South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat - July 19

Good morning. Pull up a deck chair and grab a mug before we leap into our lives. Kara and Indigal have already finished their Thursday and some of the west coasters are still snoozing.

We had a bad storm a few hours ago and a tree is down in my lane. Luckily it missed my car! I have a busy day ahead so won't be able to get to cleaning it up until late this afternoon. Did I ever tell you I have an electric chainsaw? Works like a charm as long as there's a power outlet close.

The Girls both go to the vet this morning, I'm meeting my sis for lunch and then have an appointment for a luxury pedicure!

What's happening on your Thursday?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Hey! I have not finished my day yet! It's 5pm here in India. A beautiful breezy sunny day. Today was my work with the homeopathic doctor. Basically I do translating (Marathi to English) and Virgoization organization for him. It's been a fun day. A bit more work then out to enjoy the sunset from my rooftop terrace. Have a great day everybody! kitty
Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Ruth, I saw you were starting this thread and was waiting for you to finish posting it before I jumped on! You were sure lucky that tree missed your car! It must have been some storm! Do you really use that chainsaw yourself? Be careful with it! You sound like you have a nice day planned, have a nice lunch date with your sister.

We had a great time yesterday at the shore, it was sunny and warm although storms were predicted all day. On the way home we ran into one heavy downpour, it was raining so hard that we couldn't even see the road and had to pull over until it passed, but it lasted less than 5 minutes, and we didn't run into any rain after that.
I'm not sure what we're going to do today, maybe go shopping at the Reading outlets. Jake is listening to the weather reports right now, and severe storms are expected throughout the day, so it might be better to just stay home. He has been in a much better mood since I lit into him about changing his attitude! He has a tendency to be very negative, too, Kiko, and Weezle, so I know what you girls are going through.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #4  

Hi, indigal!,
It sounds like you have a really interesting life there in India!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, trees and storms don't mix too well (boy am I aware of that!) We still have huge pine trees here that have "iffy" limbs since Katrina. Every time it storms I just know they will come down, but they are still dangling. One in the front came down about a week ago right where I had just been putting the garbage in the front..whew. It hasn't stopped raining here all summer, but I'm not going to complain too much..at least the roots of the pines will be stronger if we get a hurricane this year.

Not much planned for today other than a little work. I want to get out in front in just a bit before the heat is "smothering" and get some pine needles raked out of my gravel driveway and do a little weeding in the front. 3 of my college roommates are coming to town on Sunday and we are going out to eat and I want the house to look nice. Hopefully I can sneak out without the puppy noticing and howling. My husband is off today and is still sleeping.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Kitty, what's Virgoization? I'm enthralled by your life! You are blessed to be learning such interesting arts from people who are steeped in tradition!

Ruth, the picture of you with a chainsaw is beyond perfect for ending my day! What a way to take out aggression!

Linda, I'm so glad you had a nice time in Cape May! What did you do?

We had a nice day, despite the monsoon! We were soaked by the time we got to Korean class, but today was Connor's last Tang Soo Do before he tests for his green belt, so we had to go to martial arts and I figured we might as well go to Korean class then. I've been fighting the munchies all day. I've done very well this week, staying at 1500 calories for a whole week as of today but today has been the worst. I'm not so much hungry as I am just wanting to snack!

Tom just walked in the door, so I'm going to get his dinner ready and then I'll check back in later.

Kara
Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Have a great time with your friends, Cat! What fun!

Kara
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #8  

Kara, we always have our same little routine that we do at Cape May. First, we have breakfast at McGlade's on the pier, then walk the entire length of the Promenade. By then we're ready to set up our spot on the beach and totally chill out until around 2, then we go into town for a light snack at Jackson Mountain Cafe. Afterwards we stroll through the outdoor mall, and find a nice bench in the shade and people watch for a while. Sometimes we'll go down to Sunset Beach for a while, too. We usually end the day at the Lobster House, where we like to sit out on the pier and order our supper from the Raw Bar. I can't think of anything else I'd rather do than spend a day at the beach! I love it!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, MIA yesterday. I was cleaning out the computer room totally changed it around and moved furniture, I am getting ready for a yard sale on Sat. Life has settled a bit around here. DD had her first drive on Tue night I thought I was going to throw up the whole time she was gone. 45 mins. Nothing prepares you for that. I don't know that I will ever get used to it.

Ruth- Moring I can just picture you with the chain saw. Hope you have a nice day with your sister.

indigal- you life so interseting, I wish I could travel to some where like that some day. Enjoy your sunset.

Kara- Good for you with the 1500 cals. You rock girl.

cottage- your trip sounds like it was wonderful. Enjoy your day.

Femme- Enjoy your day.

Me- Not too much just puttering around cleaning, and dejunking for the yard sale. I hope I sell everything cause I don't want to have to drag it back in the house. I am thinking what I don't sell I will take somewhere.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #10  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Morning ladies. I didn't think I would be able to get online while I was away, but were in Portland, ME for the night and was able to hop on my SIL's computer. It was a bit of a trek to get up here. The storms throughout New England kept us from leaving on time. We didn't get up here until 11:45 and barely had enough time to get the rental car. Which apparently had a smoker in it. We are debating whether to exchange it for another one or just get a car freshner.

Ruth-Thanks for getting the coffee brewing this am. Glad your car made it through the storm. have a wondrful lunch with your sister and enjoy your pampering.

Indigal-Your rooftop terrace sounds wonderful. Can I join you?

Cottage-I bet you hit the downpour on the NJ Turnpike? I have lost a windshield wiper, got a flat and been hit all on the Pike.

CAt-Enjoy your time with your girlfriends. I love my girl time!

KAra-Good for you for sticking to your plan. I don't know if I would have the wil power to be so strong willed.

LC-Good luck with the decluttering. It's such a liberating feeling isnt' it?

ME-We are getting ready go to the Old Port for some coffee then head up to Bangor and the lake. We've got a big family lobster boil at the camp tonight...of course, I can't eat seafood, but will manage with something.

Have a great day ladie.

Cheers!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

How much of the concrete ship can you see now, Linda?

Kara
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Sheila, have a great vacation! Your family lobster boil sounds just perfect - if not for the seafood, for the company!!!

LC, I pray every night for God to send His angels to surround and protect my children. I can mostly control what happens to them now, but I imagine as they get older that feeling of helplessness is so overwhelming! Trusting that you raise them the best you could must be so hard!

I'm off to bed, ladies. Have a terrific day!

***By the way, I did NOT give in to the munchies! I was about to but then I realized it was 8:45 and that is just too late to be eating. So, procrastination was my friend today! Tomorrow I might plan an "all appetizer day" and see if that helps at all.

Kara
Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quit laughing at me with my chainsaw! When you live by yourself, you do have to do guy jobs. I am very, very careful with the thing as it makes me a bit nervous and I don't have steel-toed Kodiaks....yet! While I was doing it, Kevin came along and loaded branches into his truck to put on his brush pile. Great! I love living in this village!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

I'm not laughing, Ruth. I'm in awe! I'm inspired!! I'm impressed!!!

Kara
Old 07-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ruth- I think that you would look so cute in your workboots and a lumberman jacket with your chain saw in hand. I wish I could do half of what you do. You are what I want to be when I grow up.
Closed Thread