South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Often time when people are on diets, they feel like if they just get 100 fewer calories they will lose so much more. Don't ignore your body just to lose another 1/4 pound.

Staying faithful to SBD will be so much more rewarding in the end...healthier too!

Women's bodies are peculiar things. Sometimes we work our butts off and the scale won't budge or even worse, get higher (gasp!) and then other times, we can be couch potatoes (sweet potatoes!) and drop 10 lbs.

I have no idea why, but I do believe it's God's little joke.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It is a hard adjustment because for so long I could count on a loss most weeks. If I didn't have a loss one week, it was most likely due to TOM, and was always followed by a good loss the next week. Lately I am doing this pattern where there is no loss for a few weeks, then a whoosh. And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with TOM. It is frustrating when you're waiting for the whoosh, and you know it's coming and you're doing everything right, but it feels like it will never get here...
Hang in there girl!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I do the same thing Schmoodle! Drove me crazy in the beginning because I thought I was doing something wrong. Now I know it's just my body's little way of driving me nuts
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

One more thing I wanted to mention - I drink alot of water a gallon or more a day would this have anything to do with the not feeling hungry or the non weight loss?
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Be careful with exceeding a gallon of liquids a day, especially if you're eating a low sodium diet, or if kidney disease runs in your family, or if you are on any medications, especially diuretics and blood pressure medications. Water poisoning is rare, but can happen.

If your diet is very high in sodium, your body will hold on to more of the water you drink, so this might be part of the equation.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #21  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks you guys for all the advice. On Saturday I started taking in less of the water I usually drink and my eating has been pretty on schedule so I am thinking it may have been the exxcess of water ????? We will see I guess.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote