South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

I need an X-large mug this morning! I have to be at Cindy's by 6:15, as she and Richard are going to NYC for a conference and won't be back until around 9pm. At least the kiddies are over the sickies so they'll be in school part of the day. I'll have to think of something fun to do afterwards, and maybe I"ll treat them to supper at their favorite Chinese restaurant.

So what's everyone up to today?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, sounds like a long, but fun day ahead! Have fun with the kids today...I just love Chinese food!!!

Me..gettting ready to "fluidity", then get ready for work. Long day ahead for me to. Have to finish getting my house clean when I get home and then have to pick up my daughter in New Orleans at the airport around midnight. I've decided to take tomorrow off of work and also this coming Wednesday. My sister and brother in law are coming in on Sunday, then leave with my Mother on Tuesday...a busy few days getting Mama's stuff packed and shipped back to NC. I will miss her terribly.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good early morning, ladies!

Linda, I hope you have fun with the girls today! What about having them help make dinner? I bet they love to be in the kitchen! And then a nice, fun bath before bed. That would be my plan of action.

Cat, have a great workout, and enjoy your last couple days with your mom for this season! I bet you just can't wait to see your daughter!

ONE WEEK UNTIL TOM GETS HOME!

I'm procrastinating from going out for my run. It's light enough now so I really should head out. I have to figure out something to do out of the house this afternoon because Tom's step-mom is having a wisdom tooth out this morning and I'm sure she won't need to be hearing the kids stomping about the house all day when she gets home! The girls should be napping when she gets back from her appointment, and we do have violin later on today, so she'll get some peace and quiet. I feel bad for her - she's really nervous.

Well, off to get my rear in gear. Have a productive morning, all!

Kara
Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Linda, busy day, good luck with the kids!

Femme... have a nice jog...

Kara... sorry about the situation of the kids and gramma... kids can really make us miserable when we in pain, but when it comes to loved ones, we tend to "suck it up" as they say..... I wouldn't worry too much.

Me.... I'm heading to the old neighborhood (2 hr one way) to visit, drop joe off at grammas for funeral... and visit my best friend! YEAH... I will stop in and say hi to his family, give condolences, but high tail it out of there hopefully within 20 mins or so. Spoke with Barb, my ex's sister who is a close and dear frined of mine, and she agrees with me. I'll let her explain to "mommy dearest" why I left so quickly. See, Joe and all three brothers will be there, and JOe has them all convinced I'm this evil person... to them I'm a B----... so., let them say their goodbyes in peace. I get to see Clair! woot!

But it will be a lllooonnnnggggg day.

have fun all.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick today. I really goofed off yesterday and need to get my fluffy butt in gear and on the road. I need to return some "sickie" equipment in town and hope to work in a bit of a veggie/fruit shop when I'm there. Even a half hour drive seems to tire me out so I'll play it by ear.

Have a lovely Thursday - even if it's only in little bits here and there.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks, I'm back from my travels. I'll catch up on personals and yesterday's posts later. I've got a trip report to get out and I've got to make up an agenda for my meeting tomorrow. I am trying Ruth's Radish Home Fries right now, looking forward to tasting them.

This morning I heard the birds chirping as I woke up and had a flash back for some reason to an Easter from my childhood - my mom had made me a pink wool capelet to wear to church - with white patent leather Mary Janes. funny...

sounds like you all have fun and busy days ahead. For some reason this really feels like Friday. I guess it's been a long week!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, I hope you really like those radish homefries. I love them!!!

Ruth, have fun with you trip. I bet you get worn out because you're having to concentrate on every little detail.

Loriann, best of luck with the funeral today and have fun with Clair!

I'm back from my run. Got to talk to Tom today. He somehow worked out how to hook up the Vonage line in his hotel room. I think he had to disconnect something else to do it, but regardless of the shananigans he pulled, it was great to hear his voice!

Kara
Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Loriann - what a hornet's nest. I'd somehow manage to blunder it. I'm not very tactful, even when I try really hard.

Schmoodle - it REALLY feels like Friday to me b/c the kids have off a day of school tomorrow. Gotta get moving and clean soon!

Kara - it's great to hear that voice, isn't it? Sometimes it's good, other times it just makes you miss him IN person that much more. Will you have many more periods of separation in the future, or does this look like it's it for a while?

Well, I am kidless today. That rarely happens. Usually only in emergencies or serious illness/injury. I just decided last night that it doesn't hurt to ask, so I placed a call into MIL and told her it wasn't a big deal, I was just behind, and would she mind having DD4 there for the day. Now I'm FREE!!

First is cleaning off the kitchen table, then tackling Mount Foldmore. I'm going to be doing all the nasty jobs that keep getting put aside. When stuff piles up like that, I get overwhelmed and let it go completely. Foolish, I know - just my silly defense. I'm really trying to get into a routine where I do a little each day, but it hasn't worked. I'm hoping my new-found confidence with my eating might spill over into my housekeeping skills (sorely lacking). I have joined flylady.com a million times, but never stuck with it. I need a "housekeeping diet"!!!

