South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

KO: Thank goodness we didn't bring any cookies home from my parents'! I'd be a whale by now! Hope your detox begins soon!! Hope you had fun getting gorgeous. I'm definitely envious of your getting your nails done.

Dixie: I feel you on the cabinet purge. I think most of us are planning the same thing this weekend. Did your DH catch up on his sleep?

Kiko: ((Hugs)) to you and DH, and the kiddos. I'm glad your house is spic and span! Any chance your mom is free tomorrow? Let us know how the bible study goes. I'm always looking for new ones!

Schmoodle: Glad your day went well, and sorry that DH's was so busy. So, did you settle on reading or a movie? Hope you're having a great night and that the boys are behaving!

Me: Well, I did get the stuff put away and unpacked from our travels, but when I went to start the laundry DH informed me that there was only enough detergent for one load. Luckily we both have clothes for church tomorrow, so I'll just pick some up on the way home. I did dust and vacuum the master and my bedroom, but only straightened the rest of the rooms. I'll heavy-duty clean them on Monday. I only got through dinners for the two weeks of P1, but the other meals and snacks won't be a problem to figure out at all.

I used the new "bargain" vacuum cleaner and it works amazingly well! I'm hoping that it will last, but either way; I was surprised! I know it vacuumed up things that neither my old vac or my friend's vac (which cost them $300) picked up! It was awesome!

So, not a lot besides church and laundry tomorrow. I'll be able to take it easy and get some reading and crocheting in between loads. I'm going to go cruise the net a little longer then get ready for bed. Good night!!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #17  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, it is sunday again and 5:15 am to be excat. I am up as my back is killing me. Not sure why, I certainly did do anything physical. I can already see a sunday afternoon nap in my future. The girls come home from Grandmas today. The house has been so quiet without them. DH and I need to go to Wally World and pick up Turbo Jam and a exercise ball for dd for her birthday. ( her wish list ) Plus already got her a great new red housecoat. And I told her I would save her money for our mother/daughter trip in the spring ( which is her dance comptition) She is a Jan 1 baby and so hard to buy things for cause she get most of it for christmas. Well I think I will go read some of the other threads and start to make my menus for the next two weeks so I can pick up anything I might need while I am out today. Hope you all have a wonderful day. The last sunday of 2007.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning,Little Chick. I keep forgetting you are an hour ahead of me. I hope your back improves as the day goes on.

Hershey and I are off to Church this morning for the Festival of Carols and Lessons. I'm singing (Coventry Carol) and have a scratchy throat at the moment. I'm hoping coffee and some lozenges will solve that problem. After Church, I'll visit Harry and then work in an afternoon nap before going out to dinner tonight. Tomorrow another round of visitors begins so I plan to make it an early night!

How does your Sunday look? Come and chat a bit.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning LC, Ruth, and everyone to follow.

I took a sleeping pill last night, and ended up sleeping in this morning! I feel good and rested, though, and ready for the day.
We're headed out to breakfast as soon as Jake is ready, and a stop at Home Depot after. Our DD gave us one of those weather station things, and Jake wants to make a little stand with a roof for the sensor part of it that stays
outside. We were playing with it yesterday, and it's really accurate! It will be nice to glance at it and see exactly what the temperature is here, rather than what it is in Center City. There's always a difference of several degrees. Enough on that -
We got all the Christmas stuff put away yesterday and the house is all spiffy clean again, so today will be just a day for relaxing. I'm still working on my menu plan for the next 2 weeks, but I'm pretty sure I have everything I need, except for picking up fresh veggies as needed.
We're off for now, I'll check in later.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #20  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning, Ladies...it is storming here and of course I need to go to the grocery store to get all the stuff for New Year's dinner feast. Hopefully I'll catch a break and be able to go out later...

Yesterday morning I was watching Paula Dean on TV while I was working and she did a honey vinigarette dressing. It really looked good and I thought that I would try something similar but replace the honey with agave necter. It was really good. I had some fresh spinich and leftover chicken and a can of hearts of palm and made a big old salad with the dressing. Heavenly. It was a bit sweet, but not overly sweet. I'm sure it would be great on a salad where you use fruit too.

You can use whatever vinegarette dressing you usually make and add a little of the agave to it.
I don't measure when I make mine, but this is what I put in it:
1 pressed garlic clove
some balsamic vinegar (I used pear infused, but whatever kind of vinegar you have will work fine)
olive oil
dijon mustard
lemon juice
some herbs (I used some fresh basil and tarragon I had)
a couple of squirts of agave necter.
a little salt and some fresh ground pepper.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-30-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Sunday morning all! I woke up a little earlier than I had planned, so I have quite a bit of free time before I get ready for church. After church, I'll be finalizing our meal plans for the next two weeks and make up the grocery list. I've also got that dreaded laundry to do, but it can't be avoided! I also got two magazines that I'm dying to get into and my book. Oh! And crocheting my friends' scarf! Looks like I'm in for it today...maybe I'll just get my workout in after church so I have energy to do all of this stuff!!

Hold on a sec...coffee's done and I need my cuppa joe!

LC: I'd give you a hug, but that might hurt your back! Hope you get to feeling better and that your shopping trip is successful!

Ruth: Oooh, I hope your throat heals up in time for church. I'm sure you'll sound beautiful!

