South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Chick Chat

It's Hump Day, we're halfway through the week already!

I'll crank us up, but I'm running late and will be back after Curves. Keep the coffee hot!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm running a tad late this morning...have to go hop in the tub and get ready for work, but wanted to post the recipe I made up yesterday. Enjoy:

.................................................. ......

I pounded 3 chicken breasts between plastic wrap till they were very thin.

I took 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese and mixed up some fresh garden
herbs with it...I used basil, tarragon and parsley, a little salt and
some fresh ground pepper, but you could use whatever herbs/seasonings you like.

I divided the cheese mixture between the 3 chicken breasts and put a
blob on one end of the chicken, then folded the other half of the
chicken over the cheese (kind of like a turnover) then sprinkled some
creole seaoning over the top.

I put it in an oven proof skillet and browned it in a little olive
oil on the stove, then added a little bit of wine to deglaze the pan, then
put it in the oven for about 20 more minutes till it was brown.

It was wonderful and my husband and son loved it too. I served it
with a big spinach salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, olives,
artichokes, avocado and red onions and fresh parm cheese with
balsamic/olive oil dressing.

.................................................. .............

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-17-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cat and Cottage. It should be Whizzing Wednesday, not from water drinking but because we are all whizzing through.

I'm off to Georgia tomorrow morning for a meet-up of the folks from my online garden group which I belonged to before 3FC. We will visit some gardens down there and chat about plants but generally just hang out and talk our ears off. Our hostess swears she is going to get me to eat grits, chitlins and biscuits with sausage gravy but I'll be strong.

I have a fairly busy day today with pet therapy in the morning, Donna coming to clean, an afternoon haircut in town and my darling Hershey to take to the kennel before her supper time. I need to be en route to town early tomorrow morning and the kennel owner is very chatty. Airplanes don't care about the virtues of Nova Scotia Duck Tollers or Brussells Griffons and he does go on and on. Nice man but he does add a half hour to drop-off time.

I'll pop in later. Right now Hershey needs extra petting. I've not dragged out the suitcase but somehow she knows I'm leaving.

How's your Whizzing Wednesday looking?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning all. I'm on day 3 of phase 1 and feeling great. I did 5 mins on my trampoline yesterday and took a nice long 45 min. walk with my husband in the evening. Hoping for a repeat today. I have one pair of pants that fit and need to drop about 25 before a couple more become available. Did anyone catch Oprah yesterday?? I'm not usually a big fan but it was women's issues and menopause. The book from the dr looks interesting. Anyone read it?

Last edited by kmac1196; 10-17-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, Cottage, for reminding me how important that workout is...I'm feeling mopey and am fighting off a cold, so I was starting to think, "Do I *have* to go to the gym after work?" Thanks for inspiring me! You're so cheerful and fun!

Cat, your recipe sounds divine! Thanks for sharing. I never do very well when making up recipes from scratch...so I'm in awe of those of you who can! Good for you! Now, tell me about your new avatar...it looks intriguing!

Ruth, every time I run to the bathroom today, I'll be thinking, "Whizzing Wednesday..." I hope you have a good day--those "get everything done before the trip" days can be stressful, but make for a much less stressful leave-taking. Isn't it amazing how the animals can tell that we're leaving? Give Hersh a pet from me. I hope you have a brilliant time--GA sounds like a fantastic place for plant lovers! If you get a chance, ask your friends if they have any new/novel organic ways for getting rid of powdery mildew on squash plants. I've tried milk, and it works well, but I'd love something that keeps them going until later in the season... Fly safely and wave as you pass over NY!

Kristen! Glad to see you here in the Daily thread...but be sure to post a new thread in the forum with an introduction of yourself so everyone can greet you! I'm glad P1 is going so well for you...and all that exercising, wow! That's awesome!

Me:
I'm all confused as to which day it is--got a call last Friday that my aunt had passed away, unexpectedly, from leukemia. We drove up to Toronto for the funeral and got back late Monday night. My boss worked Monday for me, so this is my first day of work this week, which makes it feel like a Monday.

I didn't eat much on Monday...had such a stomachache from seeing the pain my cousin and family were going through. It was just heartwrenching. The scale seems to have taken a dramatic jump, but I'm not sure if it's from the lack of calories on Monday or it being the end of TOM? Either way, I'll take it.

