South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5'7"

That is a grand story, I love it.
I thought goofy stuff like that only happened to me!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chiclets. I don't feel like I have a lot to say today! For a change... Just work, maybe sneak in a lunchtime swim. If the weather's nice, I think we'll drive out to Gettysburg this afternoon, but storms are threatening, so if we get rain, I guess we'll go have dinner with my Grandmother. I've decided chocolate strawberries are a bad idea. I had the girls make some day before yesterday and I've been enjoying them. I only ate three yesterday and 4 the day before, but having all that chocolate around is a torment. I've still got some in the cabinet and I keep thinking about it. In the future I think I'll only make them for parties when I know they'll all get eaten right away.
Oh, and yesterday I made a hazelnut sf nf iced latte, and it was wonderful, but my gut was not happy after. I was very bummed out about that. I'm going to experiment to see how little I can use and still taste the syrup, but not react badly. I have the torani brand sf syrup.

Pacer, that is too funny!
Hope you don't fall off the ball femme! I know I would.
Weezle, glad to hear you're feeling better.
Kara, Avery is adorable!
Ally, good luck with the cats. My oldest DD never used to react to our cats, but when she went to someone else's house with cats, she would get the watery eyes and itchy nose. Wierd.
Kiko, sorry DH is dragging you down. You seem to be a very "up" person.
Ruth, I imagine your garden is so beautiful. Got any pictures?
Sheila, so glad to hear your head is better. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Enjoy your vaca!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #18  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post
Well girls there was a baby possum frolicking in my bedroom! MY BEDROOM!!!!
EWWWWWW!!! I would have had a coronary. I HATE possums. I am an animal lover, but possums give me the willies something fierce. They are just plain evil looking...even the babies...like rats on steroids!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, chocolate covered strawberries would call out to me as well! I've actually been desserting on a bowl of strawberries daily for the past couple weeks. I love summer fruit!

Night all! I'll "see" you in the morning!

Kara
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Good Morning!

Hi LAdies:
I'm restarting Day 1 Ph 1 again B/c yesterday a kind soul *cough*inquired loudly as to why i wasn't joining in on our 3 pm Sugarfest put a cupcake in my hand. Gee thanks! Maybe I'll inhale everythng i see for the rest of the day! I think next time I 'll walk in for whatever celebratory announcement then RUn like **** away!
Shequila so glad you rheadache's gone enjoy your trip!
Ruth Have fun with HErshey at PEt Therapy. . .Cn we bottle your energy? You'd make millions!
Kara: Avery is absolutely adorable her cheeks are so pinchable!

Kiko/Weezle Ihear you on the funktastic DH's mine does have depression luckily he gets treated for it, but it's still really hard. . .I truly believe most men are toddlers!
Ally: maybe your friend has mold? that kicks my butt allergy wise loove kittens tho!
Weezle (part deux) good luck with the recruiter!
Femme YOu might have inspired me to dig out my yoga ball! let us know how it goes!
Pacer OMG wild Kingdom Squared! you poor kid! I'd have screamed bloody murder.
Schmoodle I have that same problem
I have 2 girls nights and a picnic to survive this week! does anyone have good Ph1 picnic ideas? I'm the only one with a healthy WOE!
back to work!
Kier
Kier
Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #21  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hello Chicks!
In a TOM funk this morning. I've been up for 6 hours and at work for 3 1/2 and I'm still not feeling totally awake. Maybe it's time to make a cup of coffee. I'm still feeling motivated to keep on plan, but I am feeling the pull today to go off track. My lettuce for my roll-ups for lunch froze! in the work fridge...grrr....somethings all wacky with the controls. I do have a sb wrap in there that probably survived, but I'm not techically on P2 yet. It may have to do. ***progress, not perfection*** right?

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #22  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick fly-by before my WW at Work meeting. It has been a morning here at work. We have a very difficult editor-in-chief who is not the brightest crayon and in fact has no earthly idea how to use her computer, is manipulative, etc. Well, one of my fellow copy editors was really having it out with her down the hall this morning. Very uncomfortable when people are yelling at each other at work!

Nessa, I LOVE your oatmeal bars. So filling! Do you usually warm them back up? I had one again this morning with a WW yogurt smoothie. Delicious!

Whoever was complaining about their cycles, I hear ya! I went off the pill in March and since then have been constantly insane! We are using other birth control, so I am not trying to get pregnant. My cycles have been 5 weeks, 6 1/2 weeks, and now 7 weeks with no TOM. It just worries me and I have gone through way too many pregnancy tests. I would be thrilled if we had a baby but I will never know if I can't been some sort of regular!

