South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Tuesday Chick Chat- The first day of school

It's the most wonderful time of the year..... ( can you see me skipping and spinning around the house. )

Hope everyone has a great day. Tea pot/ Coffee pot is on.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll grab a coffee and be back later. The Girls are still sleep so you know we had a great weekend!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruthie, Glad you and the girls had a great weekend.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Today is my first day of classes with students although we've been in school since the 13th. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, it's a beautiful morning here, cool and clear.

littlechick, that was me a week ago. Isn't school wonderful???
Ruth, glad you and the girls had a fun break.
Have a great day at school femme.

Nothing momentous going on here, just trying to get back in work-week mode. Have a good one chicks! Be careful out there!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning LC, Ruth, Femme and Schmoodle!

Weezle, a special shout-out to you! You are so brave and strong!

Back to my new job for me today. Two art directors will be out this week, so if I can survive this one, I think I'll be OK.

This week I need to find a new gym closer to work/home. Then I need to find the motivation to actually GO THERE!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Hello alll -

I am getting an earlier start out the door today - last night at 11:30 some studnets called with roommate prohblmes (we have barely been in session a week!) and want a 9:00 am appoinment. So I moved up my wake up and excercise to accomodate them. Moments like this I wonder why I chose a field woring with people - we are all so unpredictable!

At least i will enjoy the 4 day-work week. never a bad way to start! Enjoy your Tuesday!

Ally
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everybody!

I had a nice chatty post earlier, but the site wouldn't let me post! Everything seems to be working OK now, though.

The girls start back to school this morning, so I'll have the morning off until it's time to pick up Maggie at noon. Both girls are in the same school now, which makes things so much easier for me. I'm looking forward to hearing all about their first day back.

I have to call the insurance company first thing today to file a claim. Jake and Dustin starting tearing out the basement floor and drywall yesterday, and the damage is more than they anticipated. We took several pictures to back us up, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all turns out well. Other than that, I have some shrubs to prune and want to try to finish reading H.P.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that today is Tuesday, NOT Monday!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey, thanks Betty.

Morning girls. Not much time to post as I'm not really sure how much time it's going to take me to get ready and get to work from my new place. Back to reality today. I have to be there at 8:30, interview at noon, orientation at 1 until like 4..... sheesh.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 09-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not even nine and I feel as if the day is getting away from me! Too silly!

We all had a wonderful and relaxing time at the Pypers. What could possibly go wrong with time spent chatting, sipping wine, watching dogs play, swimming, BBQing and abstemiously sipping wine! I even dropped some water weight and my ticker is once again truthful!

Today, despite the late start, will be pretty full. I have laundry on the line, several phone calls made and a bushel (yes, really!) of plum tomatoes to tackle. Glen and Margo had a bumper crop and are really into "share the harvest". I think I'll share with Claire! I plan to take one of the dogs to visit the nursing home for pet therapy later today - it may be Lucy as she seems pretty perky.

This is my Focus On Veggies Month so I will be making some tabbouleh. I'm also well stocked with veggies to have with the hummus I made on Saturday!

Happy "Sort of New Year" to us all!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, I'm glad everyone is doing well.

Weezle: I'm sure everything will work out for the best. You are much stronger than I am - I don't ever think I could do what you've done.

Fly by for me this morning - I can't believe I'm staying this, but I'm glad to be back at work. I've been approved for unlimited OT this week and next - so I'm going to be quite busy! Not to mention my garden is still producing!!! This weekend I canned/froze:
13 quarts of beans
5 quarts of tomato juice (Yes, I made tomato juice! I use it in soups)
9 pints of corn
50 cups of chopped green peppers
12 quarts of veggie soup

I'm now taking a 'vacation' at work!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #12  

Can one of the mods sticky the Sept Exercise Challenge, please?

Good morning, everyone! It's the second week of school here. I think the holiday has everyone messed up. DH forgot the trash this morning so I had to take it out. Oh, well, that's easy enough. I've got lots of reminders popping up at work so I'll try to pop in and post later when I have some time.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #13  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chicks!

I don't have a school child but I can certainly appreciate school being back in session---remembering those days when I did.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day, whether working or at home, and that your skies are blue and your breezes gently warm you as we all stride together toward a healthier future.

As for me, I took a vacation day today so as to extend the holiday weekend a bit. Now that things are settling down from the move into the new house, I wanted some actual REST instead of a 16-hour-a-day extra job as an unpacker/furniture arranger.

Have a good one, all!

L
Old 09-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Fly-by for me! (Seems like there's a lot of those this morning!) Doing well, 1# down since last Monday. Not bad, especially for the lack of exercise from last week!

Training new hire today and getting first of the month paperwork done! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa: I agree with everyone here -- you are so strong! Keep it up!

~Kim
Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, I'm trying to be strong, anyway. I have the occasional meltdown, but it's usually when I'm sitting by myself, staring at my TV that doesn't have cable yet, and my mind goes. I've done pretty well to keep myself busy, but I'm almost done with my book. It'll be done tonight I'm sure. Once I get paid again I'll have to indulge.

My fridge is still hilarious. I have 2 kinds of LC cheese, 2 kinds of cheese slices, 3 kinds of shredded cheese, and a container of grated parmesan cheese. Then I have a case and 2/3 of beer and a massive bottle of wine. On top of that, I have 3 bags of salad and 6 bottles of salad dressing. Diet pop and bottled water, and that's pretty much it. I think after a long holiday weekend, I need to finally cook in my new place.

Freezer is good to go though. It's stocked full. Won't be needing to go to the store for awhile, thankfully.

I feel so LAZY when I'm at home. I just don't feel like putting anything away. I did unpack some Partylite decorations to put on my tables/bookshelf, and I put my shoes in the closet and a couple of bins away, but besides that..... it's a mess. I'm having people from out of town coming to see me this weekend so I should probably clean up a LITTLE bit.

Well, I have an interview here in a little while, and then orientation after that, so I guess I should get a move on. Hope everyone is doing well!

Lisa
Closed Thread