South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #16  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

gonna-sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Things will get better. Take care of yourself. *hugs to you*
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #17  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

{{{{{{{{gonnabe}}}}}}}}}}}} sorry it's a rough morning for you.

yesterday was hard on me and i'm still feeling the emotional shaking...

brian was driving his bus back to the lot he was going the speed limit of 45 miles per hour when a box truck stopped in front of him and he rear ended it.... freak accident. he looked up in the mirror for a second to transfer lanes...

he had a minor head trauma, four stitches on the bridge of his nose, chest wall trauma (the seat belt left an exact mark across his chest), a broken left big toe, and leg, hand and chest lacerations. he also developed cellulitus in his left leg....

he went back to driving on Tuesday...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #18  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

nessa-wow!!! So was the other person at fault? He should be if he didn't slow down and just came to a complete stop.

Kara-gotta get going. lots to do. PM me if you want about the gumpaste stuff.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks,
I have goofed off a bit too much this week, so I am allowing myself a morning visit but then I will not come back until tonight, if I've got some time. Need to finish up the work week strong and I do not want to spend the weekend cleaning house!
Had a very frustrating meeting last night, small-town politics, grrr. I understand now why most of the longtime residents of this town don't want to get involved in the government end of things, there are just a couple of people that have everything wrapped up and don't want anything to happen without their approval, so basically, nothing ever gets done. That good old boy network is very strong. So, I am considering resigning from my committee and going back to ignorant bliss. I love my house and I'd hate to move, plus there are some great people in this town. When we moved here, I told my husband I'd never move again, but now I'm starting to consider it down the road. It's a sad thing to think about.
But enough about me, let's talk about you!
cottage, DD2 has her dance recital coming up too. It's so exciting for them. She just picked up dance again this year, much to my chagrin. DD1 ruined me for dance after having her in the dance troupe since the age of 6, it totally took over our lives. It's a shame now for DD2 because I don't want to have anything to do with it, but I will show up with flowers and enjoy her recital!
Icky milk. I had a bottle of milk leak in the back of the car, and it took forever to get rid of that sour milk smell!
jandaman, stand up for yourself, you can do this! Good teachers are such an asset to a school, and you deserve to be rewarded. When I am in that situation, I decide what I want and what I'm willing to risk to get it. At times, it has come down to, give me what I want or I'm leaving. Guess what, I got what I wanted! Good luck with it. I just had my yearly review and threatened to leave the company unless they give me a big raise, but I don't know yet if it worked this time. Luckily, I do have a job offer to back it up.
Ruth, hope your PT guy goes easy on you! Happy snow-melting.
Kara, hope the babies stay/get healthy.
Nessa, sounds like you need a today! Mmmm, sushi.
tk, glad you are feeling better!
Hope BF is feeling better soon, weezle! This year's flu season just seems to be hanging on forever...
Oooh, fluff, you are on dial-up? Poor thing. BTW, that hunger thing is a great tip, I'll try to remember that one.
Gonna, sorry you are having a bad day. Here's a for you too.

See ya later chicks. I'm off to earn my keep.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Life's simple pleasures! I didn't miss garbage pick-up. Monday was a municipal holiday so they are a day late! No exciting trip to the Dump is needed.

Nessa, that sounds just terrible. Poor Brian and poor you with all the worry.

Gonna, big hugs for you today. May your day improve.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Gonna. I don't even know what to say to help you, but do know that we're thinking about you and praying for you.

Krystal, unfortunately (for me) I don't have a problem eating given situations of sick kids. Oh well.

Tawnya, I do have a picture, but what I don't have is the cord to connect my camera to the computer or a slot for plugging in the memory card! I made a three-tiered cake (2 layers in each tier) and sloped it so it looked like a ski slope. I just did it in regular buttercream, to look like the snow peaks and all. Then I made a snowboarder out of gum paste. It was my first time using gum paste so I might not have mixed it right or something. I added gel color to make it match my brother's ski jacket and pants and snowboard. It was fun to do, but quite messy with the coloring. Came out cute. I'm wanting to make a beach theme for my two sisters' and dad's birthdays, which are all within a couple days of each other at the end of April, and I thought it would be cute to have little sun bathers.

Schmoodle, hope that raise comes through! Good luck cracking down today!

