South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day On The Beach - July 11

Good morning! I hope it's comfy where you are. My AC worked all night and it's pretty muggy this morning.

I feel already over the hump this morning as we got all the schoolwork judged yesterday (7:30 to 1:30) and I even tackled some of the masses of paperwork. I was pooped last night and had an early bed for a change.

This morning I'm outta here shortly to go to the city to see my ortho as a check after the synovial fluid injections. I truthfully can't say they did a darn thing! We'll see where we go from here. I am on the list for knee replacement but am pretty far down at the moment. Losing 20 pounds or more would help immensely but that just isn't happening.

Lucy and I go to do pet therapy at noon and I get the last of my four allergy shots too. Sort of a bummer day but I'll try to work in something fun and relaxing later this afternoon. Maybe Crystal Lite and my book on the wicker chaise on the porch?

What are your plans for this mid-summer day?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Hump-Day Chat

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! Only 2 more days after today until vacation! I can hardly wait, I need this so bad!

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day. Cindy called at 8:30 and said she had an emergency call, so I had to go stay with the girls. The plan was to bring them back here since I had just put a roast in the oven, but after I got to her place we were invited to a friend's house for swimming and lunch. So we rushed back here, where I grabbed the roast from the oven and popped it into the crock pot, then rushed off to the playdate. From there we went straight to gymnastics camp where I dropped off the girls, then picked up some groceries for Cindy and went back to their house to prepare a tailgate picnic for the polo tournament, picked up the girls, back home for showers and fresh clothes, then off to polo. Luckily, the girls grandparents were there, so I stayed to watch the first chukker, then took the opportunity to go home early. I put over 80 miles on the car.
Today will be another busy day. I have to be at Cindy's by 9, and we have to go shopping for a birthday present, then lunch before camp, and right after camp I have to take the girls to the party clear on the other side of town through heavy rush hour traffic. Hopefully Cindy will meet us there and let me go home. With the traffic, though, I don't expect to get home before 6, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. While the girls are at camp, I'm going to make that zucchini lasagna, one for Cindy and one for us, so at least supper will be made.

Anybody want to trade days with me today?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 AM   #3  

Beat me to it, Ruth! I'll do the merge.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #4  

Good Morning Ruth!

Thanks for cranking us up for another day. I am sorry to hear that your knee is still bothering you so much. That must be quite painful.

Cottage Great news on your son as well as your daughter in law! The thought of a caeseran always scared me, so I was fortunate to have quick, uncomplicated deliveries.

Which leads into my news that I won't be having a new family member join us in 9 months. I have to admit that there are mixed emotions as you can tell from all of my previous posts, but mainly I am relieved. As much as I love my girlies, the timing of a new baby wouldn't have been ideal. So there is my story! Thank you to you chickies who were keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Another pound down, so I am well into my July goal. Now to keep focused when I start Phase 2 on Friday. I am going to start alternating between a grain one day and a fruit the next, just to start off slow.

Me- Not much planned for the day. Maybe a trip to the library- the kids got quite a bit of sun at the pool yesterday, so we may skip that for the day.

Bye gals!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 AM   #5  

Kiko, You're right, I have mixed emotions and even got goosebumps. I'm glad it all worked out for the best, though. Congratulations on the lost pound, I know you've been working hard at it!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 AM   #6  

Hellloooo from loverly downtown Bastin Beachicks! Well actually Cambridge! Sorry no time to review the posts I missed the past 2 days, but I hope all our "peeps" are hunkydory!
The new job is going real good.. The office is small, only 8 of us ..but most folks work from home --most all have a wee bit of an irish brogue or English accent--and then there's me with me "New Yawk" axxxcent.heheeee. The folks have been real friendly and bit bawdy lol! They made the mistake of giving me an office that over looks the Charles river..so I at times have been going on "mental vacations" as I gaze out at all the boats!
My food choices have been good so far... no big meals and trying to eat mostly veggies... and lots of cawfeeeeeeee!

ok gals! I gotta git my substantial arse in gear and get ready for a new day!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks it is overcast and drizzly here this morning. Not sure what the days outcome will be. I am a little lazy this morning I don't feel like doing a thing.

Ruth- Hope the knee feels better soon, hope you get to sit on your deck and just read the afternoon away. I did that last night it was wonderful.

Cottage- I need to go back to bed after reading your post. Wow you have a pretty busy day ahead of you. Be careful in the traffic.

kiko- the timing was just not right. Take care. And congrats with a pound lost and TOM to boot.

Schatzi - glad you like your new job, it would be so nice to have an office looking over the river.

Me- nothing although there is lots I can do. One of my moms just said we may have thunder showers. I guess it will be an indoor day. Yesterday we made bead anklebraclets, today we may have drag out some crafty things again. Well I must dash and think about some breakfast and get organized, the boys are into their cards and gameboys so all is well for the moment.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #8  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Good Morning Ladies
IM woring until 1 pm.. then going home laundry and cleaning..
Someone is coming ot look at our condo at 630 pm.. (fingers crossed)
Have a great day
Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning.

still doing the forensics from last night's disaster here at work I got to work at 6:15 and i have the dentist at 3
i'm up a pound... oh well...

have a great day everyone.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! I feel like I walked into a full hen house!

