3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #16

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Cat, I'm so excited for your Mom. At Thanksgiving, my grandmother had a visit with her sister. My grandma is 92 and lives near us in Md and her sister is 88, and lives in Fla. It had been years since they'd had a visit, and it was so cute. They were so happy and excited. Unfortunately, they only got one day together. What a great thing to look forward to after Christmas. The chicken soup should fix her right up!

Yes, it is in the teens here. I don't mind some cold in the winter, except we are going through that $500 tank of oil too fast. But it's supposed to warm up some next week. I'd like to have at least two good snowstorms for the kids to play in. Then I'll be ready for spring.

Day 3 Ph1 has hit and I feel like crap. Headache, nauseous, tired, and generally cranky. Ask DH, I just yelled at him for knocking things over when he carried out the tree.
Ick, add dizzy to the list. I feel like I'm about to fall out of my chair. I think I'll go make some hot milk.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-03-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #17

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning! Yet another cold one here, although it is supposed to break tomorrow and we are supposed to see the 40's with rain.

Schmoodle You guys are making me hungry for taco bake! Good job avoiding the chocolate!

Kara Glad you are feeling better, it stinks when mom's get sick cause our work doesn't stop just because we are under the weather.

Ruth Hope all goes well with your pre-op, can you pick a few things for me while you are grocery shopping? My cupboards are in sad shape!

Cyndi Ah cats! They do have a mind of their own! Ours will go for weeks where she wants nothing to do with us and then drive us nuts for a couple of days wanting love.

Cottage Enjoy your morning to yourself!

LC I would say poor kids for not going to be able to play in the snow but it is more like poor you cooped up with them all day!

Dawn Hope your headache lets up!

Dixie Will power dust for day 3!

Gonna Same Will power dust for you!

Phx

Cat I am excited for your mother and her sister, sounds like a great time!

Me It has taken me forever to type this, work keeps getting in my way, how rude! I think I am going to have to take a go at P1 starting this weekend, thought maybe I could just go back to a strict P2 but I feel like eating my desk so that isn't going to work! First I have to goto the store unless Ruth is going to deliver!

Have a great day chickies!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #18

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Thank Goodness it's Thursday!!

I'm so glad that it's such a short week. I need to get some stuff done this weekend!

Schmoodle: Sorry that you're feeling so rough. I hope DD was able to get a decent night's sleep after her bad dream. I think you should just lay down on the couch and watch some tv!

Kara: I'm sorry you're not feeling well either! I hope that you're able to get some rest with all of the kiddos running around. Are they all feeling better?

Ruth: Your dinner sounds delicious. DH loves shepherd's pie, but I don't make it that often because if he's going to eat it, he doesn't want me to make it healthy! Men! I hope the pre-op stuff is going well! 22 days and counting, huh?

Cyndi: I'm feeling the same way about my day. I don't think there are enough things online to fill my hours today! I wish I could take the day off and get some things done around the house, but I'm short on staff this week. Stay warm - I've never been in below zero weather before!

Cottage: Today would be a great day for a trip to the library. It's chilly (in the 30's) and misty here today and I'd love to curl up with a good book. I hope that you have a nice, peaceful morning!

LC: Yikes! All those kiddos must be running wild! Hope you have a great day and that maybe it will warm up a bit so that you can send them all outside!!

Dawn: I'm the exact same way! Who wants to be sick on the weekend?! Hope your headache moves out quickly!

Dixie: Good grief! You must be freezing! I hope that it warms up for you soon! (Although, I love shopping for new coats, so this may be a good excuse for a shopping trip! )

GonnaBe: Good luck on your program and congrats on doing so well with P1 so far! I really enjoy being able to talk to my DH about working out, eating right, etc. and the fact that he understands me and we're on the same page! I bet you and your DH will have the same thing happen!

Phx: I like the heat of summer, but to me there's nothing better than cuddling up on the couch while it's snowing outside. Now, if it would just snow again, we could do that!! Hope you're having a great day!!

Cat: How wonderful for your mom and her sister! Sounds like a fun two weeks for everyone! I'm sure your soup will get her feeling great in no time! Give her a hug for me!!

Stephanie: Your desk?! I've been in the same boat before! I hope you have a great day - hope work stays out of your way!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #19

Me: I'm beyond glad that it's Thursday! Work was SO boring yesterday and today and tomorrow are going to be more of the same. I'm expecting a new pair of boots and a new knife set this week, so maybe those will add some excitement to my day.

Tonight is more laundry and some straightening up. We're having crockpot chilli for dinner with zucchini and cauliflower. I worked out this morning, so I can scratch that off of my list. I think that I'll have a good bit of R&R this evening after dinner.

Yesterday I got in the new quilt/pillow shams and sheet sets that I ordered. We painted our bedroom "cowboy tan" and a blue color for the focal wall our bed sits against. I got the blue flowered sheets so that the bed was masculine and feminine to appease both DH and I. My next big task is to find a bed skirt and some curtains and then we'll move on to new furniture. I just have to keep the dogs off the bed now that we don't have hand-me-down bed linens!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Quick question--what is the recommended minimum veggy servings per day?
I'll get out my book, but I thought one of you chickies might be quicker!
Karla

Old 01-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #21

S/C/G: 261/252/145

It's 4.5 cups.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #22

Grrrrr! I can't seem to get in here early in the morn --seems I get up and head right to work--just so busy between that and still unpacking but I'm movin as fast as I can!
Kim: your quilt and colors are darling!!! Its so much fun making a house into a home!

Schmmodle: What a lovely story!I bet they were like 2 school girls together!