It is COLD here today, so I'll be firing up that basement woodstove as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Krystal, you have no idea...After he gets home next Thursday (did I mention that's in ONE WEEK?!), he'll only be here for four days before he has to leave for Florida for ten weeks. Luckily, we can drive to Florida if we really want to, which wasn't so much an option for Korea so that makes in mentally easier at least. Plus, it's super to be near family, although it's obviously not the same. After he finishes the course in Florida, we're all going to Germany. I don't know what his deployment schedule will be out of Germany but I'm hoping we get at least a year before we have to deal with any more separations.

Good luck with getting your chores accomplished today! I used to do a little something every day and it worked well for me at that point. Now I'm a Friday cleaner (although laundry gets done more often than once a week).

Kara
Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Rosy Radish Home Fries are Yum-ola!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Thursday Morning Everyone! (Man this week is flying by - probably really helped that I was on vacation! )

Cottage: Mmmmm, Chinese. Haven't been able to indulge in that in a while. Hope your day is going well and that you and the girls find a lot to keep you busy. Glad they're over their sickies!!

Cat: Oh, you definitely will miss your mom. I'm glad your DD is coming for a visit. I bet you will have a lot of busy fun with all of your company this weekend!

Kara: I'm glad you talked to Tom and that you only have a week to go to see him. The kids must be getting really excited. Hope you find some fun out-of-the-house activities. Good luck to your MIL!

Loriann: I'm sorry about the situation with your ex's family - especially in this time when everyone needs to grieve in peace. I think you have the right idea about leaving quickly. Hope you enjoy your visit with your friend!

Ruth: I'm sure that it's rough for you, but it'll get better. Pretty soon you'll be tearing up the roads like you were before surgery. Have a good day.

Schmoodle: I love Easter reminiscing - I always loved my pink and yellow and lavender dresses - with the cutest patent shoes - and white hats and gloves. Such a great occasion for frilly girls! Hope you have a good day and that the travel report and agenda go quickly!

FluffyK: I'm the EXACT same way about the house. If it's just a little messy, I take care of it, but if things are piled up and in desperate need of a good cleaning, I put it off until the last possible moment. Of course, I have no kids to speak of, so it must be 10 times rougher for you. Good luck!

Gonna: I wasn't able to post personals yesterday, but my deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope your grieving time is peaceful and healing.

Me: Not too much here. Watched Ghost Hunters with DH last night but somehow also had time to straighten the house, put away two loads of laundry, iron and balance the budget. Nice.

Tonight is leftovers for dinner as we're going to meet after work to buy a new chest freezer. (I don't know if you remember, but last Thanksgiving we got stuck in the snow 45 miles from home on account of the chest freezer my MIL gave us - the one she swore worked - it doesn't.) That may take a while as we've been having trouble agreeing on what size to get. DH wants one that will just fit our half a steer that will be butchered soon and I want one with extra room. We'll see what happens.

On to other news, just found out last night that MIL is bringing her boyfriend (he's 35 and she's 55) to visit us the last weekend in March. Should be interesting seeing that this guy is younger than her oldest son. Honestly, on the phone he sounds exactly like her ex-husband, who is DH's stepdad, which is A LOT creepy. We'll see what happens.

Well, off to work. Hope everyone to come has a great day!!

~Kim
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

It's almost Friday!!!!

I am a lil upset this morning as we found out late lastnight that my grandmothers funeral is Friday (tomorrow) at 2pm which means we would of had to of left here this am around 5:30-6 to get there (virginia) this evening around 7ish. I called about flights & round trip it would cost $500 per person and there is myself, dh, my mom & my brother that would have to go ($2000) So mom explained with the short notice it was not possible to be there so we sent flowers & donated $$ to her charity she was involved in. Just don't understand why didn't they wait til Saturday or Monday????? So we are thinking of going up there easter weekend.

Wow Cottage what a long day.

Cat enjoy your time with your family

Kara your excitement for Tom's arrival is so well seen. Hope all works out with your day

Have a safe trip Loriann

Be careful Ruth and be sure to get some rest

Glad your back Schmoodle

Krystal I hope you have a productive day

As for me I was up at 5:15 and did a 10 minute jog on the treadmil those early am jolts I get make my day better. Other than that just the usual
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Thanks for your kind words Kim I hope all works out with the new freezer. Sounds like the MIL situation is like a soap opera - good luck
Old 03-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #14  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Just checking in quickly (I'm at work) and I just HAVE to tell you today's NSV!!
I am wearing A BELT!! It was one of my goals. I have not worn a belt in years cause I always had my shirts out to cover up the tummy. It is not flat by any means, but flat enough to wear a belt with my olive khaki cute little skirt. oh boy!! I just happened to find an olive green belt >>> seems to be the only one i now own ( please excuse the punctuation >>apparently this computer no longer likes capitals nor elipses>>>time call the tech dept)
Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Cat thats great! Keep up the great work
Closed Thread