South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. It seems like it should be lighter outside with it being an hour later. I'm not going to like it getting dark earlier at night, that means I'll be coming home in the dark every night.

I don't know what's on the agenda for today, I'm sure the kids will show up for supper, it seems to be a habit. I think I'll get a pork tenderloin out of the freezer. I want to experiment with making a SBD friendly pumpkin cheesecake, too, by adding pumpkin and spices to SF FF cheesecake flavored pudding mix. It seems like it will work, what do you think?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:34 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looks like a great morning coming up here - sort of gray at the moment but I'm hoping for a day when I can get a bit more done outdoors. A visit to Harry after Church will fill up my morning though.

What's a'happenin' at your place?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #18  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ooooh, Linda, that sounds lovely! I adore pumpkin cheesecake and may just give that a try!!!

Have a good visit, Ruth!

I was a good girl again today! Four days down, the rest of my life to go... (I was going to write twenty-six days to go, but then I figured that's just inviting a bad eating spree on the first of December so I changed my mind.) We had church this morning and Tom and I did the Children's Church today, and then we hit the BX and commissary to get our shopping done for the week. It'll be a busy one as Tom will be working hard and the kids and I always have *something* going on. Tom is asking my advice of what kind of chocolate he should have in his ice cream and I'm about to go kick him in the head.

Have a great Sunday all!

Kara
Old 11-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #19  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Good morning! I'm trying to psych myself up for another round of brushpile bootcamp. I have DSS all to myself today, so I think I'll put him to work in the yard and then reward him with a trip to the bookstore or art festival later today. He seems to be over his sniffles, and I owe him a reward for making the honor roll anyway. Better than rewarding him with food, right?

Ruth - Have a good visit with Harry!

Kara - Tell him he should have sugar free chocolate with sugar free ice cream.

Cottage - That cheesecake sounds good, I may have to make another run to the grocery store now.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Has anybody made SF apple crisp or crumble? I've got a bunch of apples to use up and I may try it tonight. Apple things are DH's favorite desserts. I guess I'll just replace butter with SB and sugar with Splenda, then oatmeal and nuts.

I'm going to try to get carpets shampooed before we go to the High School Musical thing, so I'll check in later chicks. Have a good one.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,
Happy Sunday,
Seems like everyone is busy, as usual. The weekends are the only time I seem to a get a break nowadays. As some of you know I am from Hawai'i and there is no daylight savings time in Hawai'i, so, the change totally threw me for a loop and I got up an extra hour early today.
Schmoodle- I've made an apple crisp before and just did the same thing that you are going to do. The only problem I had was that Splenda has a tendency to rise and it ends up a flakey mess. Just be sure to combine it well.
Cottage That cheesecake idea sounds great let us know how it turned out.
Ruth Have a nice visit.
Kara and Dixie- Have a great day.
Good Luck staying OP today
Old 11-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #22  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thank God for the time change!

Got dragged (haha dragged) to a drag show last night with my girlfriends. I haven't been to one of those in years. Was quite fun and interesting, but I didn't want to stay out super late. Bar closed at 1:00, threw us out at 1:15, and I left my car at Angie's and Jeanette and Erica wanted to get breakfast, so we went to Steak n Shake (that's healthy,) and I didn't get home until almost 3:00 (which thankfully became 2:00 with the time change.) At least it was a fun girls night out. Don't get those very often.

Washing the smoke stench (PEWWWWW) out of my jeans that I wore last night so I can wear them today without stinking to high heaven. All 3 of my girls smoke, and smoke heavily when they drink. I don't even have the urge to smoke when I drink anymore unless I drink A LOT.

Bears have a bye today, but Chiefs play at noon, so I'm going to head out to Show Me's for football in awhile. Need to find a red shirt to wear.

OH, by the way... we have a DVD with music videos/movie previews/etc on it that we have to play over and over every month. The 3 things that my brain cannot tune out from the October one are:

A) "It's Rainin' Men,"
B) The "Surf's Up" preview where they throw the chicken in the pot and go "NUMNUMNUMNUMNUM! Oohhhhhh YUMNUMNUMNUMNUM!!!!" (That's what my dog-niece sounds like chewing on my arm,) and
C) A stupid song from High School Musical 2. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! Is it November 6th yet????? I WANT A NEW DVD!!!! I will take "It's Rainin' Men" OVER and OVER all day, every day, for the rest of my LIFE if I don't have to listen to High School Musical songs again!!!

That's all I have to say about that. Have a good one ladies!!!!

Lisa

PS Hallelujah it's rainin' men..... sigh. I did it to myself.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #23  

Lisa! I always enjoy reading your posts! I'm glad you had a well-deserved girls nite out, don't feel guilty in the least!

Schmoodle, I love-love-love apple crisp, and make it at least once a week! I use Smart Balance, splenda, and a mixture of oatmeal and ww flour, or sometimes ground up Fiber One. It always turns out lip-smacking good.

Ruth, Kara, Dixie and Browneyes!

Would you believe I'm sitting here listening to a new Christmas CD already? I just picked it up at Walmart this morning and it's by someone I've never heard of before, Michael E. Smith. It was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London with a 65-piece orchestra and four choirs, and it's just beautiful. I'm in a holiday mood today, I have a turkey and a pumpkin pie in the oven, and we're having all the traditional fixings with it. Dustin just called to see what was on the menu today, and he's thrilled. They're going to bring the baby over for us to babysit for a while so they can have some special time with Amber. I'm looking forward to getting Tyler all to myself for a few hours!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hmmm, weezle, let's see, could it be "Fabulous"? Or "You are the Music in Me"? Or another of the toe-tapping delights I'll be humming and hating for the whole week.

Merry christmas cottage!

I tried my crisp with Agave Nectar instead of Splenda, and didn't have oatmeal, so I'm using Fiber One. DH just caught a whiff and came in here to ask me what I was cooking. He is excited, hope it turns out well!

This is me tonight. It is cold here, so we finally turned on the heat. Now I'm warm but I can feel my skin drying out.

Oh, and by the way chicks, I promise not to whine about slow weight loss any more. After looking at the October weight loss list, I realized it is pretty silly to complain about losing 6 lbs.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #25  

Schmoodle, how did the apple crisp turn out?

I never did make that pumpkin cheesecake today. That box of pudding mix that I thought was cheesecake turned out to be white chocolate, and I didn't feel like running to the store. So I had a little cheat with a small piece of pumpkin pie for dessert. I did well with the turkey dinner, though. I bypassed the potatoes, stuffing, gravy, peas and biscuits, and filled my plate with steamed cauliflower and turkey. So I feel I did okay.
We thoroughly enjoyed babysitting for Tyler this afternoon. He's such a happy little guy! It's fun watching him discover his world.
Well, The Amazing Race just came on, and I can't miss it. See you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread