South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #31  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy Sunday everyone. It was too crazy around here for posting yesterday. Busy cooking for a big family dinner this evening. My daughter got here on Thursday, but spent Friday and Sat with friends and her brother in Baton Rouge. Those two used to fight like crazy when they were little and here he was so happy to see his sister and threw an oyster party for her! She is coming back here today and my sister and brother in law are coming in also. They will bring my mother back to NC with them on Tuesday. After they leave, DD and I are headed out to New Orleans to hit Magazine Street stores and spas...a girl day out...and I don't feel the least bit guilty about missing work!!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #32  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Chicks... I woke up early this morning with cramps and a visit from TOM, so I am just sitting here sipping tea and hoping the advil will kick in.
I do think that I will be napping this afternoon. Nothing planned for today. It looks like it is going to be another yucky day. So I think I will meal plan for the week and then start my book that I was going to start yesterday.
Spiritmagejkt It rained like crazy here late yesterday afternoon and last night. Not sure what today has in store. But it is pretty windy right now. got to love the Martimes. Like they say if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes.

Barb I just want to say that I think that you are an amazing woman and mother. Wow. I am not sure I could handle things as well. You deserve a big pat on the back and a big hug. Take care.

Kiko- Looks like we need to jump off the boat and swim back into the beach. Good to see you posting.

Cottage- Hope you enjoy your day. I love the Walmart. I hope Caitlyn has a wonderful time. Kids seem to have such great experiences today. Enjoy your family time.

Thanks chicks for all the well wishes for my Megan, I am sure that she is going to be fine. I will just feel better when we know what is going on.

Well I am going to go curl up and watch a little tv and enjoy the quiet house before I lose that moment.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #33  
Ready to Change

Morning Ruth - wow that is lots of snow, we just got rain thank goodness. The sun is coming out. So maybe we are not going to get the storm they are calling for today. We will see. Take care of yourself and enjoy the day dreaming about flowers.

Cat- Morning to you as well, we were posting at the sametime. Hope you and your daughter have a great time. Maybe I will have to come for a visit after all your family leaves so you won't be lonely. Take care and enjoy the day.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Sounds like a right healthy blizzard Ruth. I think it would tough to try to fly to Toronto today though. Maybe you should wait til it stops snowing before digging. I think your in for at least another couple of inches. At this point its not going to make much difference anyway. Looks like theyre saying 10-15cm on the weather network. This storm is just missing Halifax by about 50 miles. PEI is getting clobbered.

I'll be bummed when its hot during the summer. I hate heat. At least this year I am working in an air conditioned building. I've not had that since I came to Maine and I leave worked wiped to the point where I can barely stand. I'm going to try to talk my husband into a window air unit for the bedroom so I can sleep.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Chick don't I know it. I used to live on an island when I was in Maine, talk about some wild winds. We're just missing the snow.

I was just in St. John a couple weeks ago btw.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #36  
Ready to Change

spirit, it is just plain windy here right now, but fredericton is still getting freezing rain. What were you doing in good ole saint john. Anything exciting.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #37  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I've been reading about Callenetics and seeing so many good reviews of it, I decided to go ahead and order the dvd. I tried it out for the first time this morning. OMG. I really didn't "feel" anything while doing it, but after my bath..wow. It really got deep muscles..especially in my butt. Wow. As most of you know, I hate any kind of "jumpy" exercising and machines. yuck..pitooee. (I also have a rotten back) But this is great if there are any other exercise slugs out there like me.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Sunday morning chicks. I've got chili in the crockpot and laundry going. The sleepover guest just left. They slept like rocks! Didn't get up until 10:00. She can definitely come back anytime, they were no trouble. I'm going to do a little leftover cleaning, then we'll head over to pick up DS, visit my grandmother, and then take the kids swimming. Hope you all have a great day in the works.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #39  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Uh oh, better hurry or it won't be morning anymore Good morning chicks!

I'm the freecycle cleaning queen today. Decided it's the right temperature to tackle the storage room, or at least start. I suspect I'll be working on it until it's too hot back there.

Ruth - Sorry about all the new snow At least you can snuggle with Hershey. Hope you get out soon!

Little Chick & Cat - I'm kind of liking the idea of a 3FC road trip to visit Cat!

Spirit - yes, re: grapefruit It's become my favorite post exercise snack.

