South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

:rain :

Ok, someone smack me if I start complaining about the rain now, OK?

So how's everyone this morning? It's still black as midnight outside and they're calling for a rainy day. I guess that puts a damper on our plans to go to the country fair after school today, we'll probably go to the Moonbounce instead.

How're you feeling today, Schmoodle? I hope all is well. Several people I've talked to lately have had a case of blahs. I hope it's not contagious!

RNmom, SNOW already?! That's talk for December, not October!

How'd the trip to the dentist go yesterday, Ruth? I hope traffic wasn't too bad. What type of quilt are you working on? I'd love to see pictures of it when it's done.

Kim, that's so nice to surprise your folks with an unexpected visit, I bet they're going to love it! Have a safe trip!

to everyone else that I've missed! There were so many posts yesterday that I'd be all day here answering everybody. Everyone seems to be doing really well and cheering each other on, let's keep it up!

Have a stupendous day!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-11-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Thinking - Oct. 11

I'm thinking "Where the heck does the time go?"!!!!! Monday was a Stat holiday and the rest of the week has whizzed by. This morning my darling red Focus goes for a brake job so I will be car-less 24-48 hours. Maybe I'll catch up with myself.

Back later. I need to leave for the garage at seven and I'm not dressed yet!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Popping in quickly to wish everyone a great day...even with Cottage facing rain and Ruth with no car! Cottage will end up with gorgeous flowers to look at and Ruth can zip around!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Back from the garage. It's a 15 minute drive and Tina drove me back. Now the day is mine!

It's drizzling so it'll be an inside day. I have some tax stuff to straighten out for a friend, a bit of my own accounting and then the day is mine! I want to get some food made ahead for the weekend - the female half of the Hyper Pypers is coming for a girls' weekend while the male half goes wild turkey hunting. Hershey will be glad of the company - Bailey is her pup and Lucy's sister. I have a marinated chicken dish to prep and just may make an apple pie for the freezer. The male cousins are about due for a drop-in which must include pie because "Grandma and Aunt Lillian always had pie!" In my next life, remind me not to buy the ancestral home!

Hmmmm - Hershey is sleeping on my feet so I just may get a cup of coffee and read my new Cook's Illustrated for a while and pretend I'm really retired.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
Thanks for asking cottage, I think I'm feeling a little better today. Nothing serious, TOM just sometimes hits me that way. At least I've got a great weekend to look forward to. Some old friends are coming up this way to go to a big crafts festival, and then we're doing an overnight. We do this every year and it's usually the only time I get to see them anymore, like a little once a year reunion. We all got to be friends through our daughters when they were elementary school age and all danced together, and now the girls are all in college, and a couple of us have moved, but the moms keep in touch. Good thing we found we had lots of other things to talk about besides the girls! We got close because we all had to travel a lot together to out of town dance events.
Ruth, if only someone would take away my car, phone, and computer (maybe!) for a few days, I might feel like I could catch up with myself. Take advantage!
Have a good one with the kiddies Cat. Are you still doing your Friday dates with DH, or is that just a summer thing?

Well, the usual is on my plate today, laundry, work, kids' activities. I hope the rain holds off so I can get some things hung out on the line. I bought two big bags of red peppers yesterday and want to roast and freeze them. I also bought a huge bag of dried pintos, and I'm going to do them in the pressure cooker and freeze them in individual portions. Oh, and tonight is Survivor! I haven't decided yet if I'll be able to get into this season. I've been spoiled with a couple of good ones this past year.
Okay, I WAS complaining about the heat, and looking forward to some fall weather, but a 20+ degree difference in two days is a bit much. Is it asking too much to have some sleeping-with-the-windows-open weather for a bit? I tried it last night but we all ended up huddled up under big comforters. I want my fall!!! (foot stamping here).
Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Just checked the forecast and it's "periods of rain" through to Sunday! I want my fall too!

I just turned on the furnace and lit a spice scented candle. It's getting to feel like woodstove weather, darn it!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #7  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I totally failed at the food game last night :P I have a big midterm today, a paper due and another big midterm tomorrow, and an even bigger midterm on Monday. I'm a ball of stress and when I went to go find snacks in the campus store, there were NO veggies or fruits left. So I got corn chips and salsa. I tried to partition it out so I'd only have a serving of the chips but the serving turned into the whole bag Ugh. And I'm just freaking out. I can't wait until this week is over! Plus, I still haven't heard back about my student union position and I'm getting anxious. :\ Though I really have nothing to be anxious about- I'm just about the most qualified person on campus to deal with dining services. But still. *sigh* Off to the cafeteria to get some coffee.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #8  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

morning all!

so, in one day I:
Got the internship I was waiting for
Got the job I was waiting for
Cleaned my house
Made the best coffee cake ever

So I feel ok about blowing off the DMV until tomorrow.

charo: midterms. I had one tuesday, and get the grades tonight. arg. I hope it gets better for you.

ruth: no rain, please! we're going to Six Flags on Sunday!

