South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hiya girls. Just a quick fly-by for me. Smart person that I am, I stayed up until 4 am to finish reading a book. DH woke me at 10:30 because we had errands to run, but now that it's all over I'm going to catch a nap and then work out. I'll come back for personals later! Happy Saturday!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #17  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

It sure is busy around here today - I like that! Just wanted to check in and see what everyone was up to. Got my errands done, both scheduled workouts out of the way and my pedi appt is at 4.

Kiko I'm glad thursday went well. I love the at home date idea time together is a much needed thing.

You gals have a great afternoon and I'll check back later
Old 01-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #18  
doing it for real

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5ft7in

Hey everyone!

I am on Day 2 today, and so far, so good. I can't wait to go shopping next week so I can get a little variety.

Not doing too much today- we did go to a fund-raiser event and of course all the food was off limits, so I made sure to eat before I left and I treated myself to a diet soda.

Feeling pretty good!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Piper that was great will power you had. Keep up the great work.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I got my kitchen cleaned and shopping and some other errands done, but didn't get it together with my SIL in time to see the movie today. We will try again tomorrow. Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Well I ended up homebound today. The only freeway between me and DF was closed due to flooding. He's still talking about coming up here but I don't think it's stopped raining long enough to dry out. So, I spent the day cleaning out and reorganizing every closet, drawer and cupboard in the house. I only have the nightstands, master bathroom and garage left. The garage though will have to wait for a warmer day. Sounds like evryone else has had a very BUSY day. Laundry just stopped and since I don't have a nifty combo model like they do in Korea I guess I have to go deal with it.
Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #22  
Visualizing the Goal

Sorry your plans got sidelined, Dawn. There have been quite a few flooding problems this season, huh? We took one trip down south when we were living in California (Tom was stationed at Beale AFB) and we loved it! We took Connor to Legoland and Sea World for his fifth birthday - had a blast at both places - and hit the coast at a couple different places as we were driving up and down.

Maybe you can schedule your movie in for tomorrow, Schmoodle? What's this one about? Tom and I cheated and watched National Treasure 2 off the computer the other day and weren't impressed. The first was much better, in our opinions.

Piper, you're awesome!

That must've been a good book, Kim, to keep you up so late!

Hope the rain doesn't hit you too hard, Phoenix!

I'm up and about for the morning. I'm planning a run today and then we're going to have a family game day this afternoon. I'll have to make up some fun snacks. Poor Kadyn is still in bed. She got up to get a tissue earlier and then I found her asleep on the living room floor, so I put her back in her bed. I hope she gets better soon. She's been under the weather for a week now. Nothing big, just runny nose and cough, but it's still not fun.

Kara
Old 01-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #23  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls:
DH is fighting an oven fire somewhere in the next town over (He's a volunteer) so I have a little down time. we went out looking for lamps and came back with a desk lamp, a floor lamp and an Area RUG! I love Marshalls! we're trying to get our office to look like an actual room and not like a hurricane!
I'm exhausted tho it's my first time doing a lot of walking since my flare and I came home and conked much to the cat's delight! I awakened to him laying across me giving me the "I'm so comfy don't even think of moving" Look!
Tonight we're going take it easy leftovers and a movie at home. I made a rockin london broil the other night and a spinach and white bean salad. . .I took care of the salad but I'll see what I can throw together for a side dish.
Off to finish waking up!
Kierie
Old 01-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Kara a big for Kadyn Poor little one asleep on the floor!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, poor little Kadyn, I hope she starts feeling better real soon! The picture of Avery is just too precious!

It sounds like we're having a thunderstorm, and the power keeps fluctuating. It's a good thing my laptop is wireless!

I had a pretty good day, although I spent most of it curled up with my book while Jake dealt with the sea of leaves in the back yard. It felt so decadent! I did go visit Mom & Dad for a while, they wanted me to stay for lunch but I declined. I had my yummy Taco Bake waiting for me at home! Besides, they were having sandwiches made on white bread and eating a soup full of white pasta. I've tried to get them to switch to ww grains, but Mom said they just don't like them. And they were even on South Beach for a while and doing great! I get really upset with them, but they're so set in their ways.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #26  

Kara for sweet Kadyn, I hate it when my kids don't feel well.

Cottage Sounds like a well deserved break for you today.

I am getting ready to curl up with a book myself. I jst broke out into some weird rash all over my torso, inner arms, neck and inner thighs. What the heck???? I just took a big chug on the girls' Benadryl. I don't know what could have brought it on....

Night chickies!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #27  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey Chicks just a quick pop in before I head to bed, really should have been there an hour ago as we are getting up at 6 am, so we can get to the ski hill by 7:30 which is an hour away. Know that I think about it I will probably have to be up by 5:30. I had a great day shopping. I did give in and buy a sweater but it was only 15.00. I seen a great pair of red boots that were only 35.00 ( on sale for 1/2 price) but I stayed strong. I am not buying anything else till I lose weight. I have so many clothes now I don't wear half of them. And I have more foot wear than I can shake a stick at.
We did go out for lunch and I had only a salad and a chilli. Yeah me. But then the strangest thing happend while we were shopping this was after lunch. Anyway I got a headache, which I figure is due to detox then out of the blue I said to my friend. I have the strangest craving for Betty Crocker chocolate icing. Go figure. Took me a half hour to get over it. Strange. Well I must get off to bed so I can get up to hit the slopes. Have a great healthy lunch and snacks packed and lots of water, V8 juice. I am ready I don't want to cave in. Tomorrow will be day 5. Enjoy the rest of your week end. I don't imagine I will make it in tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Have a fun ski trip, LC! Good for you, packing those snacks!

Kiko, Avery had a weird rash all over her belly the other day. It went away over night but this morning Connor has one on his chin. I hope you didn't catch it from us!!!

Kier, I hope your husband came home nice and safe!

Linda, it's hard to make the switch to whole grains if you don't like them. Tom can't stand whole wheat spaghetti so I still get the regular kind for him. We have it so infrequently and I figure one or two servings over a two or three week period won't hurt him. When we got married, he was a Wonderbread fanatic, so I've done some good since he eats whole wheat bread and tortillas now!

I'm back from my run. Made it in one piece!

Kara
Old 01-06-2008, 03:27 AM   #29  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, this is a good night! We just finished dinner - Taco Bake vegetarian-style - and it was so good that I wanted more. Then I thought to myself, "Self (not really, but that's funny ), you'll still taste it even if you don't eat any more, plus you'll save the calories." And it made sense! And I was fine with it! And then I had a sugar-free Jell-O for dessert!!! I love feeling in control. (That's me stomping out cravings.)

Connor took my picture when I got back from my run today. He wanted to take a picture of something and I wanted to see what I looked like in my exercise clothes. I thought I was much plumper. In the mirror I look a lot flubbier. So, I guess we have a good camera!

Good night all around. I've got strawberries for an evening snack later on (sorry all you Phase 1ers). Mmmmm!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-06-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Sunday!

Just a quickie for now! LC, you did good yesterday! We're starting to gear up for ski season, too. I guess we'll be out on the slopes a lot. Have fun!

You look great, KARA!

Day 5 for me!
Closed Thread