3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What's For Dinner 6/30 - 7/6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/145142-whats-dinner-6-30-7-6-a.html)

hmacneil6 06-30-2008 09:42 AM

What's For Dinner 6/30 - 7/6

Time to start the weekly dinner thread.
Tonight I'm having the eggplant casserole w/ a big green salad. I've been wanting to try it for a while, but I knew dh wouldn't go for it. But since he's out of town tonight......it ON!!!!! :D

femmecreole 06-30-2008 11:59 AM

Red beans and rice (brown basmati) and a big old salad..

WarMaiden 06-30-2008 12:08 PM

Whole-wheat cheese tortellini with spinach-basil pesto, handful of grape tomatoes on top. Green salad of some sort. Glass of syrah.

I haven't had pasta at all since changing the way I eat, so I'm kind of overly excited about this meal. (I really hope the pesto turns out tasty enough to please my husband.)

Ruthxxx 06-30-2008 12:18 PM

A large green salad from my garden plus a lean pork chop done on the BBQ with a skewer of veggies. I adore veggies done on the Barbie!

zeffryn 06-30-2008 12:20 PM

Chicken coconut curry with lots of peppers, onions, carrots, peapods, cauliflower and cilantro. I have some brown basmati cooking as we speak for a side. I can't wait!

I also need to steam some broccoli as we have a whole bunch in the crisper that is about to go bad.

Schmoodle 06-30-2008 12:22 PM

Hope I can get some ideas here for tonight, no plan, eek. It's just me and DH and DD2 though. I picked up some really nice lump crabmeat at the beach and could do some crabcakes, but we ate lots of crabs over the weekend, and DD isn't a big fan.
I've got eggs, zukes, and cheese, so maybe an omelet and salad.

WarMaiden, I used to cook tons of pasta, and now I just make it occasionally. It's funny how my family gets so excited when they see spaghetti and meatballs now, they don't care a bit that it's whole wheat.

Barb0522 06-30-2008 12:58 PM

pork tenderloin, rice, broccoli and salad

Mum2Monkeys 06-30-2008 01:00 PM

Probably Almond Crusted Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash Marinara. If hubs isn't in the mood for Italian, then we'll probably have meatloaf with broccoli and green beans. (We're still on Phase 1).

As a side note, when people ask what you're having, do you ever feel like those Lean Cuisine (?) commercials where the lady describes this delicious gourmet meal and people are shocked to find out she can eat that and lose weight? lol

CyndiM 06-30-2008 01:37 PM

I'm trying the calabacitas recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen with a mix of green & yellow squash. Maybe some refried beans, taco mix & salsa on the side.

TwynnB 06-30-2008 02:16 PM

meatloaf, yellow squash, mashed taters for the hubbie and either salad or cooked turnip greens.

EofAZ 06-30-2008 06:51 PM

Supper tonight is artichoke (I've never had it before so we will see how this turns out) a salad and grilled elk chops. It's so hot out you almost don't need to turn on the grill, just throw the chops on and let the AZ heat do the rest.

I tried a recipe over the weekend out of a SB Cookbook I took out at the library. Cucumber's/radishes/red onion/feta cheese with a little olive oil/red wine vinegar S&P. It was not bad, good for a break from a standard salad.

cottagebythesea 06-30-2008 07:06 PM

Veggie burger on a bed of sauteed spinach.

Auralei 06-30-2008 07:09 PM

Meatball casserole, brown rice, fresh green beans and spinach salad.

SF vanilla pudding for dessert :)

hmacneil6 07-01-2008 09:36 AM

Tonight we're having Grilled Salmon Steaks with Tangy Cucumber Sauce, Steamed Broccoli, & Green Salad.

Dessert will be what I had last night, but it was REALLY GOOD: Peaches & Blueberries w/ vanilla yogurt & a cookie (SBD friendly) crumbled on top. YUMMY!!!

cottagebythesea 07-01-2008 09:58 AM

I won't be getting home until late, so Jake is fending for himself and I'll make myself a big salad with goat cheese, pistachios, apricots and sf dried cranberries when I get home.