South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #31  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hey chatties! Our snow has taken a brief hiatus. It started up around 9:30 this morning for a couple minutes and then was coming down nicely for about an hour earlier but I just looked out and it's clear. I'm waiting for my sister to get here with my niece. Oh, she just pulled up! I'll catch up on personals later!

Kara
Old 02-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Kara, I was reading your post and I was like, wait, she should be in bed by now! It's hard getting used to the fact that you're stateside and on a different schedule!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #33  
Visualizing the Goal

You think you're having a hard time with it?!

Actually, we're pretty adjusted now. I'm having a blast this time around! The last time we were here I was so stressed because Tom was heading over and I didn't know whether we were going or not and I am such a wus about being away from him. This time I am fully enjoying being with family and am happily counting down the days until he gets here (30, in case anyone else is trying to keep track). I must say that I really missed having a full-size washer and a separate dryer, and there are SO many food choices here! WOW! I didn't realize how limited our selection was over in Korea! So far, those are my big things. Oh, and using my mother-in-law's stand mixer nearly took my breath away!

Kara
Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 236/236/176

Height: 5'7"

Default Cabanna Boys

Oh Cabanna boy! Wow would it be nice to be laying (lying?) on the beach right now.....

Gonna--Cabanna boys are by definition cute....just like pool boys!

OK, I am hungry today....I resisted the bagels and cream cheese even though the smell of them filled my car for the 10 minute drive--in the old days I would have eaten 1 in the car on the way to the account and then another one with the customers!

I just need to keep visualizing myself on the beach looking toned and tanned.....
Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #35  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

KT thats the way to look at it (toned & tan) - way to go on resisting those bagels
Old 02-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #36  

Gonna....thanks! I used to use the line, "Well, tan fat looks better than white fat"......and though it's true, I hope to have less fat to tan this summer!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #37  

Hi again chickies

Quick question: who is everyone cheering for on Biggest Loser? I want one of the women to win...but not sure which one is my ultimate fave!

And KT, I agree about tans making us look thinner (though, sadly, I haven't tanned for years bc I have to watch out for skin stuff). Why is that, anyway?

Last edited by bellaluna; 02-12-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hey all, turned into a beautiful sunny day so went to an outdoor mall and walked fast for half hour. I went to Whole foods and looked around, bought some cheese and whole wheat crackers, we are having friends over thursday, how romantic!!! Went into bookstore, read up on Cancun, ended up buying ANOTHER diet book. Guess I collect them. Extreme Fat Smashers-Dont worry, I'll never leave the beach its too sunny here! After vacation I may try it. If that Power Woman Kara can do it with her jet setting life, maybe I can drop 10 lbs. Kara-do you ever sleep?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Kara, so how long are you stuck in Jersey for? I've been stuck here for the last 32 years.

I'm busy making a pot of chili and watching the snow come down. Hopefully I can read this whole thread later.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Between work and DH I am at my wits end today! I have files stacked around me that I can't do anything with at the moment and that just doesn't make for a calm working enviroment.

DH has been fighting through text message today as if I don't have enough stress already. Why is it that men only think with one head and why does their entire life revolve around it? (sorry if tmi)

I really just want to go home an goto bed! First though I must go chip away at my car again as we have gotten more ice since I came in! The roads seems pretty clear though so I think I am good there.

Hope you chicks all have a great evening, thanks for letting me vent and god grant me patience! I am woman, hear me roar!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #41  

Regarding The Biggest Loser....I want Kelly to win and my favorite guy is Dan.....

A nice tan (no sunburn and not baking in the sun to the point where at 70 you look like a prune) always makes me feel healthier....not sure why...

Nice job on the walking, SA--when are you heading to Cancun? Have room for me in your suitcase?????
Old 02-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Stephanie I hear ya loud and clear girl Men AARGH!!!

For all who told me to indulge my grouchies...Thank you. It was exactly what I did and my world was quieter for it. Amazing how people just run when I have that look about me. Even unloaded some on DF. I may or may not be over the grouchies but I decided I'm entitled.

Hope everyone else had a great day. Stay warm and safe.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #43  

Pacergal....Men! They just aren't fully evolved yet....thank God for girlfriends!

OK, I'm hungry and what am I doing??? Watching Food Network while I finish up work emails.....I think I better change the channel!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post

DH has been fighting through text message today as if I don't have enough stress already. Why is it that men only think with one head and why does their entire life revolve around it? (sorry if tmi)

Bwahahaha! Sorry to laugh, but that is too true!! I hope things get better and I hope you don't mind my laughing about it! Here's a hug to show how sorry I am for laughing!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #45  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

pacer-I know what you mean. When DH and I aren't fighting about money and stupid petty things then all he does is touch me where I would rather not be touched at the moment. He can never just hold me around my waist or just rub my arm or something, it's always the other stuff.........I'm tired of it. And he's always asking for it and I tell him no because he asks for it and it defeats the whole purpose when asked for. Then he gets mad because I say no all the time. Trust me........you're not the only one. Good luck with you and DH. Mine hasn't been talking to me for 3 days now. And it's over something petty and dumb but he was in the wrong for it and I'm not about to apologize (sorry for sounding so childish but he was totally wrong about it). Ok 'nough 'bout me. This is your vent, not mine.
Closed Thread