South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #31  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

ugh, hot here too. We are expecting thunderstorms all day so don't even know if I will be able to get outside.

Indigal -

Sunshine - Wow, great job avoiding temptation. I love that you stopped at Barnes & Noble on the way home. That's the sort of thing we would do in my family too

LoriAnn - Good luck with P2.

Ruth - This would have been the year to grow rice! Have a fun week with plenty of recharging as needed

Cottage - So far the thunderstorms haven't done a thing for us but I keep hoping. How do you dry your blueberries? I tried some last year and they took forever and weren't that great. Now I freeze them or make leather.

Lulu - Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I don't think we ever camped anywhere in western NY (though we did live there a couple of years) but did go all over the Adirondacks. We still go to Lake Harris (Harris Lake?) now and then - probably in August for a few nights, but the drive is longer now so we tend to go toward the White or Green Mtns more.

janda - good to see you back! You know the drill, back to P1 and onward

Zeff - I love Greek and Lebanese food Now I'm going to have to dig through recipes to find something yummy for dinner.

Heather - I'm always happy to find less crowded places to explore. Sometimes I just need solitude. Hope last night was fun!

Nessa - How's that ankle doing? I noticed you're still getting exercise in. You are one feisty woman!

Yellie, Pearl, Belle, Barb, Weezle

My first batch of zucchini chips are ready so I need to get them into an air tight container. The zukes I bought were so large that three made 7 trays of chips! I will process the other half this morning and see if I can buy more at the stand. I hope my extra roll-up trays show up tomorrow so I can spend the week making blueberry leather. It's the time of year when I should be running my dehydrator constantly.

Have a good day everyone
Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #32  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...quickly posting. It's been a very "social" weekend and today I have to go pick my precious MIL up at the airport so she can come spend a few days with us. So I need to tackle cleaning this house so I won't be mortified when we get home.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

What a weekend already! I am hoping for some peace today.

Yesterday morning I was enjoying my oatmeal and coffee after a morning walk with my newly purchased nikeplus shoes (luuuuuuuuv them!) when DH comes running in, "we have to go now!" Seems my brother-in-law had attempted suicide. We arrived at the house as they were bringing him down from upstairs. He clamined to have taken 65 pills.

Well I took the baby home with me while they all went to the hopital. Long story short his blood levels all came back fine, hospital says he didn't take anything and is a very good actor. This man needs some serious help.

Then I had to go pick up a daybed for DD which of course meant cleaning and rearranging 2 rooms in the house. Didn't have that finished before the baby was back again and then shopping for groceries and dinner out with a 17 month old, haven't done that in years! But i did buy her the cutest darn pair of flip flops ever that she was so proud of and apparently would not take off to goto bed lastnight!

So here I am, laundry started, coffee in hand and not a peep to be heard in the house. Going to do some recipe searching, have a great one girls!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 07-20-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #34  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

I am sore this morning from softball yesterday, guess three hours of using muscles you haven't used that way in a loooong time makes a difference hehe.

No time for personals right now as we are headed off to church.

Have a great Sunday Ladies!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-20-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone! DH and I have SO much going on right now. Yesterday we cleaned part of the house, did the yard, laundry and played some badminton. I also whipped up two batches of pasta salad and a batch of cappuccino muffins to take to DH's boss' tonight. We're going over to discuss his wife's baby shower. (I'm hosting). Plus, we're leaving for a long weekend camping trip on Thurs., so we're pulling things out for that and making sure it's all clean and working. We get to use our tent for real camping for the first time. (It's only been used in the back yard.)

After church we have our salad supper and then finishing the house cleaning (only two rooms to go). We are also planning on more badminton. I'll of course iron for the three days we work this week and then tonight we go-a-visitin'. I didn't finish my grandma's afghan, so I'm hoping to work on it while watching Funny Face after we get home.

