South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/177/160

Height: 5'10''

Default A soft and good WW bread??

I am looking for advice on ww bread. My family is revolting against all of the ww breads I have purchased. Of course the kids love a P&J for their lunches most days, and they complain that the WW bread is dry and stiff. They are used to Hillbilly bread -(which I learned after I became a label reader is only "made with whole grains".) I am not a big bread eater, but I do want to make a healthier choice for the family. If anyone knows of a nice soft and good tasting alternative, I would love to hear about it.
ADAGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A good, soft ww bread that I like is Stroehman's. Arnold's also makes a good ww bread. Both are popular with my grandchildren for their PBJ's and grilled cheese.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #3  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Cottage - Where would you find that bread? I have been looking for good ww bread also. I find most are dry as well.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Arnolds also makes an extra fiber bread which is really really good. Instead of bread try wraps. They're softer and actually easier to eat. There was a low carb high fiber wrap but I can't rememeber who put it out. It had something like 20 gms of fiber per serving. It was in the deli section. Makes a nice pizza crust
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

In my area, you can find both Stroehman's and Arnold's bread in most any grocery store. I'm not sure if they're available nation-wide, though.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote