South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schmoodle...have a wonderful and fun anniversary!

Now, I can always remember your anniversary date. My Dad passed away 2 years ago on May 23rd. I plan on celebrating for all of you! My brother in law is coming to stay with us for a week or so (the whole family has been gone since Katrina and he is coming home to scout out a job and some land close to us) So we plan on going out Friday on the river to a neat place and having some "libations" and watching the boats at sunset in honor of my Dad (who was very good at libations and sailing!) So I will also hoist a glass to you and your lucky hubby!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ruth - I'm with you on a small herb planter by the door. This year, I found a really great planter...it's basically three large planters that stack on top of each other and have 6 openings and a fully open top. It's worked out really well and all my herbs are thriving

Cottage - great job on resisting the pizza. That is one of the most difficult temptations for me.

TK - have a great day, dear!

Nessa - sorry to hear about the IBS. If it makes you feel any better, the nessa bars are helping me with my morning sickness They are really the only thing I can keep down. Thanks!

Cyndi - I LOVE coffee. Now that I've decided not to drink it, I want it more than ever Have fun in Maine, it's so beautiful up there!

Kim - congrats on DH's raise! It's always nice to get some unexpected money

Schmoo - congrats! That's a long time to be married! The sex coupon is a shoe in, I think anyone that has been married for anything longer than a year would need a coupon.

Hmac - Have a great day!

Cat - I hope you're saving your squash flowers. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The SBD shepherds pie was good last night. I think next time I might add a few more veggies to it to thicken it a bit, the sauce was really really runny.
I was craving fruit last night (as I did with my last pregnancy), so I had a bit of watermelon...it tasted funny for whatever reason (It was probably just me, DH said it tasted fine) so I had a green apple instead. I also threw up at the smell of my cast iron pot (too iron-y!) Who knows.
I cut back my wave petunias yesterday, they were looking a big leggy and only getting flowers on the very end. I also mixed some coffee grounds into the soil. Coffee has really done a number on my garden. I have some potted plants that were almost dead that came back and started to thrive with the addition of coffee. My violet plant LOVES a little diluted coffee in her violet pot.
DH is staying home for some of the day again to help out a bit. I get so overwhelmingly tired during the first trimester. I'm glad the semester is over so he can help out a little.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Nope no black beans around, so I quick put some refried bean soup in the crockpot for lunch.

Thanks, Cat, that's so sweet. It's wonderful that you choose to mark the day by celebrating and remembering the special things about your dad rather than mourning the loss.
zeff, that first trimester is tough. I have a very sensitive sniffer anyway and I remember how those smells really set me off when I was pregnant. I remember a guy at work that would pop microwave popcorn every afternoon and most days would burn it. That smell still makes me want to puke. Glad your DH has some free time to help you get through it.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #19  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Zeffryn, I must have somehow missed that your pregnant! Congrats.

Glad Nessa Bars are helping

Hi Schmoodle... wanna meet us at the wine festival in Mt Airy on Saturday?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #20  

oooh, definite possibility Nessa! Let me check with DH and get back to you. When will you be there?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #21  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good Morning y'all!

Things are very busy, as usual, but I think I'd be bored if I didn't have so much to do every day. DH and I started our training program from couch potato to 5K, with the eventual goal that maybe we can run a 1/2 marathon in December with our inlaws. We're hard core couch potatoes, but we were both very excited yesterday, so here's hoping that we continue. Thought I'd let you all know, because you guys are so very good at keeping people energized.

Other than that, hope everyone's doing well.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies, super busy at work but wanted to say
Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #23  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Late as usual

I am up at 7 am EST so I could sign in with you all but I am busy making my eggs and turkey bacon breakfast before I log on to begin work. Anyone else struggle with these daily check-ins?

Well, first of all congrats Schmoodle on the upcoming wedding anniversary! If I were to celebrate all the accumulative years that I have been married it would equal 26 years (of course that is between three husbands---another story altogether---I am happily married to Mr. Paul and I plan on celebrating many more years with him).

Nessa, sorry to hear about your IBS. I have had that for decades and it sucks. All I can say is that I do not sit down unless there is a fresh roll of tp on the roller. Need I say any more?

As for all the rest of you lovelies, I love to hear about gardens (I miss having mine) and of course the weather....cool and overcast here in Atlanta.

My latest news is that my Mom is scheduled to be released to home tomorrow. I have been so anxious the past couple of days I have already had one panic attack and I will probably have another before it all said and done. I did book a flight to go there on May 31st. It was going to be a weeklong "visit" . I do think this latest move is insurance-driven again. Mom's private insurance pays 100% for home health aides but her care is so intensive I am concerned that the first one will last a few hours. She has multiple medical issues right now. Nursing homes in the area have turned her away because they say she is too much work for the amount of money that they will be compensated. Yes, they were that blunt.

SO, as I am prone to do, I have been obsessing about this move of Mom's for the past several days. With my DH's blessing, I am probably going to be moving in with my parents for the summer. My job goes with me and I have a flexible work schedule (still need to work to earn money and pay bills). Of course, I have also thought about how I can take care of myself if I do this. I have a hard enough time sticking to my food and exercise plan with all of these "upsets" in the past several months. So, it will be a challenge for me to continue to follow what I began back on January 1st. I remind myself that I have hung in there this long so quitting is not an option. And, yes, I do listen to my other self. The stern, grown-up voice. lol So, that is what is on the near horizon for me.

Great to see everyone is doing so well these days. I hear a lot of happiness here. Yippee!! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by pamatga; 05-20-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #24  

pamatga, yes, I struggle, but I struggle to stay away and get things done! Glad you found the right Mr. P and are looking forward to many happy years.
I would say congrats on mom going home but I gather you don't think it's the right thing for her right now. I hope it all works out for the best. You are a very good daughter to go and take things on yourself and I'm sure that will be a big comfort to her. And your DH is awesome for supporting your decision. Of course you have to continue to take care of yourself. I hope you'll be able to keep coming here so we can keep an eye on you and make sure you are doing just that!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hiya friends. Bad news. I just got summoned for jury duty the week we're supposed to be in Myrtle Beach. Don't have a really justifiable reason to get out of it.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #26  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh kim that does suck... maybe if you tell them you have non-refundable reservations they can move it?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #27  

Kim - I'm pretty sure in Dallas they will let you postpone it. You tell them when you will be back and they reschedule it for then.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

That is what we're all hoping and praying for. I'm heading over there right after lunch to talk to them. Sigh.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #29  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

One caveat: you didn't say if you had already been through the jury selection process or it was pending. If you haven't already been selected then there is a strong possibility that you won't be. I guess, I would explain the situation to the court and see what they say. I was called for jury selection a couple of years ago. I simply told them that although I had no problem being part of the judicial system I am considered handicapped because of my mobility issues with my advanced arthritis. I haven't been to a doctor for 5 years because other than surgery there is really nothing that can be done about its progression. I was diagnosed with arthritis in 1994. It is well documented. Most of the historic downtown buildings ( or sections of them) here are not handicapped-accessed. There was no argument. I haven't been asked since.

I think they are probably reasonable people. I would tell them your situation and I am sure that some solution can be worked out.

Last edited by pamatga; 05-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #30  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

You could make yourself out to look like an anti-government, gun-toting wacko. See if they put you in the jury then!
Closed Thread