South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks y'all!

It's like my mom told me once -- the camera doesn't add 10 pounds, it just doesn't lie like our eyes do.

Y'all are right. The kids won't care, and I know my mom would love the pictures as well. And to be honest, I was telling my husband how disappointed I was in how I looked, and I LITERALLY had to draw a circle around my double chin/fat neck for him to even see it, so I'm probably being WAY harder on myself than anyone else is. As someone else said, I don't feel quite that fat! So it was a shock to me to see just how I truly look to other people.

I'm feeling better this morning. Still a little down, but not down enough to fall off the wagon (which is a HUGE step for me!)

And y'all are right -- in a few months, I'll be happy to have those pictures of me to show off all my hard work I think I might follow your advice and post one of them on my fridge to remind me why I'm switching to a healthier lifestyle -- both to look better and to be there for my boys

And yes, the avatar is me from last night, and my husband took it with my setup

On the bright side, my husband has decided to join a gym (he gets a big discount because his brother works there or something -- not sure of the details), and he's agreed that when he gets home from the gym, he'll take the boys for an hour so that I can workout without having a three year old under my feet or a three month old wanting to be held That will give me time to do both my 30 minutes on the treadmill (something I've had a hard time being able to do lately -- due to the aforementioned three year and three month old lol) as well as my pilates

I really appreciate your support My skinny friends and my family just don't get it sometimes so it's hard to be able to talk about how I feel around them

Jess
Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Glad you're feeling better.....and your avatar is beautiful.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 8"

Glad you're feeling better today! You can use that picture as a motivator to keep you on track - it was a picture that got me off and running in the first place - I was looking at a candid group shot and mistook myself for a person I had been (very cattily and unkindly ) telling myself I looked so much better than. Talk about a slap in the face
Old 07-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #19  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Your avatar picture is absolutely gorgeous! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 AM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Glad you are feeling better today. I totally understand where you are, I just seen a pic of me from vacation and I am not feeling real great about myself. The sad part of that is that I have been on the boards of SB for ever and I am probably heavier now then when I first came here. I need a kick in the pants to get going again. So pat yourself on the back for keeping going and your will be glad that you have pics of you and your kids, because for all the pics that I take I have very few with my girls.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 168/168/120

Height: 5'0"

Glad you are feeling better. I have a hard time looking at myself, it just doesn't seem possible that I'm this big sometimes. Your avatar pic is beautiful!
Closed Thread