BTW, I'm feeling much better than I was on Friday. Aunt Flow was on her way and I didn't recognize her. Glad it was her and not a real illness.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #36  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. I hope everyone has a lovely day. I don't have too much going on today, so I'll be doing a little of this, and a little of that. Maybe a movie on DVD tonight.

Have a great Sunday!!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #37  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY....

gonna swim
gonna go to Costco for a few things ugh....
left leg is swollen between the bone cyst and the popiteal (bakers) cyst in my knee... i swear my left leg is twice the size of my right.

i feel old...

it's HOT HOT HOT here.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #38  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Super hot here. ugh.

Wanted to get some gardening done....but I don't want to even think about it in this heat.

Both DH and DS are still sleeping...it was a late night last night. Thinking about making waffles and coffee...that should wake them up

We're planning to go visit the extended family (SIL leaves tomorrow) after they get home from church this afternoon. I'll be glad to get back into my regular routine after SIL leaves.

Bought a bunch of greek yogurt yesterday - haven't had it in awhile...I can't wait to dig in and top it with some fresh blueberries and strawberries.

Have a nice day, girls.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #39  

The staff party was so much fun last night. About 35 people came but we managed to find room in the backyard around the pool. Our new district executive and his wife came so they got to meet some of the most active scouters in the district. I enjoyed talking to some people that I don't see very much any more and I had a great time in the pool too. The last people left around 11:30. I have just about everything cleaned up now. I just need to mop from where they tracked pool water and dirt into the house.

Terri and I have planned the junior staff party for next Saturday at my house and I got the invitations emailed out this morning. I've got enough food so I shouldn't need to buy very much.

We even chose a date for next year's Twilight Camp!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #40  

Height: 5'7.5"

Talking Thanks CyndiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Choices!

If you aren't using the bars as meal replacement but just as snacks I'd suggest checking out either Nec*tar or Gnu bars. Both are just fruit, whole grains, and nuts and both are yummy. Neither has enough protein to be meal replacement bars but make great between meal fillers. Real food is always best, as Zeffryn recommended but I know sometimes I need something I can toss in my purse for emergencies.
Thanks for the sweet welcome...always feels good. I will check out those Gnu bars..when I get to ph.2,when in a tough spot,it's good to have something that will hold me until I get home where I can eat some real food.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #41  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ugh. I need to get back on the good food bus. I've been with family a lot these past few days and we've been eating out like crazy. My fingers are swollen like crazy from all the excess sodium. I'm happy that tomorrow will be home-cooked food again. I feel so icky!

My SIL crabbed at me yesterday for still following SBD....she said that dieting wasn't healthy for the baby. I told her that I wasn't following it strictly, and I added more of what the baby needed...but having something to follow really helps me get what is healthy and remove the crap....also, it helps me eat at regular intervals - it's amazing how easy it is to forget to eat when you're chasing a toddler.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Planning and journaling are key to the success. If I don't plan, I do lousy.
Exactly!! Every time I've fallen off the plan I could attribute a great part of my failure to not keeping up with my journal. Also, losing touch with a support group such as this. Having the accountability makes a huge difference!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Sunshine - Wow, great job avoiding temptation. I love that you stopped at Barnes & Noble on the way home. That's the sort of thing we would do in my family too
Thanks! I've had enough of the Yo-Yo dieting. I can't afford to fall victim to temptation anymore. I've taken my control back!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post

My SIL crabbed at me yesterday for still following SBD....she said that dieting wasn't healthy for the baby.
That just goes to show how uneducated some people are about the South Beach Diet. It's one of the healthiest way of eating around! You are totally eliminating processed foods! You are eating tons of fruits and vegetables! You are eating whole grains and lots of beans! How can she say this is not healthy for your baby????? The only thing I would change is to have more than the recommended amount of dairy and more protein, but you already are aware of that.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #45  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Zeff, don't let her get to you. Maybe you should just eliminate SIL from your diet!
Closed Thread