South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Loriann - it sounds like the thing to do, letting your son take care of his own family matters.

Kara - what's the countdown? Did you hear from Tom yet?

Cyndi - want to come work on my storage area? I have four kids' worth of "stored" clothes to sort through, and I've neglected it for a LONG time. Everything is all mixed up. I love freecycle, too. Congratulations on reaching your goal. I can't WAIT for that to happen. I'm finally thinking WHEN, not IF!

TK - sickness is one of the things that really sabotages my diet plans as well. My kids are starting to get colds, I think - I hope that's not going to do too much damage!

Kim - great job on your first day!

Schmoodle - ugh. what a weekend! I hope you get that nap afterall. Sometimes when I need one, I keep thinking "After I do this..." and it never happens.

Jandaman - Hello! We chatted a little in another area. Glad to see you here.

I didn't sleep well last night either. I have food "sensitivies" to some preservatives, and they make me jumpy/insomniac... Then the next morning they make me feel YUCKY. Kids are sneezy and plugged up, and my head's feeling a little fuzzy. Could be the lack of sleep, might be a cold? Hope not. Just a regular day of cleaning and such. Hope everyone's getting caught up on that sleep.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Loriann, my thoughts will be with you this weekend. I know very well how hard it is to make pet decisions like that but you do feel a sense of relief afterwards and know you've done the right thing.

Cottage, how great that you are getting a long weekend. Wanna drive up here and see some real winter?

TKG, the hardest thing for me when I was in the breeding business was letting the puppies go to their new homes but I knew they had to go. I always wanted to keep at least one from each litter but I'd be up to a dozen dogs by now. Time to harden your heart.

CindyM, on being past your goal. Are you planning on resetting it? I have no idea what folks should weigh these days and usually go by BMI. Good work on clearing out the storage area - I'm still struggling with my sewingroom purge.

Kim, sounds like you are definitely ready to get back into Phase I. "Myrtle Beach, here she comes!"

Schmoodle, what a frightening and frustrating night you had! I hope you can work in a mid-day nap and change your mood. We DO need sleep!

Jandaman, to the Daily! I feel we know you already from reading your other posts. This is a great group of ladies - well, most of us are ladies but I believe there are exceptions. (Points to self!)

Gonna, the trip to Atlanta sounds like just what y'all needed. What the heck is ESPN? Now if you wanted snow, I sure could have sent you some.

Fluffy, how about some herb tea, lots of water and veggies and maybe an afternoon nap? You might be able to head off the sickies before they get entrenched.

Sorry about the tired Chickies and incipient sickies this morning. I think the time change screws us up. It's recommended that we spend extra time in the sunshine to help adjust to DST.

I just called my "baby" brother to wish him Happy Birthday this morning. I must be really old when my baby brother is mid 60's! It was good timing as a friend of his died this weekend and he was feeling very old and decrepit. He will be here for a visit in three weeks when he has an Ottawa engagement - it'll be great to catch up.

OMG! It's after ten and I'm still in my robe! Hershey is quite disgusted - although she is still in her robe too. Time to get my day cranked up.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone- i'm back and starting Phase 1 again.
Work still shaky, dont know how long this place will
be open, sometimes our checks are 2 weeks late!!!
Applied for many jobs but the few interviews I've
been on pay half what I'm making! Very frustrating.
Hsve another interview today-told work i had to
take brother to doc. Hope all has a good day-rainy here
in South Texas.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #19  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

SA-its raining? not here in houston, just alittle cool. maybe its coming the way
Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Everyone.
I too am new here at 3FC. I love this site! I knew all along I was not the only one going thru this, but now I dont feel so isolated. My daughter and I have both changed our WOL this year. She is counting calories and I am doing South Beach. She lives in South Carolina and my younger kids and I will be going to see her in two weeks and we have not seen each other since Jan. I am hoping we can both see a difference in each other. I seemed to have stalled a bit, but also added exercise in two weeks ago so hoping that soon I will be losing again.
anyway nice to meet you all.
Tracy
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #21  

tk - It's a rainy day in the Dallas area. But they say we may get to 80 later this week which is fine with me.

I'm going to take Brian to gymnastics tonight so he'll have more time with his Dad on Wed. That's assuming I get out of work early enough.

Robert refuses to close the gas account so I can get it in my name even though we both know the house is going to me. He wants them to change it to my name but the only way they do that is when they close/open accounts. Since they changed the address on the account to his PO box, I'm just going to have to set it up for auto pay to make sure the bills get paid on time. I swear he is purposely doing things to make them as hard as possible for me. Now he wants to set up a storage POD in the bad driveway but that would block my access to the garage so I am not going to allow that.

