South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twirping - July 10 Chat

Good morning! It's going to be another hot and humid day so I hope you can all stay cool and comfy.

Think of me, upstairs in the Fair Hall, stapling ribbons onto Fair Entries as the Judge makes her decisions. We have well over 1000 pieces of schoolwork entered so it's going to be a long day!

I'll be back later.

By the way, anybody can start the daily so don't wait for a MOD to stumble in!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i'm not dead just busy!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've got that song running through my mind - "Roll out those lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer....." Sorry, I'm just reminiscing about those wonderful long hot summer days when I was a kid. We used to play Monopoly and Scrabble under a big shade tree in our yard. Not a care in the world, those were the days!

Ugh, Ruth, I hope that upstairs room has air conditioning, or at least some good strong fans! Otherwise that sounds like fun though, judging the entries. Stay cool!

Morning, Nessa!

Nothing real exciting is happening here today. Someone unloaded a sack full of zucchini on Cindy's doorstep, so we're going to make zucchini bars today and maybe some banana bread this afternoon after gymnastics camp. Hmmm, I just had a thought, I bet zucchini would be great in Nessa's Oatmeal Bars!

Schatzi? Are you out there? We're waiting to hear how it's going.

Schmoodle, I'll be thinking of you today, hang in there!

Kiko, how are you feeling? I'm waiting with baited breath to hear the news.

Kara, are you still up? The salad was great! I've actually been trying several of your recipes, and they've all been pretty good. I'm a semi-vegetarian, I will occasionally eat chicken or pork, but not very often. Have you tried Weezle's "Thai with Spicy Peanut Sauce"? It's so yummy!

Time for Curves, but I'll be back. It's so nice to have my mornings back again!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ooooh, thanks for the recommendation, Cottage. I will have to dig that one out! I LOVE Thai food! One of my favorite places we've lived was Seattle, where there were Thai restaurants EVERYWHERE! Peanuts and I get along quite well, so I'm sure I'll adore that recipe.

I am still up. It's 8:19 here. The kids are in bed reading, or rather arguing with a little reading thrown in. I'm waiting for Tom to get home so they can go to sleep. He should be back from martial arts in a couple minutes. We've all had our showers and brushed our teeth and I read the kids a chapter of Harry Potter, so now it's just kisses from Daddy before they hit the sack.

Ruth, I'm so glad to hear that it's schoolwork you're stapling ribbons onto and not the children themselves! Have fun with it!

Zucchini in the oatmeal bars is a splendid idea! WITH RAISINS! I'm going to try that next. I don't have enough oatmeal to make another batch, which is sad because I just ate my last fig and walnut bar this morning (THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD IDEA!) but I'll try zucchini next. I'm on a zucchini kick. Zucchini frittata for breakfast yesterday and stuffed zucchini for dinner and zucchini in my portobello burger tonight and I'm planning another zucchini frittata for breakfast tomorrow. They're so yummy! I love them!

Hi, Nessa!

I'm going to go read myself a bit. I'll check back in before bed, I'm sure!

Kara
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks a quickie for me, busy today with a house full of wee ones. I am looking rather beautiful this morning I am sporting a beautiful large purple ribbion around my neck, along with a string of green beads and a snazy purple heart sticker on my chest, awhile drinking tea from a tiny tiny cup. What fun. The kids missed me while I was away. It is pretty overcast here this morning but the weatherman says hot humid and a high uv. So I think we will have a day a playing with the hose. I have two babies today so I don't like to go to the beach. Well I gotta to dash and get some breakfast for myself and get the craft stuff ready. we are making bead necklaces today. Have a good one. I will pop back in during lunch when I have a quiet moment.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Ruth have fun with the ribbons and staples
Hi Cottage I'm totally into Grilled Zuchinni these days....
Tara darling how are you
and LC a lovely tea party isn't it.

ok i'm at work still
bri's in a bad mood don't ask...
i'm busy cataloguing my weight loss journal at another site it's nearly 700 pages and i can't find stuff... so a TOC with links is being made... oy a pain.

have a great day gang.

oh the scale said 232.6 tihs morning for my official weigh in.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

LC, I can picture you in your gorgeous get-up! You are such a sport!!!

Sorry about Brian's bad mood, Nessa.

Kara
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning Ladies,
Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement yesterday. I am still here and still on the beach. Still feeling in a funk, but we'll get through. The kids will have to self-entertain today, as I have lots of work. I think we'll skip the pool, since the girls are a little pink from the past few days. Forecast over 100 and humid, yuck. I'll have to think of something to get us out of the house later. DS is invited to a carnival with a friend tonight. I'll have to find out where it is and maybe take the girls later. Unfortunately it'll have to be late because I've got to attend a town council meeting tonight at 7:00 and show some solidarity with the neighbors. My town is tiny, Main Street is about 4 blocks long and that's pretty much it. Still mostly residential, but it seems like there's a plan to turn it all into businesses and pave every square foot in sight. Three doors down they want to put in a medical billing business and group home and pave the backyard for a parking lot. Finally the neighbors are getting fed up, I've been trying to get people to attend town meetings for quite a while. We should have a good turnout tonight.
I've missed you Nessa.
Ruth, don't staple your finger!
Littlechick, sounds like your day will fly by playing with the kids.
Thanks for watching out for me cottage.
I've got a ton of zucchini starting to come in Kara, DH planted three plants of it this year - can you tell it's his favorite veggie? I'm sure I'll be putting it in everything pretty soon. But I'm not sure I'd like the oatmeal bars with it. Oh, I made those for the first time last week, cranberries and almonds, yum-yum.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #9  

Morning chicklets!

