South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Sunday!

I'll be back in a bit to chat, gotta run for now!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! I'll start the coffee and hot water, help yourself!

kara & Dawn WTG on the pounds gone even if you both cheated! LOL

Schmoodle It is good to see the kids get along. My oldest and youngest are finally starting to realize they like each other somewhat!

Tina Hope the cleaning and wedding planning went well!

LC Be careful out there on the slopes

Well I got the house cleaned yesterday, only 2 loads of laundry left to do. I have some wallpaper coming down in the bathroom that I need to try to repair. And then dinner at the carb loving in-laws .

DH is being an *&#*@ (insert your own), I started our taxes yesterday and right now we are having to pay although I am still missing DS college tuition information. I ended up spending the eveing in my room watching tv because I am so tired of his negative attitude about everything! Seems anymore unless he wants to gripe about something he doesn't talk to me! MEN! Yes TOM is due anyday and I am grumpy!

Ok enough venting I need some of that coffee! LOL
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #33  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

[QUOTE=Schmoodle;2021299]Cat, you have Mardi Gras traffic issues already? Isn't it a bit early?
QUOTE]

Nope, not to early. Mardi Gras "season" actually begins on 12th night. That's when the Krewe's begin their balls. Then parades usually start 2 weeks before Mardi Gras day. Several parades a day on the weekends and parades every night on weekends and weeknights. Then Lundi Gras is the day before Mardi Gras where the Kings of Zulu and Rex meet each other and the mayor toasts them. Then it all culminates on Mardi Gras Day. Much pomp and circumstance is involved for a long time before Mardi Gras day.

Earthchild, I'm with you...the ONLY coffee that comes into this house is CDM with chicory. I have to bring it with me if we go out of town. Nothing compares to it in my book. We call all other coffee "American Coffee" and it's just brown water to me. Not too long ago, Starbucks was thinking about opening a store right across the street from Cafe Du Monde. That caused quite an uproar...sacrilidge! outrage! I guess starbucks realized that they probably wouldn't make any money there and backed off.

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-27-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. Just a quick note to tell you what a horrible weekend we're having. It was great until we walked out our back door yesterday evening to see an old, decrepit mobile home up against our back fence and blocking our lovely view of the mountains. After some online researching, we discovered that the city council had approved a 5-year permit to the person in spite of the fact that we were never contacted to be able to protest and in spite of the fact that the area we're in is not zoned for mobile homes. So, I will be spending today finishing up homework and drawing up a petition for our neighbors to sign. DH and I will also be at the city offices early Monday morning. It may be a long fight, but we're resolved to exhaust all our resources in order to have that monstrosity removed. I just can't believe the city council's gall.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, someone please pass me a cawfee!!
I am wearing a cute top and skirt I treated myself to yesterday at Kohls. That motivated me to go through my clothes last night and throw out all my 1Xs and 20/22s. I had to buy new pants, but I haven't bought many new tops, and I caught a glimpse in a mirror the other day and realized they were just hanging on me. I decided I deserved to wear things that fit me. So now I've got two big boxes of clothes for Goodwill and lots of room in my closet.

I've just got a little vacuuming and mopping to do and then the work is done. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. Maybe a visit to my grandmother.

Kim, that is tragic. I hope you guys have success with your efforts and are able to enjoy your view again.
Cat, I had no idea. What a pain for you.
Kara, congrats on the 5 lbs., and I forgive you.
littlechick, you will probably drop those cookies and that pound on the slopes today.
Stephanie, sorry about your grumps. Hope today is better!
Have a great day missin. and cottage.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone-

Kara Congrtulations on the 5 pounds (I promise I didn't tell Schmoodle. I don't know how she found out? )

Schmoodle Here's some Congratulations on the new clothes.

Kim Is there someone living in this monstrosity? Maybe while you're taking the long legal route you could become an annoying loud neighbor and they'll just go away? Good luck.

Pacer First it was everyone's scales and now it's everyone's men. I'm sorry

Femme My mom was telling me about the one time she went to Mardi Gras and apparently her best memory has something to do with a cake that is made specifically for the occassion?

