3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What's For Dinner 6/30 - 7/6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/145142-whats-dinner-6-30-7-6-a.html)

Schmoodle 07-03-2008 03:11 PM

Mom scored me six lbs of good crabmeat on sale so definitely some crabcakes tonight. I am low on veggies so have to dig through the freezer and cans to find something to eat with.

CyndiM 07-03-2008 03:42 PM

Schmoodle - 6 lbs means enough to share, right?!

The grilled baby squash was so fabulous last night I'm making it again tonight with Smart Sausages on the grill.

RenRen 07-03-2008 05:45 PM

DH has been slaving all day over a pot of his famous chili, so we're going to have chili cheese turkey dogs and salad.

EofAZ 07-03-2008 06:25 PM

It's a Veggie Bean soup for me tonight. I'm trying another recipe from the SB Diet book I took out from the library. I assembled this morning (so I wouldn't whine and cry I was to tired when I got home tonight, I’m really bad about not feeling like cooking) and left a note for DH to put it in the crockpot when he got home and started getting it warmed through.

briezee 07-03-2008 09:38 PM

A salad made of lettuce, spaghetti squash, and sauce (jar of spaghetti sauce, an onion, a jar of mushrooms, garlic scapes, a jar of white beans, garlic and parmigiana cheese). Turned it in a salad rather than just eating the squash and sauce as I have 7 heads of lettuce and needed a new salad. Very good and very, very filling.

CyndiM 07-04-2008 05:21 AM

Last night we didn't have time to grill so tonight I'll fire it up - marinated zucchini & yellow squash and turnips (first time on the grill) with veggie burgers on the side

SunshineCA 07-05-2008 10:46 PM

Tonight we're having Taco Salad with all the legal goodies, black beans and almond ricotta creme for dessert. :hun:

CyndiM 07-06-2008 06:12 AM

Yesterday we went to Trader Joe's so last night was pizza on whole wheat dough. Mine included lf mozzarella, ff tomato basil feta, roasted red peppers, & zucchini. We also had beet greens and the coconut milk ice cream for dessert.

Tonight I'm making a vegetarian version of Cat's red beans & rice. I will pick up greens of some kind to have with it.

Ruthxxx 07-06-2008 07:15 AM

Mmmm - I'd forgotten about pizza. I may make one later this week if I can find ww pita.

Tonight's supper will be BBQ pork chop and grilled veggies. I have no zucchini this year (didn't plant my seeds!) and it just killed me to pay $1.09 for one Friday! I'll grill it with peppers, onions and mushrooms when I do the chop.

Schmoodle 07-06-2008 10:27 AM

Cyndi, I would be happy to share! I actually already had 3 lbs. in the freezer so I've got plenty to make crabcakes for all the chicks.

Yesterday at the farmer's market I found the cutest little eight-ball zucchinnis, so I made a taco bake last night and made extra filling to stuff the zukes (ground turkey, Rotels, brown rice, beans, cheese). I've got plenty of dinners for me for the week now, although I may be overdosing on Mexican food by Friday.

murphmitch 07-06-2008 12:30 PM

I'm having lean pork chops marinated in wine and Italian dressing, then grilled with grilled zucchini & peppers.

pookynutt 07-06-2008 04:31 PM

I am going to try the taco bake tonight!

SunshineCA 07-06-2008 10:01 PM

Tonight we're having:

~Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken
~Broccoli with Cheese
~Tossed Salad

For dessert we're having leftover Almond Ricotta Creme.

zeffryn 07-07-2008 09:32 AM

Taco Bake! Burrito style for DH and DS. Even though I can have ww tortillas...I prefer it plain.

As for sides, we're having leftover roasted peppers from last night and green beans with shallots and garlic.

Dessert will be "margarita" popsicles.

Belle Mer 07-07-2008 04:06 PM

Turkey burger with a teaspoon of light Alouette cheese and dijon mustard.

Steamed Artichoke with lemon and splash of olive oil

Tossed Salad.