South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #31  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

OMG I am going to throw up. DD just called and she passed, she can offically drive on her own. I don't think I am ready for this, does anyone have a go back in time machine I want her to be 6 again. I am so scared now I can't eat.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Jessie, I did get your message and I thought I posted back... It isn't the first message of mine that's been "lost" on here.

I did live in the Fan, but I've moved over to Westover Hills (just across the Nickle Bridge). I'll miss not knowing when it's 2 am every night thanks to all the bars (I lived at the start of the Robinson street bar crawl).

What's so funny is that I was born and raised in Tennessee, an hour and a half east of Nashville on I-40 in a place called Crossville. So it's almost like we've done a switcheroo! Do you live near the Vandy campus?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #33  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I definitely know where Crossville is. I thought it was funny when you posted today about being from TN! We live south of town between Antioch and Brentwood (where we can afford more than 300 square feet!).

I may not have found your message, sometimes I don't check the last day's posts. Probably my fault! But it's always nice to have a Richmond connection. I miss it so!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Jessie, I have a few friends in the Brentwood area, so I've been in your neck o' the Nashville many times!

Smoodle, I completely missed your post earlier! I hope you (and your back) survive the commute! Is the traffic around Quantico as bad as the rest of Northern VA?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #35  

Height: 5'6"

2 slivers of goose pate, 6-7 millet flour "chips", slice of full fat cheese...3/4c of mutton, 8 asparagusus, 1/3 cup lentils, 1/2 cup salad w/homemade splenda mayo & equiv. 1/2 peach with 2 tsp fat whipped cream cream drizzled on top! That was dinner tonight. Was that bad? I could of done worse...Not going to do the "chips" again anytime soon...those were hard to stop eating. I didn't do the califlower augratin or the homemade chocolate tart .... I'd appreciate feedback.
Good morning everyone! It's 11pm here, I'm on my way to bed but saw everyone so active today, so I had to say hello! I went to a friend's for dinner who is a gormet chef...

I made a decision the other day, that I am not introducing alcohol (red wine) back into my diet till I've lost 25 lbs...only 9 lbs to go...I bought a nice bottle the other day as incentive to "stick with it"
Have a terrific day ! kitty
Old 07-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LC, I can't decide whether that's good or bad that your DD passed her driver's test. I don't envy you your nerves, I went through it twice with my kids. As far as driving at night, does she have her own car, or is it yours? If it's yours, I'd remind her of that, and that YOU get to make the rules. We always made our kids pay for their portion of car insurance, too, and that made them much more conscientious drivers. They realised just how expensive it was, and how much more it would cost if they had an accident or points against them.

I had a great shopping trip, and found a great sale on the Foreman grills at Kohl's. With a $10 rebate, it only cost $29! I got 2 tops, a new bra, and a nightgown, too. But I didn't find any black capris that I liked, so I'll keep looking. Now I'm going to change into my swimsuit, pour myself a big glass of iced tea, and lounge in my poolchair the rest of the day. You're all invited, too, but bring your own towels, the cabana boys only cater to me!

femme, love your new avatar! You look amazing, at first I thought it was your DD!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #37  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

I was hoping to post more this afternoon, but I'm working on my 2nd migraine since Friday night and can barely see to type. (please excuse any typos). I will look for you all tomorrow. Hope eveyone has a good night....and morning to Kara and Indigal.

Cheers!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #38  

I'm still in the middle of building out servers at work so it's been a busy day. We had a talk this weekend about vacation and decided that DH will stay home. He doesn't care for water/theme parks or getting up early and Brian and I plan to get up early each day and do Schlitterbahn, Sea World or the zoo in San Antonio. I just need to book the hotel now.

Brian opened his present this morning and didn't really want to go to day care since he preferred building his Lego robot. He can work on it tonight though. I'm making his favorite dinner tonight, beef stir fry. I love it that he likes healthy food.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #39  

Barb, please wish Brian a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" from us!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #40  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey Cottage- that is a great idea about the insurance, the extra cost for her is 16.00 but I think we may just try that. She was a little depressed cause she could not take the car today. We need to show them proof that she completed the drivers training course, which we will have to do tomorrow. We really did not think that she would get it her first try. Of course I have a feeling we are going to have a battle on our hands cause she thinks she will be driving everywhere god help me.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #41  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Suxyq, hope you had fun cleaning!

LC, CONGRATS to your daughter!

Kitty, sounds like good incentive for you to kick those 9 pounds! You've been doing SO well that I'm sure you'll be there in no time.

Linda, amazing deal on the grill! I probably would've bought two just because it was such a good buy!! I'm a sucker for sales.

Sheila, hope your head feels better soon. Get some rest, woman!

Happy birthday, Brian! Connor is addicted to Legos as well! There are some terrific sets out there. If you've ever in the San Diego area, Legoland is incredible. We had a terrific time there last fall!

Kara
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #42  

Evening ladies!

Kara Hope that you are feeling better! How old is your son?

LC Congratulations to your daughter.... it is hard to believe my girls will ever be old enough to drive.

Barb Please wish Brian a happy birthday from me as well!

I am beat, on program today, although not enough veggies. We did go to a Mexican restaurant for a drink and appetizers with my sister and her BF. I stuck to water and shared some delicious ceviche with them. YUM! I was proud of myself for resisting chips and salsa which is one of my favorites.

DH works tonight until 11:00, so I am going to crawl into bed early.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #43  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Connor is five. Kadyn is two. Avery turned one in May. Sometimes they're just a bit too much. Most days they're loads of fun! Today we woke up to a happy day, despite the gray skies outside, so hopefully I've got the crabbies under control!

Kara
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #44  

Good morning, Kara, I hope you're feeling much better today! You can say "good morning" to me in another 8 hours or so. Right now I'm about ready to go to bed.

Kiko, good for you, avoiding the salsa & chips! How did Abigail make out today at camp? I hope she had fun!

I'm going to read another chapter of Harry Potter, then call it a day.

Goodnight, girls.
Closed Thread