South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #16  

I tried yesterday to find time to post to everyone and never got time to post at all so forgive me if I don't reply to everyone. If I can, I'll get back on later and post more.

Last night was curriculum night at school where I finally got a chance to meet Brian's teachers. I really like them and they say he is doing very well. He got his Lexile test yesterday for reading and came in at 11th grade (he is 10 years old) so I'm happy. His language arts/reading/social study teacher said she did want them all reading aloud for at least 5 minutes a day so last night he got to read Harry Potter to me for a bit and then I took over. He did really well. There were only two words he needed help pronouncing and they were big words.

I'm working on learning my lines for the Wood Badge ceremony for the first person in my patrol to get his beads. The ceremony is on Sunday at noon in a tiny town about an hour and a half from me so I'm going to have to figure out how to handle Brian's Sunday school. I guess we could go to the 7:30 AM service and then I could drop him off at Sunday school and have DH pick him up. I'm just worried that he might not wake up in time to get him. He is definitely not a morning person!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Laurie - My boss, hearing me get all defensive, ended up picking up the phone and barking back at the guy and he hung up on us. I just hate when men think just because I am a woman they have the right to yell at me! Oh I thought of several things I would have liked to say after I got off the phone. Including "I would hate to have to take off my shoes and kick an old mans a** today!" As stated earlier, I have PMS and he picked the wrong day! LOL Thank god I pride myself on being professional, it could have gotten ugly.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Allie: I agree with Laurie. Maybe a fact sheet would help everyone understand how sensitive you really are to these things and make eating with them a lot better for you next time. Ugh, I can't imagine what next Spring is going to be like with me being in school, working 40+ hours a week, traveling for work, leading a Christian Writer's Group - - nights like last night are probably going to be common-place then!

Kier: I found some great yarn -- and just paid for it because I won the bid! I hope Ruth's advice is top-notch! (It usually is! )

Cat: Oh, I remember when Hurricane Rita hit in 2005. We were in George West, Texas and I was "nannying" for my BIL. It was just my nephew and myself in this huge trailer home with nobody within 45 minutes of us. It was so scary when the tornadoes (there were five in all that day), started touching down within 2 miles of us. Finally, my DH's stepdad hauled butt home when there was a break so that he could be with us. I've never been so scared in my life. (Actually had nightmares about it last night.) I can't imagine the effect K had on you and your neighbors -- and facing the thought of more storms to come! I hope it's not as soggy as you're expecting!

Cottage: Big weekend, indeed! I hope Thomas the Train is as fun for you as it is the girls. I agree that better warning would have been nice from your sister, but I'm sure it'll be a good time!

Ruth: I can't believe how many times that Lucy has eaten your glasses! She's a little bit mischievous, isn't she ? Hope your shopping trip is successful!

Schmoodle: What a bummer about the ebay stock! My parents had the same opportunity, but with Yahoo. They kick themselves every day for it!

SandStripedcj: WTG!! 6 lbs. is a great loss!

mare: Boy, you're brave! Random green tomato stuff would scare me! I hope it's delicious and that your meetings aren't too tedious!

dixie: Wouldn't that be a fun bonfire? The kind where you don't have to do anything but light it? I hope your head starts feeling better!

Laurie: That craft night sounds like it was a lot of fun! I wish I had something like that down here. I hope DH's flank steak is yummy!

Pacer: I get that all the time. Men who don't listen to me because they don't believe someone that is young and female can be in a position of power. Luckily, bossman is a pretty big guy that lets them know, in not so nice terms, that it's Kim's way or the highway . That them off, but the next time they come in, they listen to me. Well, at least you're doing what's best for the woman and you have your professional integrity intact! Hope your day pics up!

Barb: WTG for Brian! That is excellent! I hope you get Sunday figured out!

ME:

I did find some gorgeous yarn on ebay and just paid for it. It's a great gray and black blend that will make a cool scarf for my sister and maybe one for me. It will match my dress jacket. I'm missing not crocheting as I ran out of yarn on Tuesday, but I think it's for the better. I finally got my roses trimmed, weeded and fertilized. Thank goodness. It looks SO much better.