Quick to everyone else. I have to get moving I am supposed to be meeting DF for lunch today to chat. It will be the first time I've actually seen him in 2008. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and make sure I don't settle. Have a great day.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Sunday morning chicas
Hope you are all having a good weekend!
Well...my house got clean...but no wedding planning session...my Bro and his partner already had plans...soooo, they are coming over here tonight instead.
I did cook a delicious dinner last night, I made Jamacian Jerk chicken and actually got out in the FREEZING back yard and grilled it! when I lit the charcoal and it was burning off the lighter fluid..it was soooo nice and warm..I was also afraid that the chicken wouldn't cook properly since it was so cold...but it turned out perfect! My DD and her fiance came over anyway and we hung out...it was nice...just to hang out with the two of them, my twinners were both gone(DTD.dear twin daughter, to work, and DTS to see Family Force 5 in concert. and our DBS(the exchange student from Brazil) went to hang out with some friends. my DD2 had also gone to the concert. It was a nice calm quiet evening!LOL My twins are almost 17 yrs old...and DTD can be quite loud! Usually we have a house full! Never a dull moment in the Craig household!
KIM that really stinks! I can't believe that! Good luck getting them moved!
Well...I'm outa here, ttyl
Tina
Old 01-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #38  

Sounds as if you all are having a pleasant Sunday.

I was out early for a little breakfast and bit of shopping, and a quick cruise through Trader Joe's to see what's new. Then a stop at Mom & Dad's for a nice visit, and now we're home for the rest of the day. Dustin called to tell us they'll be over later this afternoon, and would I please make Chicken Potpie (Amish style) for supper, so that's what's on the menu. I'm just going to make myself a nice chicken veggie stir-fry.

Kara, super congrats on the 5 lb loss! I know you've been working really hard lately! For me, as usual, the scale is refusing to budge. I was looking at new scales yesterday and told Jake I think ours is broken. He laughed so hard that people were looking at him strangely.

Schmoodle, new clothes!!!!! Good for you, enjoy your new wardrobe!

Cat, I'm enjoying all the talk about Mardi Gras. We keep saying we're going to go to Mardi Gras one of these years, it sounds like so much fun!

Stephanie, sounds like your DH and mine would make good companions for each other!

Kim, that's such a shame about the trailer! I hope through your efforts you can have it removed, and soon!

Hi to Tina, Nicole, Dawn, and to everyone else, too!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #39  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi,
I just have a quick question. Can you use regular mayo when making tuna salad? Thanks.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #40  

Hey girls....

Just checking in to see how you all are doing. We are home for the day from church and I am very much looking forward to just being home!! School has been so busy these last few weeks, it has just kicked my butt.

Scale has gone down, although I think it is stress rather than good eating. I was perfect yesterday and am on track with a great day today.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Hi,
I just have a quick question. Can you use regular mayo when making tuna salad? Thanks.
Yep, regular mayonnaise is fine. In fact, it's preferred over the light or lowfat since it usually contains less sugar and other additives.
Enjoy your tuna salad.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #42  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Hello, Hello! Former PH 1 eater here who is moving on up in the world to Ph 2!

I lost 7.5 to 8 pounds on Ph 1 but am excited to have some grains!

I decided to reintroduce one grain a day. Is that how it works? So I could either have 1 cup whole grain, high fiber, low sugar cereal OR some whole grain reduced fat triscuits, etc. But not more than one serving a day? That is my plan for this week and then next week I plan on adding 1 fruit in a day.

We'll see how it goes! =)
Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #44  

xoerba, congratulations on your completion of Phase 1 and a wonderful loss! Here is a link to the sticky posted in the FAQ section about how to ease your way into Phase 2. I think you'll find it very helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59321
Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Thanks!

Today:

B - 1 cup fiber 1 honey cereal w/ ff milk
L - boneless/skinless chicken breast w/ NSA italian tomato sauce, mozzerella, and parmasan
S - 2 stalks celery and 2 T natural pb
D - 2 deviled eggs
DST - NSA fudgecicle

OKAY, first of all, need to add more veggies. But also, WHATS UP with my appetite? I totally have none! Look how little I'm eating! I was actually only able to eat a 2 deviled eggs and I was totally full. I am on a medication that has a side effect of supressing appetite, so maybe that's it. But still, you'd think I'd be starving!
Closed Thread