Cottage: Wow, you're giant leaps ahead of me with the P1 planning! I'm glad you had a nice rest. Your weather station sounds neat; maybe my DH would like one for his BDay!

Cat: I got an immersion blender for Christmas and thought of you while I was making a garlic-parmesan vinaigrette yesterday afternoon. I'll have to try your recipe one day when DH is gone. He hates sweet dressings...sounds like it will be perfect for me, though! Do you know how long they'll keep in the fridge? I was thinking a few days to a week, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to make several on the weekend and have them ready for weeknight dinners.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #22  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya ladies! I have been trying to post since yesturday morning and my computer would give an error and never show my post.

The last weekend of the year and boy what a year it has been - next year is gonnabe great not just for me but for all my beach buddies here.

Better get back to helping DH as the contractors start the new room addition tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #23  

Brian had two free tickets to Six Flags Holiday in the Park. Robert agreed that it made sense for me to go with Brian since Brian wanted me to go, I do rollercoasters better than he does, and I am the one who spent 90% of the time accompanying Brian on selling and delivering popcorn. We had a great time although it was really cold. I've never ridden rollercoasters that were this high or did double loops before. Yikes! But I'd do it for Brian.

When we got home though, Robert was assuming that since he had been so nice to let me go with Brian which meant he wasn't with him, that I would automatically agree he could come with us for this going away dinner at GattiTown for my friend Annelyn, her husband John and their daughter, Brooke. Brooke asked to see Brian before they moved (they are the same age) and Robert hasn't seen any of these people in 2 years so he isn't close friends to them. He wasn't going to let Brian go without him but Brian begged him. I personally couldn't put up with him in the same car for 35 minutes drive. Anyway, he left last night and just came back to take Brian to church. I need to leave now to meet them and then he promised to bring Brian home in time for me to take him to the dinner. I hope it works out. He's calling me selfish and Brian doesn't want to be with him lately.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I was up too late last night - actually more like I kept falling asleep and then getting woken up again. so frustrating. So I slept in until 10 AM! I can't remember the last time that happened. Our sleep schedules are all very messed up right now, and the kids want to try and stay up tomorrow night for New Years. They go back to school on Wednesday morning, so that is going to be a tough day, I'm sure. Anyway, got some laundry in and got my shower, and now I'm trying to decide what I can accomplish here before we go to my mother's this afternoon for ANOTHER holiday dinner with my brother's family.
Kim, I ended up reading. I started the second book in Doris Lessing's Children of Violence "masterwork" (that's what it says on the cover). I read the first one, Martha Quest, a few years ago, and really liked it, and had forgotten I'd picked up the second one, A Proper Marriage. After not finding anything on TV, I dug through my bookshelves and came up with it. Everytime I got woken up last night, I read some more, so I made good headway with it.
Okay, I looked at my to-do list and I think I'll do some of my training for work. I wanted to finish it up Friday and didn't get it done, so this way I'll start the week out fresh.

lc, I hope your back is feeling better.
I'm sure you'll sing like an angel, Ruth!
Hope the storms let up, Cat.
Thanks gonnabe!
Enjoy your day, cottage!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Hi Everyone
Sounds like everyone has had a very busy weekend thus far. Yesterday DF took me to a late lunch/early dinner and then we went to SuperTarget. Not very exciting but it suited me just fine. Today I'm doing my cooking for the week and cleaning my house. I'm hoping for a 1/2 day at work tomorrow and then I'm off on Tuesday so with any luck I can get a few of these rooms organized and start the year out fresh. Have a great day.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #26  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks, just popping in before I head to bed and watch a little tv and read my magazine. Shopping trip was a sucess, got all the ingredients I needed for the recipies I am having for week 1 ph 1. Went to Wally World and got DD her exercise ball its pink, and a exercise dvd and a cute little water bottle, I also got her the nicest red bathrobe. My back is feeling a wee bit better but I think I take some advil before bed. I was playing golf on the wee and then was using the punching bag I am sure I will pay for that. Well everyone enjoy the last sunday of dec. Good night.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Gah, just kill me now. We had another Christmas dinner at my Mom's this evening, and dinner was very healthy roast chicken, brown rice, roasted veggies, salad. Then all the cookies and fudge came out, but I am sick of seeing them, so didn't have any. Then gift exchanging, and I received white chocolate peppermint bark from my niece, dark chocolate almonds, a box of homemade shortbread from my SIL, and a pumpkin log from other SIL. I think they all just want me fat again.
After mostly cleaning out the kitchen this weekend. I've also got a few chocolate chip cookies left, some chocolate cherry truffles, and a plate of fudge my mother gave to DD, and some candy the kids got in their stockings. I called my friend and told her I would be bringing dessert to her house for dinner tomorrow. Whatever doesn't get eaten is NOT coming back home with me. She can keep it for her kids or throw it in the trash. I will have the kids hide their candy in their rooms. This is a sugar nightmare!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

I'm with ya Schmoodle. Feels like the whole world is out to sabatoge. I've been wonering if everyone in my life has been ignoring everything I've said or if they just want to insure that I stay fatter than they are. I used to worry about throwing away food but I've since decided that starving children in third world countries would be no beter served by chocolate than I would.
Closed Thread