Ruth, hope you get to relax! You deserve it after all you've been doing. Hope the knee feels better, too!

Cottage, don't forget to breathe today. Sounds like you might have to put that on your list or it'll fly out the window!

Kiko, I'm glad you've made peace with not being pregnant! I must admit that the first two months at least of both Kadyn's and Avery's pregnancies were so difficult because I was caught off guard.

Schatzi, send us a picture of your view! Glad the new officemates are nice!

LC, have a fun and crafty day! Have you ever made smelly pictures? Have the kids draw a picture and color it in (or print off pictures to color) and then let them outline whatever they want in glue, and sprinkle Jell-O gelatin powder over the glue. It takes awhile to dry, but it's fun!

Anne Marie, it's nice to "meet" you. I don't believe I've gotten to say hi yet. Good luck with the condo!

Nessa, good luck with your work mess. And the dentist. Boy, you've been having some lovely days lately, huh?!

My house is tidied and the kids are all in bed so I'm going to read for a bit before Tom gets home from darts. Speaking of Tom, people need to stop referring to menstruation as TOM because I keep thinking you're blaming my husband for things!!!

Have a good day, all!

Kara
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,
Nothing special planned today. Work, work, work, I hope. Oldest DD is on call for work, so I hope she'll be off and can take the kids to the pool for a while. I plan to knock off early and take the girls out to dinner, and then to Wolftrap to see Camelot. Hot and muggy again, and last night they were forecasting possible violent thunderstorms.
We went to the carnival last night and had a fun time. Of course I dropped a bundle, but make myself feel better that it was a fundraiser for the fire dept. Came home late, so everyone is sleeping in a little this morning. There was a good turnout of the neighbors at the town meeting, so they are going to have a public hearing in August to determine if the commercial use of our neighbor's property will be allowed. Apparently it's not clearly allowed or disallowed by the zoning. No personals today, I've really got to get myself focused on getting things done this morning! Hope you all have a pleasant Wednesday.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #12  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Good morning ladies.....I am so excited...I've already had coffee and breakfast this am. Looks like I am back on plan. It's hot once again and am already sticky just thinking about getting outside into my car.

I am so glad it's humpday. The weekend can't come soon enough! One more week then it's off to vacation in ME.

I have everyone has a good day on the beach. Use your sunblock!

Cheers!
Sheila
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Glad the town hall meeting went well, Schmoodle. Sounds like you have a project on your hands!!!

Sheila, where are you going in Maine? My husband spent summers in Fryeburg as a kid and he's taken me up there a couple times. It's lovely!

Kara
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, nice to see everyone up and clucking so early this morning! Much like everyone else I have a full day in store. Work is soooo busy and I don't think I will see my desk by weeks end! Schatzi sure wish I had your view to take me away, instead I face a blah tan wall (feels brick at times when I am on the phone and wish I could slam my head against it!)

Rain came through last night and things are much nicer this morning. Must make it out to the garden this evening, I know there are beans and cucumbers begging to be picked!

Hope everyone has a great day and Will Power Dust to all!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kiko, I was scared of sections too..but ended up having 3 of them...and totally worth it..
Funny story (but not funny at the time) I had a "lump" in my boob and mentioned it at work at lunch in the teacher's lounge. Other teachers told me to go to dr. right away..I called and got an apt for that afternoon. While I was in there, I asked the dr. to put me back on the pill again (the boob lump turned out to be nothing) he said sure, left the room and came back a few minutes later and said "Well, I can't give you those pills now, but I can give them to you in 8 months" I said, "Why?" and he said "Because you are pregnant!" I said "No way...I was NOT pregnant when I walked in this office for a lump!". So it seems I DID have a lump afterall. I cried for the next 8 months. I already had a girl and a boy and as far as I was concerned, I was finished having babies..I was 32 at the time. I left the office so upset and went to pick up my kids at day care. When I walked in the lady's house she could tell I was upset and told me to sit down at the kitchen bar and have some iced tea. I just put my head down on the counter and burst into tears. When I told her what was "wrong" she and her husband burst out laughing. She had gotten prenant at almost 40!...
to make a long story short, that baby (Beau) turned out to be the most maintaince free kid ever...no problems with him ever, straight A's in school, never had to have the expensive clothes (he didn't care at all about stuff like that whereas the other 2 HAD to have the latest stuff). He got a full scholorship to any college he wanted to go to etc..and I could not even begin to imagine life without him...He is going to graduate in about a year, (has a 3.8 average) then plans to go to law school.

So...Mother Nature makes the right decisions for us after all!

Today I start at the gym and also ordered fitday to closely track my food, so I am going to beat this plateau thing!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-11-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Closed Thread