South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy 2008, Chickas!!

RNMOM: Happy New Year to you as well and we'll push eachother through this healthy 2008 together!!

Kara: Sorry about the three sickies at your house! I hope you and Connor stay healthy as well. Have a great workout!!

Cat: I would have liked to have gone to bed at 10pm last night, I feel terrible this morning! Hope you have a great feast and that you get all of your work accomplished.

Ruth: That's a big guy!! Have a fun day of cooking and I hope that you get caught up on your rest tonight.

Cottage: No special New Year's dinner here. Tonight we're having the Tex-Mex Chicken from the P1 entrees with brown rice for DH and sauteed peppers and salad. Maybe once I don't need to do P1 on New Year's Day we'll start a tradition!!

Cyndi: Have fun snow shoeing! I don't know if I could stand it. I hope the storm isn't too bad and that you're safe and warm by the time it hits.

LC: Happy Birthday to DD! Hope you have a nice, quiet day of recuperating. Get some rest!!

Schatzi: Happy New Year! Hope you're feeling better!!

Pearl: I hope you have a good day at work. I guess New Year's Day isn't a bad holiday to cover if you have to cover one, right? I hope it's nice and WTG packing your healthy food. I'll be doing that for the rest of the week tonight!

Schmoodle: How do you make your deviled eggs? That would be a nice snack for me, but I don't remember how to make them. I'm glad you all had fun last night! I hope you have a great day.

Me: Well, we ended up staying out until about 12:30 this morning. It ended up being just DH, his boss, his boss' wife and I at midnight. It was a little awkward as boss' wife pulled boss into the bedroom to yell at him about 4 minutes before the midnight. I know why she did it and agree that something needed to be said, but I think that it could have waited until we left. Anywho, we came home after a while and I ended up watching infomercials until 3:30 and then the dogs barked at people returning home from their festivities until 4:30. Needless to say, I ended up sleeping until 11. I did get a good P1 breakfast in, albeit late, and plan on eating all my snacks and meals for the day, just a little later than usual.

I've got some great pics to get on the computer, so I'll do that now and then start the laundry and other chores for the day.

Have a great Jan. 1!!

~Kim
Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, Schmoodle, isn't that sad to see Dick Clark aging? I thought the same thing when I saw him. God bless him though, he's still hanging in there!

It sounds like everyone is enjoying their day, and I hope everyone who's under the weather starts feeling better soon. We ended up having a nice leisurely breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then walking around at the mall. It was almost empty, and I found some great deals! Now we're watching the Mummer's Parade and being couch potatoes for the rest of the day.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Happy 2008 Everyone. I hope this year brings each of you health and happiness. I actually made it to midnight in my own time zone last night (unheard of for me).
Old 01-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #19  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning, er afternoon all!!! Happy 2008. Still have weight-loss on my mind. I may not be able to eat veggies yet but DW and I took a 35 min. walk today (and I've been doing it 3x a week with a coworker for the past 2 weeks) and did 100 crunches, something I am vowing to do every day.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

phx: Hope you start feeling better about P1. It is hard, but we'll all be in it together! Happy New Year! Remember, it's only 2 weeks out of 52!!

Cottage: I wish I could join you and Jake and be a couch potato today, but I've just got way too much catching up to do!

Dawn: Hope you got enough sleep last night! Happy New Year's!!

Me: Just had to post some of the more fun pics from last night. Of course, we brought out the camera after the rest of the party attendees left (all had kids and were gone by 10:30).

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-10-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #21  

Happy New Year Chicks!!

We had a fun night last night. We wound up staying at our friends' place until after midnight. I am beat today! I am not a nightowl AT ALL!

I, too, am ready to get focused and to get this weight off! I plan to lose 25 pounds by my birthday in September. I think that is totally doable if I get my act together and also start exercising!!

We are chilling for the afternoon and then heading to my cousin's house for dinner. I am taking a spinach salad that is Phase 1 legal and will have some of the pork tenderloin that my dad is making.

Have a super first day of 2008 my friends!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #22  

Kim I love the pictures. I always love being able to put a face to a fellow chick.

Cottage I am reaching coauch potato status myself today. Bravo is doing a marathon from the Biggest Loser 2 season.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #23  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year!!!!

Didn't get out of bed til 12:15 as we didn't make it home from the party til 3:30am. We had a great time. Gonna spend today taken it easy as tomorrow is back to work

Hope everyone has a great start to the new year.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #24  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone: I didn't make it to midnight. Been nursing a cold since before Christmas. I got my days mixed up and was a day early for the new year. I had gone on our food plan and got rid of all the sweets, but when I found out it was not New Years yet until tomorrow (now) I went out and finished the Old Year with a "Snicker Ice Cream Bar" So enjoyable...But now it is the last one for quite a while and today I am with you in SB...Best to you all.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #25  

Happy New Year Girls,
I am sorry I haven't written, got on the scale and gained 9 pounds since Thanksgiving. Was it really worth it? I will update my scale and things tomorrow. Have a great evening.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi Jenn and bkstitch, good to see you guys back!
Kim, how I make the deviled eggs depends on my mood. Always mayo and yellow mustard though, and salt and pepper. I found if I add a little water I can add less mayo too. Then you can put in capers, or pimentos, etc., but the kids like 'em just plain. So I only add stuff if I want to make sure everyone stays away from them but me! You guys are so cute! Love the pictures.

I got all my cooking done, and then started couch potatoing too, over the Monk marathon. But I decided I didn't want to waste the afternoon, so I made a cup of coffee and ran some errands. For dinner I pulled out tons of leftovers and everyone was happy to pick whatever they wanted. For the first time since I was a kid, I didn't eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day. My grandmother would be scandalized if she knew. I hope I'm not inviting financial disaster! Anyway, one day of Ph1 down, and I feel better already. Early bed tonight, I am beat.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #27  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I was up till 4 am today just from insomnia so I slept till 11 I had a good Ph 1 breakkie but had to go to the ER with my foot something in it! So i' gave in and had a cookie ( I was getting lightheaded and you'd think a hospital would have good snacks! PH 1 friendly dinner heating up in the oven

Schmoo how long are the deviled eggs good for?
I gotta run kitchen timer just wnet off!
kier
Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kierie, I've never had them go bad, they never last long enough. I usually make up a dozen and they'll last us anywhere from a day to five days in the fridge. I guess I wouldn't want to keep them much longer than that.
Kim, I guess I didn't really explain how I make them. I assumed you would know what to do, but if not, just mush everything up with a fork until it's creamy - for a dozen eggs, I think I do about a Tbsp of mayo, half a T of mustard, and half a T of water. Then add more mayo if you think you need it. I put it into a ziploc bag, cut off the corner, and pipe it into the eggs.
I've gotten addicted to them. It's one of my favorite breakfasts.

cottage, we were wondering if they would ever let Dick retire. It's gotten kind of painful to watch. I think he looked a little better this year than last though. I remember last year we thought they must have propped him up. I think that was pretty soon after his stroke.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-01-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Closed Thread