South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #1  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Talking Starbucks

Ok.....I have been told that it is ok to have a latte in phase one. I had a grande, iced, non-fat, sugar free vanilla latte yesterday and I felt like I was doing something terrible. I am still on phase one and know we can have non-fat milk etc....Is anyone sure this drink from Starbucks is ok? Can I have the biggest one(Venti) or should I just stick with the medium one(Grande)? What else does you guys on phase 1 get at Starbucks??
Old 07-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 170/160/120

Height: 5'4"

My standard (when I'm out of coffee concentrate and brewing more in my toddy) is a venti iced coffee with sugar-free caramel syrup and room for milk on the top.

I can't think of any reason why what you had would be off limits. The only suggestion I would make would be to simply ask the barista how much milk is in the drink, so you know how much to count towards your daily dairy allowance.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

City Girl, How do you like your Toddy? I just ordered one for my daughter the other day. She moved to Los Angeles (from New Orleans) about a week ago. I sent her off with a lot of "our" (CDM) coffee, but she didn't have a coffee maker. My Mother has used a cold drip maker for about 40 years or so and my daughter wanted one like my Mom's, but I don't think they make that kind anymore. I ran across the Toddy and it seemed like it would work just as well.
My Mom's coffee maker has traveled from N.O. to North Carolina (after the storm) and when she comes to visit she brings it with her...it's kind of big and I was thinking about ordering one to use here for her visits.

Funny story. When I was married to my first husband, my Parents gave us a cold drip like theirs. One morning I woke up and was thirsty...looked in the fridge and there was a cold bottle of coke in there, so I took a big swig of it..that's when I realized that my ex had put the pot he had make in the coke bottle..yuk!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #4  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 170/160/120

I can't imagine taking a swig of coffee concentrate!

I love my toddy. Love it, love it, love it. If you daughter has a coffee roaster locally, I'd recommend getting a pound of fresh ground the day she's going to make coffee concentrate. My local roaster has a toddy grind, which is coarser than all the others. A girlfriend of mine bought a toddy and loves it too. She's more rural so when I visit I bring her fresh ground local coffee--I feel like a dealer! :lol
Old 07-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Oh, you are talking my favorite language of coffee! I have a nonfat sugarfree iced latte when I want a treat, and I agree, it always seems sinful, but only the milk counts! I just bought some sf caramel syrup to make it at home. Now, what is this toddy of which you speak? I have a senseo that I love, but am always interested in new coffee technology.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #6  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Just be careful for any of you that are dairy-free: the soy milk is chock full of sugar! Not that my angry letter to Starbucks did anything...

I don't know if they still have it or if it was just a winter thing, but Starbuck's "cinnamon bun" (or something like that) sugar free syrup was divine. I didn't have it in coffee because of the soy milk issue and I can't drink coffee black, but it was really good in tea.

And you guys have me interested in toddy too... Is it for iced coffee?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

all you have to do is count the milk towards your dairy. but a venti latte is at least 2 milk servings. if i want something that big i go for a sf ff vanilla double shot of syrup iced coffee that's half the milk....
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/204/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm addicted! I have a grande non fat sugar free vanilla latte once a week. It's feels like a treat and I get a good caffine boost! I can't do the iced coffee thing, and, on a recent trio to Nashville, I discovered that Ameracan Iced tea and Canadian Iced tea aren't nearly the same thing! Not sure which version I like better but the sweet tea is definatly a no-no.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

I did the same thing Friday. Went to Star Bucks and had a Decaf SF FF Carmel Iced Coffee with Non Fat Milk (TALL or whatever the big one is called) and felt like I was cheating. I even made them let me read the SF Label. I can't remember what the sweetener was but it did end in 'ose with I thought was maybe bad. I did love that drink though. It's my place to vent. We're in Florida, so I sat with my Iced Whatever it was called by the beach while everyone else had ColdStone. Good thing for me I hate Ice Cream.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #10  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Talking

Thank you guys for all your comments. I even got some new great ideas for coffee treats from you all. Thanks again!!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

I have researched the toddy and concluded that I need to have one. Here I come amazon.com. I am so excited, I will go to greencastle coffee roasters the day I get it and get some fresh grounds. I can't wait!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #12  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

My MIL got a sample of those Splenda-creamer combos when I was in town and I tried them. They were pretty yummy!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

are there any splenda SF syrups? the sugar alcohol ones make me ill
also What is a Toddy machine?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

KO, DaVinci makes a line of SF flavored syrups with Splenda. You can get them in almost any flavor imaginable. Check out their website if you can't find it locally.
I had to google a Toddy to discover what it was, and now I have to have one, too!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #15  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvscoffee View Post
Ok.....I have been told that it is ok to have a latte in phase one. I had a grande, iced, non-fat, sugar free vanilla latte yesterday and I felt like I was doing something terrible. I am still on phase one and know we can have non-fat milk etc....Is anyone sure this drink from Starbucks is ok? Can I have the biggest one(Venti) or should I just stick with the medium one(Grande)? What else does you guys on phase 1 get at Starbucks??
I had a very similar experience the other day ... I kept looking at it because it tasted SO GOOD that I kept thinking it couldn't be FF SF, but it was!
Closed Thread