This weekend should be a pretty casual one. With DH leaving on Monday again, he's going to want to take it easy and stay home. I finally bit the bullet and took ten of his shirts to the dry cleaners. Ironing one every morning was not working for us! At least I won't have any ironing to do before his trip. I need to rearrange my home office/workout/craft room because my boss got new filing cabinets and let me take the old ones home. I really needed them, but I'm not sure where to put them. Right now they're sitting in the middle of the room. Not a good look.

Well, enough chattering on. I need to refill the coffee! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #19  

, missmess! I hope you feel better quickly!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Don't you ever wish You could snap your fingers and stop time? That's my day! I'm gonna ahve ot post replies tonight :Hug:
Old 09-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #21  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi everyone!

I'm kind of new to the SBD, today being day 5 pf P 1. Just wanted to say hi.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #22  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Cat - We're just now getting the rain from the "thing in the Gulf". No one knows what to call it, it isn't a depression, or a hurricane, it's just a storm. If this is the worst of it, we have nothing to worry about. I'm not even seeing the usual panic, lining up at the gas stations, buying ever loaf of bread and bottle of water you can find, etc that usually happens during storms around here. Hope it goes easy for you over there too.

dcapulet - Welcome to the beach!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #23  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Dcapulet! Good for you for posting in the daily--we love hearing from new chicks! Please start a new thread in the forum and introduce yourself so we can get to know you better!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #24  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Dcapulet and on Day 5 of PI.

Morning friends.

As for me quite a day yesterday. I was arrested and jailed for MDA and had to raise $600 in bail to be released before 5:00 p.m. I was out by one and then raised more money and took that back to them. I got this wonderful book of poetry by Mattie, a young man with MD who passed away about two years ago and a VIP invite to one day at MDA summer camp. It felt so good to be out of the ratrace and doing something totally for someone else.

So after a long day of fundraising and then running errands and feeling good about everything in general-----my son's friend loaned us a washer (ours will be in the shop another week) so I got a load of laundry going and next thing I know the doggies are tracking water all over the kitchen. I am like "What the he**?" I look in the laundry room and it is full of water. The hose was leaking so cleaned it up called DH to stop and get a hose on his way home. Start a load of laundry and no leaks everything appears to be going well and the pump is out. This is a washer that has only been used twice so what the heck is going on. We are carting our laundry back and forth to my son's home which is on our property. Will I ever be glad to get mine back.

We are supposed to hear about the sale today. Think positive thoughts please. The hospital called and they are doing my background check, then call references, then

I am not looking forward to working today may have to come up with some excuse to disappear for a while. Still doing good on PI, only 3 days left.

for those that need them and for those that need them and to all of us for being here and fighting the good fight.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #25  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

welcome decapulet!! (isnt the name of juliet's family in romeo and juliet?)...
everyone here is nifty - can you tell us some more about yourself?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dashing in with some incredible news!
The Optometrist Office would not let me pay for my glasses! I guess they felt sorry for me! See...there are good people in the world. I think I may go and buy a lottery ticket!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #27  

Yay, Ruth! I bet you coming in with chewed up glasses once a month is enough payment for them!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #28  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey everyone! Thanks for all your support! I definitely think it's easier for me to give up gluten and therefore most grains than for you all to give up simple carbs because for me, it's either eat it or get sick! Eventually we'll all get sick one way or another if we continue to eat bad food, but it's not as immediate and therefore much harder to resist! It's more annoying for me to give it up than hard- I don't like the rashes and tummy aches!!

Off to the grocery store to see if they have any gluten free bagels in preparation for a breaking the fast feast Saturday night! Bagels and lox and red onion... mmm.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #29  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Allie I'd just do the lox and cream cheese rolled together *droooooooooool*
Old 09-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #30  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

thanks everyone! come check out my intro thread.
Closed Thread