I managed to miss my first appt. in weeks at the nutrition clinic yesterday--I overslept after getting back late on Monday. I'll have to call them and reschedule.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and remembers that Friday is only two days away!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back with coffee in hand and my oatmeal. The fog was terrible out there this morning, and traffic was worse than usual, too, but things seem to be getting better now. It's supposed to be another gorgeous autumn day, I sure can't complain about this weather! I do hope it hangs around for the weekend, though. We're planning a last minute yardsale with our neighbor for Saturday, and on Sunday we're hosting a BBQ for the French foreign exchange student who's staying with my granddaughter, Caitlyn.

I thought I'd be taking the girls to school this morning, but Richard got back from L.A. last evening. Cindy is being extremely stubborn and took herself off her Percodan already. She driving already and is trying to get back into her regular routine again. It seems that doctors are the worst patients and need to heed their own advice!

Cat, thanks for posting your chicken recipe, it's similar to mine and I'm sure the gals will enjoy it.

Ruth, we're sure gonna miss you, but enjoy your trip! It will be good for you to get away for a bit. Chitlins!!!!! NO THANKS!

kmac, keep it up, you're off to a great start! Sorry, I didn't catch that Oprah episode, but it sounds interesting.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning chicks, sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days, crazy day yesterday, but then crazy week, crazy month. What is it about October? I've been up since 6 but only just now getting around to eating breakfast. Eating is suffering, not going off plan much but not too balanced either. I need to pay more attention to water and veggies mostly.

Today is DS's 11th birthday so for school treats he wanted chocolate chip cookies which I baked last night. I tried to distract myself with some sf cocoa, but I did end up eating half a cookie, and boy was it good. Whatever doesn't get eaten at school today, I will be sitting on my front porch handing out to neighborhood kids this afternoon and then the rest will hit the trash.

Cat, the recipe sounds great, I will definitely have to try it.
Ruth, have a great trip and for sure stay away from the chitlins! You should have some beautiful weather.
Hi kmac, glad to hear +all is going well on Ph1.
beachgal, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you can fight off that cold!
cottage, sounds like a busy and fun weekend in store for you.

Off to fill up my water bottle! Have a good one chicks!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

P.S. Ruth, avoid those chitlins...and grits are worth passing up. But if you have to splurge, have the biscuits and gravy! They are to die for... I have a good SBD biscuit recipe, but you really have to use the real gravy or it's not the same...

Thanks, Schmoodle...sounds like a great plan with the cookies. If you have time, check out the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe in the recipe forums. It's divine and totally SBD-safe for P2 if you use SF chocolate chips. It takes more time, but I usually plan to make something SBD-safe for me if I'm baking for others. That way, I'm not tempted to eat the bad stuff. Who can resist freshly baked choc. chip cookies??? You're a stud for only having 1/2!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Laurie,
I don't think I've ever been called a stud before! I have to admit though that I had an entire cookie today. Now my stomach is a little sick and I am mad because I could forgive myself for the half I had last night hot out of the oven, but I could really have done without the one I ate a little while ago. Anyway, kids are home from school now and I am pushing cookies on any that pass my house. What a relief it will be not to have them (the cookies) calling to me from the kitchen. Fortunately no more birthdays until March except mine, and I hope to give myself onederland for my birthday present!
Obviously, I need to try your technique of giving myself an alternative treat. I thought the cocoa would be enough, but I was naive.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oh my goodness! I've been so busy today!!! Just popping in quickly to say HELLO!!!! Hope you girlies are having a good day!

Lisa
Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

My niece, Addie, came to visit me at work today! Isn't she adorable?

Last edited by weezle; 03-26-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post

Cat, ... Now, tell me about your new avatar...it looks intriguing!
Went to a funeral last week and decided to go take some shots in the cemetery afterwards and "visit" family, so that's where the avatar came from...me standing in front of a family tomb.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #13  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

So I finally managed to lose back the weight I had gained from midterms. Stress and TOM makes me retain water and gain weight like mad :P But I'm back on track and down another pound (but not changing my ticker until its stayed that way a few days).

Now I'm knitting a new scarf with a new pattern. I really want to learn to do other stiches aside from just knitting and purling though >.<
Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey gals! Just wanted to check in really quick. My computer died the other day for good so it's in the repair shop and I'm checking e-mail at the library. I'll try to get in here when I can, but might be MIA for a little. Miss you all!

Kara
Closed Thread