Femme: I wish I could cook like you.. I make the basics.. "Is it edible" is my test.. Whats a sugar kettle pond?

Pacer: Too funny bout eatin the desk... sigh I have days like that!

Phx: I keep telling my DH to remind me how much I like the 10 months of the year here when it gets so bloody hot and humid in the summer

gONNA: Good Luck doll! JAX was like a second home to me for a few years.. Prudential/Aetna has a fairly big Service Center there and I was always flyin down for some reason.

Dixie: I feel yer pain! Whats with this cold weather! We're suppose to be "southinahs" I guess its only in places like SanDiego and Miami where it stays one season all year: Hot

Ruth: We'll be thinkin bout you! I want to come for supper- sounds yummmalish!!!!

Kara: What a great avatar! Stunnink!

Cyndi: my furbaby was like that last night. She couldnt get close enough to me and all she wanted was to be constantly petted!

LC: thats the way to start the new year..PITCH it!!!! I just sent I think 7 bags of stuff to the goodwill store here... honestly hangin on to things from the 80's!

Cottage: hows that ankle behavin today?

Once again, gotta run...........................later gaters!

Last edited by Schatzi; 01-03-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

popping back in for a second, it warmed up enough for us to go outside and play..... I shoveled. A little exercise. Now just waiting for pick up time. Not sure what I am having for supper dh is having seafood chowder. I think once the kiddos go I am heading for the tub I have cramps and pains in my lower back. TOM must be just around the bend, could be why I have been a bit short tempered.... lol. Well enjoy your eveing chicks.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for."
Old 01-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #24
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon chickies.

Schatzi I think the saying goes "better late than never". I know exactly where you are talking about in Jax I live 10-15 mins from downtown

LC try and rest that back

Kim I jost love the comforter you picked. Be sure to show pics of the finish product
“Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God" (Mark 10:27)

Started my lifestyle change May 6, 2007

http://www.myspace.com/jonesn4us
Old 01-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #25

GonnaBe: I will be sure to do that, but I have to clean my room first!! I may wait until we buy our new mattress set and bed, though.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #26
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, you're so sweet to make soup for your mom! I'm sure the whole wheat noodles will work fine. Maybe boil them separately and then add them later in the simmering process so they don't get "gummy". You should try the Neutrogena lotion that comes in the little container (kind of looks like a pyramid - sits on a circular top and the other end is crimped). That's what helps my dry skin. Sometimes my hands get so bad that I lather on the lotion and sleep with cotton gloves on! Luckily, we have radiant floor heating here, which has helped with the dry skin issues this winter.

Phoenix, does your brother-in-law call your city a litter box because it's full of sand? We were to Tuscon a couple years ago for a vacation and loved it!

Gonna, good luck with your workouts! Glad Phase 1 is going well!

Dixie, layer up today! Hope you survive the chills!

Dawn, I'm sending positive Headache Going Away Vibes to you today!

LC, hope you got your dressers organized!

I'm feeling a ton better this morning. I've got a sore throat and I woke up a ton last night, but somehow I must have gotten enough to help me. Here's hoping it keeps going up and up! I think half the reason I'm feeling so great is that I had a whoosh this morning - I think it was my first one! Four pounds! Now to keep it up.

Kara

Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #27
Visualizing the Goal

Stephanie, don't eat your desk! You'll get splinters!!!

Kim, your new sheets are really pretty.

Karla, good to "meet" you!

Schatzi, thanks for the avatar compliments! You guys are making me blush!

Kara

Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Just popping in to say good night. Had a long almost 2 hour soak in the tub and finished my book. And then took an advil, hopfully the cramps will go away. Now if I would just get this TOM started it. Well I am off to bed good night chicks.
ps. Kara- dressers and closet is all organised.... yeah me.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for."
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #29

S/C/G: 280/195/150

Height: 5'11"

I tried to get back on all day to sy "Hi" but for some reason they actually expected me to work today
Kara I too love the new picture. Congratulations on the woosh. My mom was just telling me that they were talking about being sick at her WW meeting and there is a theory that your body won't let go of anything if it is sick, trying to heal, or stave off infection. It waits until you are good and healthy and then lets go. Makes since in my head Thanks for the positive vibes because the headache seems to have left for now.
Kim I love the pictures. Also forgot to mention, but you and your DH are adorable in the pictures from New Year's. I'm with you on the cleaning the room thing. The only reason I make my bed everyday is I found out you actually burn a couple calories doing it.
LC Hope you are feeling better and more relaxed tonight.
Schatzi Slow Down. I'm tired just reading you post. Go sit in a bubble bath and leave the boxes for now. I'm sure they'll still be there tomorrow and if I'm wrong you won't need to worry about putting them away anymore
Karla
Schmoodle Hope the SB flu is quick to leave. Feel Better
Femme Hope your mom is feeling better. I'm sure with chicken noodle soup she'll be back to 100% in no time, but just in case I'm sending feel better vibes her way.
Dixie & Gonna I'd send warm weather from my coast but we don't have any. It's supposed to be in the 30's and we're supposed to get 10" of rain tomorrow. If it keeps up like this I'm going to build an ark just in case.
Phx I live in the CA desert so I was cracking up about your BIL comment.
Pacer Hope you didn't eat your desk. I was feeling REALLY hungry today too. It seemed the more I ate the more I got hungry. It was very weird. I'm blaming it on the headache.

Hope everyone had a great day. See y'all tomorrow.

Goal 1
Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #30

Dawn: Hahaha! What a great motivator for me to make the bed every day! Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm pretty partial to us as a couple! I hope we don't have to work as hard tomorrow as they made us work today!