Cottage - Have a fun shopping trip. I avoid WalMart now because I -always- came home with more than I went looking for. We have a tiny little apartment and there just isn't room to accumulate stuff. My new goal is to get rid of everything we don't use/need. I'm sick of clutter!

everyone else out there.

Have a good day.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #40  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I've been to embarrased to post! my eating has been beyond bad! 3 week carb binge. DH and I went to the grocery yesterday FINALLY So I'm not doing full Ph 1 but I'm eschewing all bread grains and pasta for at least 2 weeks (with a small break on march 17th cough)
I have been working out but I just felt so fake coming here to talk while clutching a butter sandwich Detox? BRING IT ON!
Cat your lady time sounds great!
Cottage Hope you survived the crazy wind it was insane here!! My MIL lost a tempered glass table.
Ok I have the kitty screaming at me I have to go feed him!
I'll be back!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I have a nice 5 day weekend coming up, but by then hopefully your snow will have all melted. Your winter is sure going out in style this year!

Cat, it sounds like you have a wonderful week planned with your DD. Enjoy your big family dinner this evening!

LC, I've been meaning to tell you that I've had Meg in my prayers, and I'm sure she'll be just fine. I hope you have time to read and relax today, feel better soon!

Schmoodle, this must be chili weather, we had it yesterday. This time I took some roasted butternut squash and added it to the chili for some added veggie. Was it ever good! Have a good time swimming today, I hope the water is warm!

Cyndi, I bought the makens' for that Chickpea and Mushroom Curry while I was out this morning so I'll have everything on hand to make it this week. It really sounded yummy!

KO, we're glad you're back on the wagon again! Wasn't that wind something?

We saw a lot of storm damage while we were out this morning, and our neighbor's house narrowly missed being hit by a downed tree. Several areas are without power, so we were really fortunate. I have some laundry going right now, and am enjoying a cup of tea before DS's family comes for supper. They want spagetti in arrabiata sauce with hot Italian sausage, but I'm having salmon with a roasted butternut squash, brussel sprout and walnut medley. For dessert, I made a SBD friendly chocolate mousse that we can all enjoy guilt-free.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-09-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #42  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, I thought of you today and how proud you must be of your son with his horseback riding. I don't know why. I was just driving home from Wegman's and got a huge smile on my face!

Barbara, I'm sorry the parenting class didn't go well. That man needs a bonk on his noggin'. Just set us chicks on him!

Krystal, how'd you look in your boots???

Cyndi, did the spinach not do well in your curry dish? It sounds good to me! I'd eat spinach ice cream, though. I love spinach!

Jen, I'm so sorry about your heart issues! What a mess. I hope you can resolve it with a change in your blood pressure medications!

Linda, can you believe that rain and wind? Whew! I'm glad it's sunny now!

Oh, Ruth. I hope you didn't get hurt when you fell! I would've just laid there and made a snow angel!

Cat, I hope you have a wonderful time with your company!

Hey Kierie!!! Glad you're back on track! Post here any time. We all have our moments...

Well, Tom should have landed in Los Angeles about a half hour ago!!! I haven't heard from him yet, but he has to clear customs before getting on the flight to Sacramento, so he's probably standing in line somewhere. FOUR DAYS UNTIL HE GETS HOME!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-09-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #43  
Visualizing the Goal

OH! I found that Z-Sweet stuff at Wegman's today so I'm going to bake me up another pan of those bean brownies this evening (ate the last one from my last batch last night) and use it in place of the flavored syrup and agave nectar. We'll see how they turn out!

Kara
Old 03-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #44  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Cyndi, did the spinach not do well in your curry dish? It sounds good to me! I'd eat spinach ice cream, though. I love spinach!
Kara - I'm the same way with all greens It was good, soaked up the liquid which was fine since we didn't have any rice to go with it. It was different from some of my other curry recipes (have you seen the eggplant spinach curry recipe I posted? If you're a spinach fan check it out!) and I think it will be fun to experiment with other veggies.

I still didn't get to the brownies! I got distracted by the horrific storage room. I have all the ingredients though so will make them soon.

How many hours until Tom walks through the door?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #45  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. Thanks for letting me know it's OK to hang out here. Honestly some days thinking of food makes me ill so it's better for me to skim through those parts...

But I do love you all and miss the chatter when I am not here.
Closed Thread