Ruth That sounds like a long day, but how neat that so many kids participated! Thinking of you friend.

LC You do sound lovely! I get the biggest kick out of it when my girls get DH all dolled up. Too cute.

Kara YUM! Can I just move in for a few weeks? You are always making some of the yummiest things. I have been checking out the recipe boards more lately and there are several of your recipes that sound great.

Cottage I am waiting with bated breath as well. Still no Aunt Flo as of yet. Do you have the girls today? I am sure it is nice to ease into your day as you like it!

Nessa Hey you! I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear that DH is in a funk- it is so energy draining, isn't it??

Me- This morning I am running my friend's daughter to summer school again, then home real quick to feed the troops. Bible study after that, then we are going to have lunch at my mom's and swim for the afternoon. Meg will take her nap at "Gammy's" while the other two kiddos and I swim. I didn't do too well applying sunscreen yesterday, so I have some burnt shoulders.

Gotta get creative with meals until Friday, funds are a bit low. Our new budgeting system is going okay- just ran out in the grocery fund area a few days early.

Okay, gotta get moving here-
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Anyone see that commercial where it starts with one guy yawning and then everyone in the office starts yawning and it sounds like they're harmonizing a song? That's how I sound this morning. Woke up to pee twice that I remember last night, and when DH left for work 10 min before time for me to get up, I had to go again so I'm up.

Ruthie, stapling ribbons.... that sounds.... enthralling. Hope you find something to keep you entertained today!

Nessa, SLOW DOWN. And no dying. Sorry to hear about Brian and his mood. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Cottage, I'm glad you like that Thai recipe! It's actually my mom's recipe but I stole it. It makes enough food to feed an army, and since there are only two of us, we have leftovers for DAYS. Enjoy Curves!!

Have a great night Kara! Sweet Dreams!

LC, you sound gorgeous! Hope you have fun with all the little guys today!

Schmoodle, hope your funk passes! We're all here for you! Have fun at your meeting tonight.

Kiko, I'm holding my breath over here! Sending you hugs and prayers.

SCHNATZO!!!!! Where ARE you????? Missing our noisy wakeup calls and CAWFEE TAWK.

OK, as for me, I'm going to jump in the shower and get ready for work. Hope you all have a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #11  

Morning Weezle and Schmoodle! Hope you both have a great day!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #12  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hi darlings. I'm definitely not all here this morning. I am so sad. Chester (doggy) has had a swollen undereye for about two weeks now--we thought it was an infection and took him yesterday to have it drained after antibiotics didn't work. Well, it's not infection, it's some kind of mass and vet had to send it off to be biopsied. He is only 3! My poor baby!! I don't know what we will do if he has cancer because we can hardly afford the regular vet bills...have already accrued $400 in bills the last two weeks. And my DH makes 1/2 of what he normally does (as a student--NOT MUCH) during the summer. SO I am panicked all around. My poor baby has the cone around his head and sight in only one eye since they had to pull his third eyelid up over the other one. I bawled so much yesterday. The only good thing is I don't want to eat!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

A quick good morning to everyone. I over-slept till 6 and am behind working this morning. Stayed up way too late last night waiting for my husband to come from work (he's working a weird schedule for the next couple of weeks and didn't get home till midnight. He works at a university computer center where someone has to be there 24/7 to make sure the computer systems are up and running) It was VERY hard to keep out of the fridge last night, but I managed to only make a couple of trips and only ate OP things...I think I have a cucumber/tomato overload though.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning, bring on the coffee! Another Hot and Humid one here today! I'm chuckling at everyone and their zucchini ideas! I think mine are almost done, someone try the whole oatmeal bar thing and let me know. I was actually looking at my zucchini bread recipie the other day trying to figure out if I could make it SB friendly, but even if I did I would probably eat to much of it so I didn't try.

Schmoodle I feel your funk! Things are still no fun at home, and it has got me in a bit of one myself. Read the board but just couldn't bring myself to post as I was feeling anti-social. Good news is I am staying on plan through all of this, after all this is for me and no one else!

Jessie hope the furkid is ok, I feel your pain. We lost one of ours a few months ago and it was a painful experience! Vet bills can sure add up fast! We spent over $400 only to lose him in the long run and never found out for sure what caused it.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Pacer! What I was imagining with zucchini oatmeal bars was something like a Beach-friendly zucchini bread. We'll do some tinkering and see how it turns out, OK?

Cat, hope you make it through work without falling asleep! I don't sleep well when Tom works nights, either. The two months he was here before we arrived were awful - had to force myself into bed around midnight or one and then was up four or five times to feed the baby before waking up at six or six thirty. Ugh.

Jessie, hope your pup feels better soon!

Lisa, I've been waking to pee at night, too. I've been hoping that I'm peeing fat, but I don't think it works that way...

Kiko, you're welcome here any time! Let me know when your flight gets in and I'll meet you at the airport!!!

Schmoodle, did you use slivered almonds or whole ones???

Avery's eating (typing one-handed) and then I'm going to hang the laundry and hit the sack. Nighty-night!

Kara
Closed Thread