South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Schmoodle - this isn't a "bring a dish to pass" kinda party, so I think she would be a little miffed. I never know how to read her, so it's best to err on the side of caution...
Old 03-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #17  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Schmoodle Arunedal Mills is about 30-40 minutes from me... but that's no big deal.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #18  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

good morning everyone! i have been lurking a bit and havent had time to post. i am so sorry to hear about the kitties that is very sad.

hope everyone has an awesome sat ... back to studying for my technical certs for me!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #19  

I'm supposed to be cleaning my kitchen, and instead I'm dawdling and puttering. I would much rather be sleeping, but I think I would sleep past the start of the party. I've lost enough that some of my clothes are starting to fit better, so I'm thinking of trying on the "too tight" jeans. Not sure if I will or not.. Well, I ought to go and turn on some music and hope it inspires me to get moving in the kitchen.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, Gettysburg is an almost 2 hour drive for me! How about Bel Air? Would that be about 1/2 way for you?

Loriann, we painted the paneling in our basement, and it looks great! First we lightly sanded it, then put a coat of primer on it before painting it white. It was pretty easy, and we get lots of compliments on it. That's sad about your kitties, but I do think it was for the best.

For breakfast, I had some blueberry baked oatmeal w/SF maple syrup and a veggie omelet. But I also ate several pieces of bacon. Oh well, moving on - did I say I wasn't going to buy anything for myself at the outlets? I ended up with 6 cute tops, a pair of shorts, and a strapless bra. I got each of the younger grandkids several outfits for Easter, too. I'll take care of Caite when she gets back from France. Oh! I bought a new pair of sneakers, too. And would you believe I paid less than $200 for all that?
Everyone but me are having naps now. I'm thinking about what to make for supper, since Dustin and his family are coming over later so Amber can play with Carley. Maybe we'll just have pizza, less work for me.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

I threw out my "fat" clothes today. I don't have much left. Guess the first check's going towards some clothes. I hate to get too much because I think when I drop another 20 lbs I'll be in a different size than I am now. Still it feels sooooo good to get rid of that 4x stuff.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmagejkt View Post
I threw out my "fat" clothes today. I don't have much left. Guess the first check's going towards some clothes. I hate to get too much because I think when I drop another 20 lbs I'll be in a different size than I am now. Still it feels sooooo good to get rid of that 4x stuff.
oh Yay for you!
Old 03-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #23  

Is that little zoo still open in Cecil county? We used to picnic there.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, maybe we can pull it together one day ladies. With so many of us in the same general area, it seems a shame to never meet. Of course I guess we could meet and decide we don't really like each other in person after all! That would bite big time! Bel Air is 90 miles, so maybe Nessa is in the middle!

I am so tired, what a busy day. And I did the stair stepper this morning at the gym and I'm really starting to feel it in my legs. Standing around for an hour at the cookie booth didn't help and then I had to grocery shop. I think I may try to work in a hot bath here soon. We're going to watch some dumb movie with Will Farrell, but I am looking forward to my weekly treat of 100 calorie bag of popcorn anyway. And it looks like I'll get a weekend off from the sleepover game.

Fluffy, that's too bad. All our family parties are bring-a-dish parties. None of us likes to have to do all the work!
Cyndi, post it when you get a minute, if you don't mind. It sounds good!
Spirit, hooray on the clothes NSV! Doesn't it feel great to get rid of that stuff!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-15-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I see it Cyndi, thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #26  

Cyndi - I've never tried this recipe before. I'll let you know how it works out. Basically, I peeled and sliced eggplant and put it in the crockpot and topped it with some chicken breast. I then dusted it with whole wheat bread crumbs and topped it with some Ragu pizza sauce. It called for sauting the chicken in all sorts of unhealthy stuff but I was lazy so I'm trying it this way.

I did have one bad thing happen today. Robert and his friend were packing his stuff into a truck. Actually I was carrying a lot of the heavy stuff since his friend has a bad back. Anyway, lunchtime came and I decided to just run out quick and grab something for us all. A 16 year old kid pulled out right in front of me and I clipped his bumper. The officer said I had the right of way so it may not end up costing me anything but I can't open my front door now and probably can't drive after dark since I'm not sure the light works. The auto body shop doesn't open until Monday so I'll have that to deal with. I'll probably have to pay the deductable and then the insurance will go after him. He didn't have an insurance card with him so we'll have to see if he is really insured.

Robert should be back soon with a different friend to load up more stuff. He's having to get another storage unit since he can't fit it all in a 10x10. There comes a point where I have to wonder if he couldn't afford a cheap apartment if he can afford two storage units but it isn't my problem.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #27  
ONEderland here I come!

bel air is also about 30 minutes. seems like everything is.

my own south beach board is planning a spring meeting probably at patapsico state park here in baltimore... with our families....
Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #28  

Spirit - Yay for you! I don't know what you have available by you, but I like to shop for the "interim" sizes at my local thrift shop. Clothes are cheap and there are plenty of choices. Lots of name brands, too.

Schmoodle - it was just a veggie and a fruit plate at the beginning, then chicken wings and pizza later. Ice cream cake for dessert. It's both sides of their family, and the "other" side doesn't do dish-to-pass stuff like this side does. Oh, well.

I had a shrimp stir fry before I left. I ate veggies while I was there. When the pizza and wings came, I had two wings. I really wanted the pizza, but that would have been major sickness. Then I had 3 bites of ice cream cake. I guess I did OK, though I had hoped to do better. I just got home. Jeez, why do you have kids' BD parties so late? I'm exhausted. I only have 1 of my 4 kids at home tonight, and he's my sleeper. I think I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow. That NEVER happens, and sleeping in is anything past 7AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #29  
ONEderland here I come!

we are NOT discussing my food choices last night... just NOT

have a great sunday!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #30  

There is more selection here than I had when I was living in Maine. I had to drive over an hour to a store that had anything. I don't want to get too much til I get into the regular XL size clothes. I don't know if I'll go down much more than an 18. Even when I was in high school and fairly thin I was in a much larger size because of my height. Walmart carries nice long pants and jeans and actually their clothes fit me pretty well.

It snowed a fair bit last night so we'll be digging this morning. ( its hubbys turn) It should be a nice quiet day today. I have a long stretch at work this week, but a 5 day break after. We're discussing summer plans. I want to go on some short trips. We also are getting a kayak for me. Hubby already has one. We have three national parks in easy driving distance plus the rest of Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island. I've only seen part of Cape Breton. Fitting into that cockpit of the Kayak without the seat digging my hips will definetly be a NSV.
Closed Thread