South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #1  

Default food obsession

So day three here and a question to go along. Am I the only one OBSESSED with food? It's all I think about all day, I mean beyond the meal planning. I wasn't this way before, I wasn't even a huge eater or snacker. Now all I think about is when and what I'm eating next. Am I weird?

Also, how do you get rid of the headaches?
coopspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #2  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello. I used to be that way too. I had to force myself to stop by keeping myself busy with cleaning or doing a hobby. After awhile I got used to not eating so much also, with your headaches, maybe it has to do with what you are eating. Try veggies and fruits. I heard of a way to stop eating so much is eat things you don't like. I've never tried it so I don't know if it'll work. Good luck. If it helps, I watch food network all day.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb This too shall pass....

I think all of us have gone through this once we decide to get serious about losing the weight and changing our lives.

I have always commented that I never really noticed the food commercials until I decided I wasn't going to have something they were showing.

We are very food oriented society too. Some people would say we are obsessed about that too.

Right now, you are going from one extreme to what "feels like" another extreme.

Once you get this down to a pattern and it becomes habit (and it will) then you start looking at food and meals as something you do in between the rest of your life---not the only thing you do in your life.

I agree with the other suggestions here. GET BUSY! Do any NON-FOOD activities that will keep both hands busy.

Eventually, you will "make peace" with food. Please try to be patient with yourself.

As for the headache, take aspirin or Tylenol. That's what they are there for!

Good luck and don't give up!

Last edited by pamatga; 01-09-2008 at 12:41 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Your headache is from detoxing.... almost everyone gets them usually starting day 3, your body is getting rid of the sugar...I am on day 7 and I am still getting them. Make sure that you are eating enough veggies. 4.5 cups a day. Try eating beans and lentials. The headaches will pass but it may take a few days try to work through them if you can. Keep up the good work. It will be worth it in the end.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

As for the food obsessing, I definitely did this - still do, but less now, fortunately. I went from eating food all the time before SBD, to spending all that time planning what I was going to eat - making menus, grocery lists, reading cookbooks, and looking for new recipes online. I still do those things, but spend less time on them now. Once I've got my food planned for the day, I don't think much about it until it's time to go eat it. I was worried for a while there I had just traded one obsession for another, but it's finally starting to just feel like a normal part of my life.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

I have the same feeling. As soon as I started eating healthy I had a craving for everything. All I could think about was food. But I just had to mentally work thru it. Also, the headaches were TERRIBLE for me. I wanted to just start eating all over again and start drinking my diet pepsi, but I knew I had to fight this. I even felt nauseated and just felt horrible. The only thing that helped me was actually taking some Tylenol. The headaches lasted 3 days and now they are gone. So, just take some pain medication and you will be ok. In a few days they will be gone. Good luck and don't give up!!
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I had the strangest craving last sat for Betty Crocker choc icing, it was one of the strongest craving I have ever had. But I just sucked on a couple of sugar free mints but it seemed to take for ever for it to go away.....
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote