South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/273/150

Height: 5'7''

Lightbulb Where are SB sucess stories please?

I'm a newbee here! This website is awesome but I don't quite know how to navigate around yet. I started WW in January of 07 and I have struggled & struggled counting those flex points. My doctor suggested SBD because I'm about to turn 50 and have a few health issues. My cholestoral is good right now but I'm scared that it is going to shoot up. The doc said not to worry. I'm in my 13th day of Phase 1 and have lost about 10 pounds so I'm very excited except I'm scared that re-introducing the carbs, etc. will cause me to gain some back.

You people are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs!

Bobbie

Last edited by auntbobbie; 09-09-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Bobbie and welcome! Glad to hear Ph1 is going so well for you. When you are ready to start Ph2, be sure to add slowly. Pick 1 thing to add - a piece of fruit or a bowl of oatmeal, etc. and add just that one thing each day for a week or so, then another thing, and so on, until you are up to the recommended number of fruit and starchy grain servings This should take weeks before you are truly into full Phase 2. If you do it this way, you don't need to fear that your cravings will return or your weight loss will stall. Good luck! And be sure and read the stickies and post any questions you have, the chicks here have all the answers!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Bobbie!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 311/273/150

Height: 5'7''

Thanks for all the answers. I was feeling badly because several of my friends have been so successful on WW & I couldn't stick to it. I just couldn't count those flex points & I kept running out of them. I'm feeling good about SBD because my doc recommended it. Thanks for the advice about how to transition into Phase 2. That advice is gold!

Hugs!

Bobbie

Last edited by auntbobbie; 09-10-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Closed Thread