South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's the kernels, of course, although eating the shells would be extra fiber! I'll go in and clarify the Phase I Revised Food List.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #17  
South Beach Newbie

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone...Second time on SB Ph1 D4. Feeling better. I never made it to phase 3 because of vacation and went crazy. I forget that I can't eat whatever I want all the time. Vacations are my downfall. I have a wedding to go to at the end of the month and hope to be able to fit into the dress I bought 4 months ago (way way way too snug). It is harder this time. But that is why I am back on the forum. support is good!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #18  
Debbie

S/C/G: 166/159/130

Height: 5"1

Hi everyone,
I`m new to the forum,my name is Debbie.I`m a restarter of SBD as of today.Looking forward to meeting everyone, & support & advise.

Have a great Monday!!!
Debbie
Old 10-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Hi Debbie,
I love this thread.
This is my 3rd day of my restart and the support I have gotten is amazing. The last two times that I tried the beach I wasnt having near enough dairy or vegetables so I think that's why I fell off.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all the Newbies and Re-starters! Feel free to come over and join us in the Daily Chat.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm back on the Beach

Starting today I am Beaching it again. Yesterday I "practiced" which means I intened to start but felt so crummy with a cold and with carb-fever I hit the cookies so it doesnt count as a start does it! NO!

I had trouble rereading the book (yawn) so I am startting here with the lists and recipes. I have read so many diff books that are similar (Dr Schwarzbien, Ultrametabolism, etc) but not the same that I am afreaid I'll screw up or bend rules because another book says I can have x... so I am going to spend some time here today reading your awesome posts! Fruit-free will stionk plus I wont eat Splenda. BUT I am stoked that I can have dairy! Yippee!

Thanks for being here for me to come back to, 3FC!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I had 2 practice days last week. I officially started on Monday...so day 2 phase 1!! All my old clothes don't fit and I refuse to buy anymore so , I hope I lose weight quickly or I won't be able to leave the house soon .
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm restarting Ph1 today, I haven't had any weight gain in Ph 2 in fact, I've been losing pretty consistently. For some reason I've been having cravings. I had whole wheat pasta the other day and since then I've been wanting fries and other bad foods. I don't experience cravings when I have whole wheat breads or other starchy carbs. So I'm back on Ph 1 to get rid of these cravings.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ph1ers, thought I'd check in since I'm trying to do Ph1 mostly this week. I've gotten a little lax lately about a bite here and there and starting wanting some of the things I haven't wanted in a long time. I want to get rid of the desire before Halloween rolls around and my little angels bring home bags of almond joys!
Yesterday was good, and started off today with some greek yogurt and almonds. I usually eat a bigger breakfast but feeling a little queasy today for some reason.
triptropicana, the sunflower seeds are a great idea. I love nuts and sometimes go overboard on them. I usually have peanut butter, almonds, or pistachios, but 3 T of sunflower seeds would seem like a whole lot and last a lot longer too. I wonder how many pumpkin seeds we can have...
mecca, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get it right. The first time I did SBD I fell off when I started Ph2 because I followed the menus in the book and added back too many healthy carbs too fast. Finding this forum and all the great advice here is what made it work for me this time.
browneyedgirl, some of the other chicks have said pasta has affected them the same way as you. It hasn't done so for me, but I rarely eat it, and then usually in a soup or stew, so I don't get much of it. It's good that you discovered one of your triggers and know what to watch for now!

Hope to see you all soon on the daily thread!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 243/221.4/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi!

I'm new to SBD - I'm on Day 2 of P1. I've done Weight Watchers in the past but always ended up trying to squeeze as many goodies into my points allowance as possible. I've been pretty carb-crazy since having a baby 18 months ago, and I haven't been able to shift any weight, so I thought SBD might be a good option for me.

The information on this forum has been really helpful already, so I just hope that I can chip in, and give and receive support.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #26  

Welcome to the beach, Silly!
Ph 1 will be a little tough in the beginning. The worse days for most people are days 3-4 but don't worry about it. Once you hit the second week your carb cravings will most likely be gone. Just remember that dairy can help a lot with cravings and make sure you get your water in.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Default Cranky...

I am so cranky with myself today, yesterday I went crazy eating sweet foods, I am really getting fed up with myself...
I seem to just get past the craving stage, and then it's like I think I can just have a day off the beach, even though I no that I cant...
I am so sick of myself, I cant stand to look in the mirror...

I really love this eating plan so I have no reason or excuse.

I no im the only one that can help myself so I really had to write this and get these thought's out of my head...aaaaahhhhhggggg
Old 10-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #28  

Mecca- Don't beat yourself up. Everyone has those days when they fall off the wagon. Just get up dust yourself off and hop back on. Have you tried having a sugar-free fudgesicle. It can help with the sweet cravings. The peanut-butter cups from the ph 1 desert thread are also a life saver when you can't fight those cravings. Some people do just fine with a glass of water and others like to have some dairy.

Today is day 2 of PH1 for me and since it's only the second day so far so good. I think I'm going to miss my protein shakes though.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #29  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mecca, good for you for posting here...getting your feelings out like that can really help! You might consider starting a blog here at 3FC. All sorts of chickies read them, including ones who've made it to goal and getting their comments on your situation can help so much!

Don't stress...we've all been there! The important thing is that you learn something from the experience. I read once, "It doesn't matter if you fall as long as you pick something up while you're down there." If you can learn from your experience so you don't do it again, it's worth the fall. Sit down and think about why you sabotage yourself. What makes you crave the sweets? When does it happen? Set yourself up for success by planning what you can do to ensure it doesn't happen next time. Share your plans with family and friends so you have their help. In fact, if you need it, schedule your start so that troublesome day happens on a weekend when you can spend the entire day with a friend or partner so they can help you stay away from off plan foods.

Another strategy that helps is removing all off plan foods from your house. Ask family to stow their stuff away where you'll never find it or, better yet, to buy and consume their stuff outside the house. Make sure you don't have any extra money with you so you can't buy things either. That helps you refrain from cheating. Of course, it helps even more if you stock your house with SBD-safe/OP items so you have things to eat that you like and are good for you.

Good luck...and keep posting here. It can help so much!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #30  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 4 Phase I

I Posted In The Introduction Section As Well As On The Beach Bios. I Originally Started Sbd In May And Was Having Great Success Until September Came And I Am Now Getting Back On Track. Hello To Everyone And I Look Forward To Being Here.
Closed Thread