He keeps saying that "reasonable people don't get divorced". He seems to think he is reasonable but I personally don't agree.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #22  

Barb
When I got divorced my ex gave me no support. Its seemed like he wanted to do everything he could to make it hard on me. But I made it! I struggle still, but its still a better life. Good luck to ya, it should get easier as time goes by.
Tracy
Old 03-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #23  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

TOM'S IN CALIFORNIA!

Linda, hope you got your day started!

Loriann, good luck with your cats' appointments!

Tawnya, you're BEAUTIFUL! Glad to hear your husband is deciding to try to work on his issues.

Hi Cyndi! You go with all that exercise!

Kim, good for you taking Phase 1 by the horns! Good luck!

Schmoodle, I'm so sorry to hear about the nonsense with your daughter's flight. Sometimes they lose the forest for the trees down at the airports!

Jan, welcome to the chat! We're moving to Germany in a couple months - near Ramstein Air Base! We'll have to start a European 3FC South Beach contingent!

Gonna, glad you had a nice vacation!

Krystal, what a great excuse to cut out all those preservatives from your diet! I wouldn't want to feel that way. Hope you are doing better as the day goes on!

Ruth, I want to know what Hershey's robe looks like!!!

SA, good luck at your interview!

Welcome, Tracy! It's so fun to have new friends!

Barbara, I think we ALL agree that Robert is not reasonable! Even his friend (Mike?) agreed!

I just finished my breakfast here at 11:18 in the morning. We're still getting adjusted I guess! Connor's in the kitchen NOT doing his work and I am avoiding dealing with him because he is frustrating me right now. I should really just go tackle him.

Off to pig pile the six year old...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-10-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #24  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kara glad to hear Tom is making it closer to you. Good luck with Commor

Welcome Tracy glad you joined us

I've been battling hiccups for sometime now this morning & nothing seems to be helping.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone

I'm new to the chat also. Hoping to catch up and get to know you.

I was religiously in the Phase I thread for two weeks. One week of Phase two and off to Texas. It may be rainy there Ladies but I have ice in my front yard

Although we stayed in a hotel, our friends made my diet more than a little tough. Plans I thought were in place weren't. They like to eat twice a day, I had to get oinky to get to eat lunch. My blood sugar jumped up and down like the stock market. But I am home now!

There are a few clouds covering the sun, but it might come out! The pooch is very happy I am home, the cats seem ignore me, there way of giving me a welcome home. The time change messed with us to, and then the change from Texas time to winter time But I am up now. I am awake, I really am! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kay
Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #26  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Late as usual

I am up early but I usually IM a couple of friends first thing in the morning.

I can understand how it feels when things are constantly changing, Kara. There is someone else here who is living in Germany who just posted on here. Maybe, you can connect with her when you move.

Hello everyone else. I am still working with my sister, Dad and an neverending team of nurses and doctors, discussing and making decisions regarding my critically ill Mom. Last week it was about "power of attorney" and I am sure next week it will be something different. My sister was defensive this morning because she makes rash decisions that upset my Dad and then I end up having to deal with both of them. Family life, right?

I am sorry to hear Barb about how your divorce is going. It is not a nice thing. I have been there. I hope you do what is best for yourself and your son. That is always the bottom line.

My wrist is swollen today, arthritis, so I am typing with pain. Ouch!

Have a good day everyone and early tomorrow!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #27  

I need some advise on something. I joined a walk club at lunch here at work. My problem seems to be my shins. Any one know any warm ups for that particular area? I also bought some inserts that are arch supports.. I used those today, but they still bothered for at least half the walk.
thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #28  

Geez, Kara - one would think you're excited with all the exclamation points in your post! :lol2: I hs'd DS10 until January, then I felt it was best for all of us for him to go to regular school. We moved all of them to a new school and it's going well. I really don't miss homeschooling at all. DS liked to push all my buttons... It served its purpose, as we worked on the myriad of things he needed one-on-one with. Now I've got him in a catholic school I love, and things are great. It would be very hard moving around like you guys do, though!

GB - BOO!

Kay - I would be crabby if someone didn't feed me about every 3 hours. Two meals a day? You'd have to remove all sharp objects and blunt weapons from my reach.

I think this head thing is going to go away. I feel better - must have just been nighttime congestion.

Off to do some more cleaning, or crocheting. Whichever I feel like.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #29  

Murray - it sounds a little like shin splints. I think you might want to get some of those inserts that have shock support, and I believe that ice might help a few times a day. You can try just stretching your foot by pointing it. It's an awkward place to stretch!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Thought I would drop in, I have been dealing with some serious insomnia for about a week now and it is making me so darn cranky so I have just stayed away. Sorry, no time for personals as my lunch was over 20 minutes ago. Have a great rest of the day chicks and may we ALL get some sleep tonight.
Closed Thread