Schmoodle: nice to hear your feeling better.

Femme:

cottage: snow is a dirty 4 letter word to me. Let's keep that under wraps!

Last edited by dcapulet; 10-11-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Hello all. Hope you don't mind me butting into your chat. Ruth, I hear you on the woodstove idea. I had mine lit last night to get the chill out of the air. And so the season begins once again...
I have been living in a half-finished house since April which means I have no kitchen, no living room, and only one bathroom. Oh, and my daughter doesn't have a room. The completed rooms are my bedroom, my bathroom, and my son's room. It has been an ongoing project and will be completed sometime in the spring. It is my sole focus other than work and kids. Hopefully soon...
Anyway, it's supposed to rain until Sunday which is just lovely. I almost wish for snow just to get out of this mucky weather.

Hope there is sun in your forecasts soon!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! Chilly morning on the beach! Actually had to kick the furnace on lastnight ugh! Schmoodle I am with you this temp drop from 90 sunday to 60 today is crazy!

charolastra drink lots of water today chickie, flush that salt out! Pull up those boot straps and trudge on! We all have our moments of weakness.

dcapulet congrats on the internship and job!

Cottage, Ruth, and Cat, hope you all have a great day!

Me same ole, same ole! DD eye is feeling/looking better. I joke with her that the steriods are making it bigger. Thinking (hoping) work is going to be rather calm today.

Greeting to those yet to pop in, may we all have a great OP day!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Steen! You are not butting in! We all hang out in here a lot. Where do you live, by the way? I'll send you some snow when we get it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

I live in Parry Sound, Ontario, Ruth, and I didn't get my snowmobile out last year, so send away!!! I'm sick of rain!!! Our basement flooded yesterday because of all the rain, so snow would be blessing right now...
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #13  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

If any snow comes my way you're all in trouble. It's supposed to be 82 here today, down from the 90s finally. But, this weekend it's supposed to drop to the 60s at night. I'd be thrilled if we could stop running the a/c.

I have a huge NSV to report...I'm wearing my fabulous red suit that I haven't been able to get into for 3 years. (Thankfully it's a classic style or it would be out of date). And the best part is the pants are almost too big.

dcapulet - congrats on the job and internship

charolastra00 - tests make me crazy, I stress eat too

cottage - I wanna go to Moonbounce with you. We had the kids Christmas party (for work) at one of those places last year, it was so fun.

Ruth - enjoy your day

Schmoodle - glad you're feeling better

Steen - Welcome!

Pacer - Glad the meds are working for DD, I need to prod DH back to the Dr to have his eye looked at again

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just another quick post for me. I'm having to go inspect a bunch of ranches with bossman and the State guy today. Bleh. I'm so sick of being in a vehicle only to jump back in mine tomorrow morning and drive the 7 1/2+ hours to Austin to see my parents. The look on their faces when they see me will be worth it, though!

I'm saying "adios" right now for the weekend as I don't know how much time I'll have to check in. I'll miss all of you and will be sure to post when I get back!

~Kim
Old 10-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Alright, who's up for 85 and sunshine??? ?

OK so we aren't going to have 85 and sunshine for awhile, probably. High of 61, currently 48. I HATE COLD! I could tell yesterday at work that the weather had changed. After a little walking back and forth and doing projects, my hip started to hurt and I had a hard time walking. Did it again once I got out of the shower. I'm far too young for this!!!! I think I need to move to Florida.

And Halloween is coming up, which means parties, and I have a Pirate Party to go to on the 27th (I'm a wench,) and it's outdoors, and I really didn't think about it being cold on the 27th when I bought the costume on Sunday because it was 91 here! I'll be shivering me timbers off all night long.

I know. That was baaaaaaaaaad. Ah, I crack myself up.

So today is a majorly busy day. I don't work, technically, but I have to go in to meet the new DM when he comes through, so I'll go in about 10:30. Then when I'm done with that guy, I have to run home and be ready for the piano movers and my mom to come over and move my piano in. After that, I have to run Tastefully Simple stuff all over town. Then I have a piano lesson across town at 4. Oy. So much for my "day off!"

Better go dry my hair and start picking up the place and making it look like I live here before it's too late and Mom starts in on me when she gets here. Have a great day girlies! Lots of love!

Lisa
Closed Thread