Sorry for that little rant. Glad everyone is feeling better, leaving for vacation, etc! I am freaking out--the plane crash that killed 200 people in Brazil yesterday was at the airport I am flying into, on the airline we will fly while within Brazil. Trying to stay trusting of God and planes but I'm nervous now!!!

Jess
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 PM   #23  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

CAn some one swoop in and save me for the SECOND day in a Row we're going to celebrate Ugh!
Congratulations and RUN LIKE HELLLLLL
Old 07-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

KO hee, you made me think of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets addicted to an afternoon sugar rush because they have some kind of cake celebration at her work every day.
All this talk of cycles, do you think we are all getting our cycles in sync? I got mine this morning and wasn't expecting it yet. I hope that means the scale will really be down this weekend.
Lunchtime, I pulled out the leftovers and nothing is insiring me. I don't really feel like eating, I guess. Although I could happily finish off the chocolate strawberries and call it lunch!
I've got 5 kids here today, don't know what I'll give them. Guess I'll start mass producing some pb&j.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #25  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

I am back from a 15 minute walk to Whole Foods for lunch...salad with spinach, celery, tomatoes, cucumber and a little feta cheese. I did go with a mediterrean dressing, but just a bit. Looks like I got back just in time for some storms moving into the DC area.

It's 1:30 and no headache yet. It felt good to get outside for a little walk and I've got my appetite back. INo more hunkering down in the dark and avoiding people.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, whether they were for the headaches, vacation, or potential pregnancy. I really like coming here and even if I don't do any posting, I still reading them. I like having a virtual "group of friends" supporting me.

Cheers!
Sheila
Old 07-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #26  

Height: 5'6"

Well hello everybody! I've had a great day, productive in the organizing the theater scene shop. I went and had a chiropractic adjustment this morning and tonight I am just bouncing off the walls like I have had a double espresso!
I have to work early so need to unwind...this is where I'd fix a nightcap...too bad I'm not drinking alcohol yet...I'd have a scotch to try and mellow me out for bed. Guess I'll go make a sleepytime tea instead...

Hey! Today 2 people noticed my weightloss! That was a great feeling. Why is it we loose from the top down? My face is thin, collar bone more protruded...What about my belly! Why cant that be getting smaller
Okay enough ranting off to make a cup a tea and find a sleeper book to put me to sleep. Have a great day everybody.
k
Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #27  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sheila, We're posting at same time. So happy to hear that your migrane has let up. Have a great trip!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #28  

Jesse - Mine have been weird too! I went off the pill in December (worried about blood clots and the fact that I am 44 - definitely NOT to try to get pregnant) and my cycles have been 23 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 weeks and so far no TOM. I was irregular before when not on the Pill so I don't worry except it is a pain to not have any idea when it will be here. My doctor told me to let him know if I am more than 3 months late.

Still in the midst of server installs at work. I tried the Carne Asada from the Taste of Summer cookbook last night and it was WONDERFUL! It also made a great lunch today. Weight is up a bit today but that is probably the brownies I found in the breakroom yesterday. I knew better but they looked so good.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #29  

Weezle I will be praying for you too.

About to curl up on the couch with a book for a short bit. Abigail is putting pictures in her scrapbook and the little one is chatting up a storm in her crib. All is well in my house right now. Just had a salad with some sauteed scallops on it. Pretty good- although BARB had to go and mention a brownie.......

Love ya chickies!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #30  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Ugh today was not a good day. My internship boss, who is a wonderful person, told me that Friday would be her last day. I'm kind of at a loss at what I'll do after that because she set me up with everything and the person I'm getting put under now is in a TOTALLY different direction. In theory I'll be working with the director (my boss was the assistant director and I really looked up to her because she's only 27 and the assistant director of a rather powerful nonprofit) but she is SO busy all the time, and the other woman always puts me on jobs like copying or calling people. And I HATE the phone.. especially when they want me to speak in Spanish because it's scary!

And it's muggy here.

But I did good.. rather than go binge after work, I went to Whole Foods and treated myself to some GOOD veggies and fruit- which ironically ended up a lot cheaper than at the "cheap" grocery store down the street, and much better quality. What can you do with red chard? I've never had it before but it looked gorgeous. I also got some zucchini to make Nessa's oatmeal bars with! My mom was talking about making and freezing a million loaves of zucchini bread, which is one of our annual summer events that I'm missing out on, so I'll improvise! My fridge is now full to the brim with strawberries, zucchini, summer squash, chard, broccoli, grapefruit, and carrots!
Closed Thread