South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Gonna, what are you eating? Maybe post a normal day. Are your calories high enough? Any chance you are pregnant?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #17  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Schmoodle your not the only one to say the pregnant thing but I don't think so

Saturday
B- mexican omelet with coffee & soymilk
S- south beach bar
L- chicken salad w/dressing
S- turkey & roast beef sandwich on wheat & baked chips
D- mixed veggie salad & turkey patty
S- nothing

Yesturday
B- tuna & cheese omelet, coffee & soymilk
S- granola bar
L- 1/2 chicken breast, cottage cheese & mixed veggies
S- 2 clementines
S- 1/2 of turkey & roast beef sandwich
D- sirloin burger on wheat & frys (at home kind)
S- south beach peanut butter cup (i ate this & it was the first time I felt full all day)

Today so far
B- over medium eggs, turkey bacon & l/o veggies
S- cottage cheese & slice tomato

I average around 1800 - 2000 calories per day but I average 60 minutes or more of ecercise a day

Last edited by GONNABE165; 03-17-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Loriann: Sorry that you're missing the boys - I'm sure you did the right thing and that you'll find peace soon. Hope you have a good day. Congrats on getting that scale to move again!

cottage: I'm sure that you've enjoyed your vacation, but I'm sure you also missed the girls. I bet they had a blast!

Ruth: Hope you enjoy your corned beef! I tried to talk DH into some corned beef and sauerkraut for dinner, but he thinks it will taste gross. (I did try to explain to him that his favorite sandwich - a reuben - was the same think, but with bread. Men! Have a good day and I hope that the spring is well on its way for you!

, nessa!

Cat: How scary!! I'm sure you're right that it was just a prankster, but you can never be too sure. Glad you didn't get caught up in the mess, though! (Although, I wonder if you had been evacuated with your cart full of groceries if they would have let you keep it for free? I doubt it!)

LC: I think 36 tables is great!! My mom helps with a similar thing at her church. We were talking about it on the phone because it's next weekend and she said that their first year they only had 10 tables. She has 200 signed up this year! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

FluffyK: Get some rest! Hope you don't catch what the kiddos have - that would be terrible. I hope they feel better soon!

Jessie: I have to say that I love watching your ticker move along! I'm so happy for you and your DH! Hope you feel better - but we all understand your moodiness and wouldn't have it any other way!

Gonna: I've got my green on for sure! My office is pretty vicious when it comes to the St. Patty's day pinches! Hope you have a good day.

Schmoodle: Congrats on getting down to 180!! I think that is a wonderful achievement! WTG!!

Laurie: DH and I are having a low-key night as well. Hope you enjoy the gym!

Me: Buuuusssyyyy weekend for us! We spent hours working on the garden on Saturday - including two hours of shoveling "fertilizer" down at the stables. We got everything tilled in, though, so now we're really looking forward to planting. We also went and looked at mattresses which led to looking at furniture - I think I could blow a year's worth of paychecks here. We picked out some nice things to save up for, though!

Yesterday was church and cleaning. Today is more cleaning. MIL and her 20-years-younger-than-her boyfriend will be here in two weeks. Sigh. That should be "interesting". Well, this post has taken about an hour to get out - so I'd better submit it! Have a great day!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Beachgal - Fortunately, my family already had its round with the flu. My kids just have cold this time around. I was just feeling off thanks to my food issues. I still haven't figured out everything that "bothers" me, and the next day I often wake up with severe nausea. It eventually passes, as it has already this morning.

GonnaBe - If TOM is nearing, you might also be having iron issues. Up your green leafies and see if you can sneak in some red meat as well. If you have a multi with iron, you could take that. I have to split my multi one at night and one in morning or I get an upset stomach, but it does help. I'm not seeing a whole lot of iron-rich foods in your diet, unless your mixed veggies include spinach and stuff like that.

DD4 has nearly lost her voice (not always a bad thing - she's got a really screechy voice to begin with.... did I say that? Bad me....)

I'm feeling better now. I have to get something accomplished.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #20  

Ooooh, thanks Kim, but I'm at 190, not 180. If it was 180 I'd really be bouncing off the walls. Although, one more pound and I can say I'm IN the 180's!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #21  

Yes, breaking each 10-lb mark is SOOOOOO much fun! I can't wait to get back in the 130's, it has been SO LONG since I was there. I'm just really afraid, because I know that the closer I get to my goal, the harder it is going to get.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #22  

Gonna, I'm am always hungrier just before TOM, but it's usually a few days at most, not a couple of weeks (thank goodness!) Your calories and protein level look good, maybe more veggies (couldn't we all?), but that shouldn't make you shaky.

What kind of fries? Are they white potatoes? Is it a regular granola bar? Maybe the fruit, granola bars and potatoes are spiking you?
Maybe try some beans? To me they are a magical food, not just a magical fruit!
Protein, fiber, and very filling.
Maybe the chicks have some other ideas..
Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Only one more pound until I'm in the 180's and I'm pretty excited about that.
Ooops - I guess I should read more slowly! Oh well - 190 is awesome, Schmoodle!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #24  

Fluffy,
Quote:
DD4 has nearly lost her voice (not always a bad thing - she's got a really screechy voice to begin with.... did I say that? Bad me....)
Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #25  

What diets are most people on on this site ?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #26  

On this part of the site, we are on the South Beach Plan. But if you go here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102 you will see forums for lots of different plans.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #27  

I'm WFH today so I have my Everyone Loves an Irish Girl shirt on (even if I am only a quarter Irish). My great grandfather and his family came over from Ireland. Brian had to wear his blue field trip shirt to day care today but the put a larger green t-shirt underneath and a set of green Mardi Gras beads so he wouldn't get pinched. Hopefully it worked.

I've got the car dropped off at the body shop. They say 7-10 days! The rental car is going to be expensive. The insurance only covers $20 a day and they didn't have anything small. I'll call later to see if they got in any small cars. Plus I'll have to pay the deductible and then the insurance will try to collect from the kid who pulled out in front of me. I didn't exactly need more ways to spend money right now.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #28  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the feed back Fluffy & Schmoodle I had a salad today with grilled chicken breast & black beans 0 the frys are baked sweet potato frys and have never bothered me before. I was thinking it was TOM but I usually get chocolate cravings but not this time. Could it be that I added exercsie in to mornings (before breakfast)?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Good morning and Happy St. Patty's day!
I am back on PH1 as of this morning. And of course my boss brought in cookies and green kisses and put them on all of our desks. I'm taking mine home with me at lunch and leaving it somewhere for my boyfriend!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #30  

I am going to have a hard time staying OP today. I really needed to grocery shop, and my cupboard is bare of OP foods. I'm doing my best to be as OP as possible, but it's not gonna work very well.

I'll have to go shopping later tonight after my meeting. It starts at 7- hope it doesn't last long.
Closed Thread