Connor reports that he's feeling better. He hasn't thrown up for twenty minutes, so we might be getting there!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-27-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Gonna:

Hey to everyone else! Another fly-by for me! Work will be busy until I get those notices out next week. Love ya all!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #23  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
nessa-wow!!! So was the other person at fault? He should be if he didn't slow down and just came to a complete stop.

Kara-gotta get going. lots to do. PM me if you want about the gumpaste stuff.

no tk if you hit someone in the back you're at fault even if they stopped short.

but the police officer knew brian was not totally at fault so he wrote the ticket for the least offense and fine he could and suggested brian go to court to have no points assessed.

i'm out of sorts about SBD.. feeling like a failure... i was chastised somewhere else yesterday for giving SBD advice when I clearly don't follow it myself... I haven't really lost much weight in 6 months... I could if i was strict be at goal...

so those 'join weight watchers for free' emails are looking good...
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #24  

Okay, I know I said I wasn't coming back, but I am waiting for a big file to download, and thought I'd cruise by. Then I saw Nessa's post and have to respond! so...

Nessa, you have helped me so much when I was getting started on SB. You really know your stuff. None of us here is perfect that I know of, and I don't think any of us expect that of each other. I like the way you don't sugarcoat things, and I'm sure you are that way with yourself too. C'mon now, how many WW refugees have we seen around here? Yeah, I know, it's a good program, blah, blah, different things work for different people, etc., but really, everyone I know personally that lost weight on WW has gained it back. Hopefully you aren't serious, you just need to relocate your SB mojo. I think that's why you came back to us?! Now quit getting me all upset. Why don't ya join me on PH1 this week?

Okay, no hate posts from WW fans, please.

P.S. you are so close to goal! When you get there I'll meet you at LB outlet for some spring/summer shopping!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-27-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #25  
ONEderland here I come!

Schmoodle.. i was actually thinking of trying CORE... not flex...

oh I don't know... i just am so bummed out by this damn boot.... i want to go back to the gym
Old 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #26  

When will you get rid of the boot?
Isn't core just SB for WW? I don't really know anything about their different plans.
Weezle does a combo doesn't she?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Nessa - I think you need to just take a few deep breaths and realize that you're not in a good decision-making frame of mind. You've had a lot of stress, and you've got an injury (isn't that what the boot is that you referred to?). One thing you might want to consider is trying some St. John's Wort. Now, before you do - check with your doctor if you have any health concerns. I don't know if it's one of those supplements that has any side effects.

It is a natural anti-depressant, and has very few (if any) side effects. I was perpetually overwhelmed for years, and a friend recommended it. I started taking it around Christmas, and I can tell you that I feel wonderful now. Even when tough stuff happens, I can handle it a lot better. If you can, spend some money and get a good kind at a health food store. (Mine is by Metagenics). Start small with one pill a day, then you can up it to two a day a week or so later, with a max of 1800 mg. If you don't notice a change, then go back to the previous dosage.

My housework is done for the morning, so now to do computer work.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #28  
ONEderland here I come!

I see the doc on the 9th of april but i'm not permitted back to the gym till May 1st at the earliest IF the boot comes off which it may not.

It could be PMS, it could be that the person who ragged on me yesterday about being a failure is right... or i could be crazy.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #29  

Nessa - You are not crazy and you are not a failure. You have given very good advice here. Heck, I've let myself gain back 20 pounds over the last year or so by making bad choices but I still feel able to give good advice because I know what works even when I don't follow my own suggestions. And I keep coming here because I get the support that I need to deal with what is going on in my life right now - even if I haven't managed to work out and eat as well as I should.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

I don't understand how someone who has lost 60 pounds and effectively maintained that loss for six months is a failure.

Especially someone who cares so much about other people as you, Nessa!

We love you and know you'll make the right decision for you and your goals. I've found I have to switch "it" up a bit, if that's making up different meal plans for awhile or getting more stringent or more lenient or whatever.

Does you gym have one of those arm bikes? At least that would get some of those endorphins going. I have serious issues if I don't get my morning workout in. I am grumpy and nasty. I think I'm addicted to the endorphins. I don't know if this is a serious problem or not...

You're a beautiful, smart, quick-witted gal, Nessa!

Kara
Closed Thread