South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Warblings

Good morning and happy weekend. I just read the TGIF thread. What a lot of clucking and cackling went on when I was away! Welcome back to some "old" folks and another welcome for those joining us.

For the first time in a week or so, my deck is dry! The dogs and I will have our second cup of coffee out there and plan our day. Theirs will include eating, sleeping and looking cute for petting and treats! Mine will be gardening, reading and sewing.

I am stuck at home for the whole weekend because my car is ill with an alternator problem. On the way home from my shop hopping yesterday, the battery light came on. I crossed my fingers and kept driving until I got to my service garage in Athens. Unfortunately the part wasn't available and won't arrive until Monday - the joys of rural life! I got a drive home and checked Brockville for rental cars - none available! So I am going to just hang out at home for the weekend and save money on gas! With no car in the lane, it'll look like I'm away!

I hate to say this but, as of today, the days start getting shorter. Let's enjoy summer as much as possible.

How does your weekend look?

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-21-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Ruth and the rest of you chicks to come. It is a dreary day here in the Martimes. But maybe I will get some stuff done.

Ruth I think you send you rain to us. I won't be sitting on my deck this morning. But the gardens and the grass we are growing needs it. Hope you enjoy your week end of nothing but home stuff. Sometimes it is just nice to not have to do anything. Enjoy.

Me- List for the grocrey store is complete and just waiting for it to open at 8, they have a good sale on this morning and I want to be there right off. Then need to drive dd friend home. After that it will be laundry and house work. Til I have to drive oldest dd to work. I may go meet my mom and sister for coffee if my sister came home for the week end.

Well gotta to dash and get dressed to hit the store hope you all enjoy your week end.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning Ruth and LC

ruth enjoy the dry deck

Lc enjoy? shopping....

me: another night on the couch to be near DH who still won't climb the steps but seems to think he's well enough to go watch racing tonite.....

i'm going to aqua threat at 9 this morning then to the sporting goods store to try to find a lap counter then when girl child gets home from work to the library

tomorrow is my MIL retirement party at the boss' house.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning chicas!

another fly-by for me..am super busy as we are moving next weekend and nothing has been packed..ohh arrghhh when did i accumulate all this cr&%? i came to germany with one tiny suitcase.........

have an awesome weekend!!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy first full day of summer! It's going to be a hot and sunny one, but the weather is supposed to go downhill from here for the next few days.

Too bad about your car, Ruth, but I think I'd actually enjoy a little respite from driving, as long as I could walk to everything I need. Hopefully yours will get fixed on Monday and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Gotta run for now, Jake wants his breakfast! Hi to everyone and I'll be back later.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Looks like a lovely day here. I may just get that hammock out and do nothing for an hour or two!

Ruth- Think the universe is trying to tell you something?! Sounds like a lovely weekend - you and the dog folk and the garden and a dry deck

LC - I'm off to shop in an hour myself. Ahh the weekend Have fun

Nessa - Sounds like DH is improving. Bet you can't wait to get back to a real bed again! I'm going to read Beck - would you recommend the book or workbook first? I heard an interview with her on a podcast I get and am even more interested.

jandaman - Good luck with the move!!

Cottage - Have a good summery day

Me - well I had a rude but necessary awakening last night. I went off plan twice yesterday - one planned and one unplanned. First I ate a couple of nori role pieces at lunch. I did scrape most of the white rice off but there's a reason they call it sticky rice. Then I had a planned outing with co-workers and was looking forward to a pomegranate margarita on the deck over the river. turns out they use syrup not juice and I would bet my last dollar it has hfc in it. I went well over the edge last night into binge land after that stupid margarita. Nothing too seriously non SBD, though I had a whole serving of dark chocolate instead of the 1/4 serving I usually allow myself, just overwhelmed by the binge urge to eat even though I wasn't even hungry. Yuck! I'd almost forgotten how awful that feels. I did eventually make myself stop and planned out my meals for today. A couple of P1 days should help clean the crap out of my system. I guess it's a good reminder of just how close all that weight will always be for me.

Today is just a normal weekend chore day. Grocery shopping, gardening, and some food preserving. I was going to pick strawberries and then realized that it's really not cheaper than buying them at the little stand down the road. I think I'll buy them there and put the extra time into drying and freezing them. Maybe that will save me enough time to get some hammock reading in!

Tomorrow we are off to the coast over night. I do love the ocean and the birds

Have a good day all!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Cyndi the book has a lot more background... the workbook a lot more practical stuff.... depends on where you want to be with your Beck Work.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, y'all! Looks like rain in Atlanta today, but we need it and it cools things down, so I'm not complaining

Grocery shopping this morning, so I'm finishing up our list. This afternoon we're taking our sons to the Navy recruiter. One enlisted after he graduated last month, so this is a bi-monthly meeting, while the other will be taking a practice ASVAB test. He is hoping to enlist, too, once his score is a little higher. I'll be emotional Mom this summer, thinking about the day they leave for bootcamp, but I'm so very proud of both of them.

Enjoy your day!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #9  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

hi ladies! it is sunny and beautiful here! i am not sure yet what's on the agenda for today -- hopefull relaxing with the girls and taking it easy as mush as possible. i do need to do my shopping and cooking -- probably tomorrow. and of course we must get to the pool!

i hope everyone has a wonderful first weekend of summer!!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Today will be my fun day of the weekend - knit group and family game night. Game night should be interesting food wise, but I'll do the best I can. We'll be celebrating my mom's birthday today, most likely.

Tomorrow, I'll have to be productive. I have several straight weekends of dog showing in May and my house is pretty much a disaster and needs major Spring cleaning. Time to take advantage of a couple months off from showing to get the house in order. I seem to note that my house and weight seem to run together. Nice clean house, weight goes in right direction. Icky, messy house, weight goes in the wrong direction.

I've been having afternoon & nightly rain here (seems early this year, I always think of the rainy season as July and August)- saves me from having to run the sprinklers. My deck will dry as soon as the sun hits it.

Good luck with the move, Jan! I'm with you on where on earth do we accumulate all this stuff. I'm decluttering and it's amazing how much stuff ends up in the cr@p column!

Off to shower, eat breakfast and then wash a puppy. (She's not very presentable right now, and she's going to see family later!)
Old 06-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Morning Ladies!!! Happy Saturday!!!

Ruth - Sorry to hear about your car. At least it was a weekend that you didn't have anything major planned. I'm sure this will give you a chance to hang out at home and really relax. Enjoy this time!

L/C - I hope you found what you were looking for at the store this morning.

Nessa - Be sure to take care of your man. Make sure he doesn't exert himself too much. Hope water time was good!

Janda - Good to hear from you. Now.....get packing woman! Good luck on the move.

Cottage - I hope the sun is beautiful for you today!

Cyndi - Sounds like you had an interesting evening, but things sound like they are under control now. And smart thinking on the strawberries. Unless I'm making an event out of it, I say let others do the hard work. Have fun at the sea, I hope you see the birds you've been hoping to see!

Auralei - How proud you must be!!!! Thank you for being such a good mother to your two boys!

Nat's Mom - Have fun in the pool today. Enjoy that time with your girls!

briezee - Missed you the first go around. Welcome, I don't know if we've "met". What kind of dogs do you show? Do you breed or just have one that you like to show off. That's got to be fun. Have a productive weekend!

Me - At the USO this morning. Lots of soldiers, but everyone's still sleeping. Yesterday was SO HOT!! And neither my dh or I have a/c in our cars. Driving home from work yesterday was utterly misserable! We're hoping to get me a new car in August, but unfortunately that means at least another 6 weeks with really hot weather and no air But I should look on the bright side, yesterday was our last day of school, so I'm off for a week. I'll be working summer school, but the week off is a nice break. Headed to a church BBQ this evening, hopefully it will cool off a little. Have a fantastic Saturday, ladies!
ENJOY!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 06-21-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

I've been hanging out in the Phase I thread. Wasn't sure if I should butt into this one - so, thanks for the prompt Ruth!

I show Samoyeds. So far, just the guy in my avatar (Winter). He's 20 months. My five month old girl, Summer, is also a Sammie, but is too young to show (they have to be six months). Summer's very small for her age right now, and if she doesn't get big enough, I'll show her in the rally (less stringent than typical AKC obedience trials) ring instead. I don't know that I'll ever breed Summer. Way too much work! Besides, she needs to be two to have health checks done, so the question is pretty academic for a couple years.

Auralei, congrats on the boys. A woman in my knit group just had her oldest son finish boot camp and training for the marines, so I've seen how nerve-wracking, but proud that can be!

Last edited by briezee; 06-21-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Thank you bunches for the support/encouragement for my sons I'm pretty overprotective, so having them leave home for good is pretty tough, plus Christopher's Navy job will be Damage Control (firefighting). I'm going to be a complete wreck lol

But, the benefits they'll be getting are fantastic, not just college and a job, but some real direction in their lives, and pride in the decision they've made.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #14  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello also. I'm on my way to the gym, need to get my hour in for today before life happens and I don't make it. It's good to meet all of you! And Auralei, it feels great outside. I'm not complaining, because I'm sure really soon it's going to be hot and miserable.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #15  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

afternoon all:
i just lurk most of the time. not really doing any sort of diet right now. long story on that. can't do any excersing because of a surgery i had in may. hope to be able to in july. have to see. recoop time keeps being extended.
anyway hope everyone has a great summer day. went out to farmers market and store to get some things to start sb on monday. got new book from libary this morning.
auralei: good luck with your sons. our son went in the navy after high school and was in when 9/11 happened that was the scarest for me, because i couldn't find out where he was. the ship was out at the time and of course no phone calls or emails, nothing for days upon days. he worked with the bombs. great i send my son into the navy and he comes back to me smoking, drinking, and makes bombs. LOL. but, finding a job in the real world not much in the bomb building business. he is using his gi bill now. in computers this time.
time to go read book.
Closed Thread