" are pretty real. I've met many people from the net - both from here and from my garden group and we sure as heck are real. I've even had "figments" come and stay with me. The great thing about meeting people from the Net is that the "front-end" stuff is already done and you sort of know them.

All I can say today is Fairs and Company are evil! My ticker is lying like Pinocchio today, probably from salt. I did succumb to ribs at the Fair yesterday and a drink in the beer tent. I just may go onto Phase I today and keep close watch on my blood sugar.

Church on the schedule today followed by some more power washing on the deck. Disney starts her next level of obedience at one which means leaving at noon. We'll be back by three and I have to serve at the Fair beef barbecue at four. I will be delighted to see 8 PM tonight and get my life back! Traditionally, the Fair Directors get onto the bumpy car ride and take out their frustrations but I plan to plead sore knee and skip that event.

Time for breakfast - egg, Canadian bacon and a sliced tomato. I'd better start a new Phase I thread.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:16 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just have enough time to say a quick good morning! I'll pop back in later today.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #36  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth & Cottage

Ruth - the blueberries and cream leather made with Greek yogurt and a little agave is a lot like legal candy. I highly recommend a batch when you can get blueberries. Actually, I bet other berries would be really good too. I stuck the trays in the freezer to get the leather off and decided to store it that way because freezing made it extra yummy

Today's plan is back to zucchini - chips I think along with standard house tasks. The rain is back so I'm not sure if I will get a bike ride in but should get a walk anyway (I'm really wimpy about riding in the rain).

I can't tell figments from reality - I met Julie on the internet Clearly I'm confused!

Indigal -

Pearl - did you survive?! Great idea using the RV, bet everyone liked that.

Okay, off to get breakfast. Have a good day Chicks
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

All is quiet in the household and the RV hehe- so I sigh a breath of relief hehe

Indigal congraulations on your weightloss, that rocks!!!

Ruth glad that the fair is coming to end and you can start to relax? You always seem busy to me hehe

Cottage have a great day

Cyndi is the Cream leather recipe posted I would be interested in seeing it.

I found out last night that my washing machine is not spinning or agitating and looked it up on repairclinic.com and I believe I am going to have to call the repairman but looking at the price for parts and the service call will be cheaper than buying a new machine so I am going to put in a call tomorrow.

Today we are going to church and then no plans, I like that.

Have a great day Ladies
Old 07-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #38  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Yesterday we put down tons of newspaper and 30 bags of mulch in our front rose garden to smother the horrid weeds. I put down 3 more bags this morning before running out of mulch. I also transplanted a ton on volunteer vincas and got eaten by ants. It's only 8 and I am already pouring sweat. Trying to psyche myslef up to go cut the grass in the front before it starts raining and gets hotter. It think I'll let this count as exercise for the day.

Schmoodle, on the mosquito spray, just follow the directions on the bottle and spray either very early in the morning or before sunset and hold your nose!! I need to order more myself as I'm almost out.

Ok, off to cut grass..ya'll have a great Sunday!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #39  

I've gotten the leaves skimmed off the pool and the pool sweep set back up and going. I've emptied both coolers and gotten all the leftover drinks into the fridge in the garage and taken the recycle back back into the garage. I've even found all the pool toys. I did find a pair of goggles so I guess I have one more thing for the lost and found.

Brian is still sleeping which isn't surprising since he was up until midnight because of the party. I still need to shower and dress but it feels good to have the house back to normal. And all the off plan desserts are gone! Yeah! I still have some sugarfree strawberry pie but that isn't off plan for phase 2.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #40  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Cyndi is the Cream leather recipe posted I would be interested in seeing it.
I haven't posted any of the dehydrator recipes because I assumed they were of very limited interest. Also, I rarely measure anything

I just put 2 pints of berries in the blender, added about 1 cup of Greek yogurt and a tiny bit of agave to taste (remember things get sweeter when they dry) then spread it on the sheets. (the leftover half cup was a yummy smoothie too!) I did learn a trick from one of the yahoo group folks - I made individual leathers in plastic lids. I like the idea of a no guessing serving size. Oh, I also sprinkled unsweetened coconut on some of the leather. I know there are directions online for making leathers in the oven if you don't have a dehydrator.

I'm going to try black raspberry tomorrow
Old 07-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #41  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Schmoodle, when we went to southern IL ("east Jesus nowhere") to visit Tom's family, we all sat outside talking at night. I came home with literally 27 bites (spider, sand flea, mosquito, random mystery bugs, etc) and everyone else was freaking FINE. I like to think that I'm sweet, but I just can't figure out why everyone else was good and I was eaten alive. Oh was I miserable.

Then as soon as those stopped itching, I developed my spots. I hope yours isn't the same thing as mine. The fact that I have 1-3 months of this is really discouraging. Are you putting hydrocortisone cream on the itchy spots? That should help, at least a little.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Heidi-ho chicks.
I got up kinda late and am avoiding answering the phone because only my MIL calls on a Sunday morning, and I am just not in the mood. Very mean, n'est-ce pas? Maybe after my second cuppa...
I did all my around the house work yesterday, so today I will probably spend getting organized for back-to-work meetings tomorrow. I hope we can go to the pool, but there are thunderstorms predicted to move in later, so I need to check the weather.

weezle, mine looks a bit like a heat rash, and it's on my hip, spreading around to my stomach and up my back a little bit. I don't think it is heat rash though. At least I can hide it under clothes. I haven't put anything on it yet, need to pick something up. The bit on my forearm is not too big and I think it's just a patch of bug bites. This all popped up at the beach, so maybe it was something in the condo... or sand fleas? Although mosquitoes don't seem to like me, other bugs do, and I have sensitive skin so they can really swell up and turn red. You are obviously also delicious. Maybe eat more garlic? Is your rash a reaction to the bug bites? Sorry it is going to be around so long. That really stinks in the summer when you don't want to be covered up.
indigal, happy birthday to your mom!! I'm sure she will enjoy the elephant statues. Congrats on the amazing loss.
Cat, my mom said I could borrow her sprayer, but when she brought it over it was just a big spray bottle. My yard is not huge, but 1/2 acre is too much to spray by hand, so I'll have to see if I can rent a sprayer.
Cyndi, if you are a figment, and Julie is also a figment, then it all works out, right? I think the only problem would be if one of you is real and the other is not.
Nice to have company on Ph1 Ruth!
Have a great Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-27-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #43  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I have no idea what to make for breakfast.....I'm out of ideas....

Dh had a friend over last night to watch fights and play games....thankfully they weren't loud so I could get some sleep.

I'm sure MIL and FIL will want us to come over today but I'm really not in the mood. After last week's episode, I need a little (ok, big) break from them. I also have the rest of the laundry to fold, ironing and dishes to do.

Have a nice day ladies! Off to water the plants
Old 07-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #44  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Went over to the Fair Office to retrieve my big crockpot and got sucked into counting the take from the beer tent last night. It was over $10K and the idiots didn't put it in the safe for the night. Shock and awe when they realized the amount.

Home now and may skip the power washing in favour of making a decent lunch before we take off for Kingston. I can't see changing my clothes three times before noon! Disney is really full of beans today so it may be a difficult first class as she gets to know the new pooches.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #45  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

that is a lot of beer, Ruth!
Closed Thread