South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONNABE165 View Post
Hiya Cat Have a great day! I know you will figure something out for those squash as you always seem to make something delish
The squash turned out great. The problem was I didn't know what kind they are! I've never seen them at the grocery store before. Our grocery is in the process of renovation and they have all kinds of new and wonderful stuff. I ended up just cutting off the little ends and tossing them in some olive oil and creole seasoning and roasted them in the oven for about 1/2 hour. I've attached a picture in case anyone can identify what type they are. They are a little bit bigger than the size of a quarter.
I also decided to make a big pot of split pea soup since the weather here is so icky...we are under a tornado watch and it's just plain creepy outside. Good comfort food.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-15-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

They are Patty Pan Squash - a great little squash. I've grown them and must do that again.

I'm about to sneak upstairs for a wee nap. Friend Claire just left after putting in my lightbulbs and fixing the laundry area door that came off its track Christmas Eve. It took her all of ten minutes whereas the guys fiddled with it for 20 during the party. What a woman!

Before I nap, I'll get us started on Phase I for 2008 and get us thinking about our January weightloss targets. No hurry but the threads will be there when you are.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #18  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Thanks, Ruth!! A cute little name for a cute little squash!! Enjoy that nap!
Old 12-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. I think I must have logged in 10 times since lunch to respond to everyone and I've gotten interrupted every time. I think I'll just leave it be and come back tomorrow. I'm hoping to leave early and DH and I have movie night tonight. See you all tomorrow!
Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I had a wee little nap as well and I woke up more tired than before the nap. I may have to have another one.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Well today started out great and very quickly took a major detour and headed down hill. Went to the doctor this morning to get my injection. They needed to reverify my insurance. After waiting an hour I asked how much longer they said maybe another two hours. Then when I was leaving work I backed into a pole and, of course, I probably did less damage than my $500.00 deductible. Good news only if I actually had the $500.00. Spent all day trying to find a new doctor and when I did they can't see me until Jan. 9. I got totally frustrated with my job and went on line and found out that if I was managing just one restaurant on the street(vs. the 12 in the airport that I do) I could be doubling my salary. Hmmm 1/12th the work for twice the money...will be talking to the boss on Monday. I haven't counteracted all the stress with food so that's a good thing. Here's hoping that you all had a much better day than I did.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #22  

Evening chicks...

Another productive day here! We are hoping to knock off the remainder of the cleaning and organizing tomorrow.

High School Musical 2 is on tonight, so I am off to snuggle the girls and watch it.
Closed Thread