South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Beachers - Week beginning July 1

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
Old 07-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #2  
BeachBum!!

S/C/G: 164/159/145

Height: 5'8"

Talking

I'm really excited about starting this month, its a new month and a fresh start. I'm feeling great, my cravings are pretty much gone since I've been really trying to stick to eating the right foods. I even declined pizza and ice cream this week....my 2 biggest food foes. I'll eventually let myself have maybe a piece of thin crust pizza or scoop of ice cream, but with our trip to FL at the end pf the month I'm really extra motivated!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hello phase oners! Well I upped my weigh day from Monday to Sunday...I stepped on the scale this morning, and lost 7 lbs! (Day 6 of Phase 1) (Happy Dance)

It's late I'm on my way to bed, I have a full day tommorrow, but just wanted to stop in and say hello. I hope others are having as good a week as me.

Have a good day/night depending on where you are. kitty
Old 07-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #4  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello there! I was following Metabolic Research Center's diet plan for a while, so I don't expect this to be a difficult transition. SB is SO much easier and has many more choices - I'm having the best day! I was losing weight following MRC, but it was terribly boring. I ended up cheating about every week - losing and gaining the same five pounds. Others had great success with it, but I need to enjoy the process. SB is my golden ticket.

Right now I'm on summer vacation, so while it's tough to maintain an eating schedule, I have tons of time to exercise. I feel so strong and I just love to push myself during a workout. I'm starting the C25K tomorrow - hoping I can keep up with it.

My problem is that I lose very slowly, so I tend to lose motivation. I don't expect to lose much during phase one because I get to eat way more choices than I did on MRC. I can have cheese, hamburger, steak, sour cream!! OMG!! I worry a little that I eat too much fat, but I feel great.

I'm always open to suggestions and advice. My main goal is to look GREAT!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #5  

Hi! My friend referred me to this board, I started my first day on the South Beach Diet today. It was not easy, I spent $50 on groceries, felt lightheaded all day and snapped at my husband a couple of times already. Not looking forward but I must do something! I've dieted a lot in the past. Lost 15 pounds before my wedding, but gained 12 pounds back already. I refuse to be fat for the rest of my life!

Last edited by dreamy2007; 07-01-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/178/155

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone.
I am starting fresh tomarrow. I lost 40lbs on S.B. over one year ago and have gained all but 15lbs back. I refuse to get back up there again!!!! I have a hard time with eggs for breakfast but am going to eat the flax muffins. Here is how i make mine. Please someone tell me if it is all phase 1.
melt 1tbl of smart balance in large coffee mug
add 1 tbl flax seed ground into meal
1 pk of splenda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
dash of cinn.
about 5 walnuts (broken in pieces)
1 egg
sometimes put in a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
nuke in micro for about 1 min.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #7  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey y'all. I am starting phase I today. Judy, I am with you. I lost about 15 lbs on the beach almost two years ago now, and I've gained all that back plus another 10 for company. I've been trying to do Weight Watchers but I detest counting the points...just too difficult. SBD is the only thing I've ever had success with because it really is a lifestyle thing. I could never count points for the rest of my life, although I know there are people who do. I am going to stick with going to WW meetings because I enjoy them and the weighing in keeps me accountable. But onto the beach I go.

I had a 1-egg omelet with green peppers and Canadian bacon and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for breakfast. I am never hungry until after I get to work, but I know if I wait I won't have as many options.

Good morning and best wishes to all.

Jessie
Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

welcome to all the newbies... let me know if i can help....
Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Big and a to the newbies and to the chicks on their second week of Phase II.

My biggest piece of advice is to thoroughly read and re-read the hints and food lists posted in the Frequently Asked Questions area.

Also please remember to get your dairy and eat legumes so you don't get the dreaded Third Day Drags.

Away we go!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #10  

Thank you all for the encouragement! This is only Day 2 for me but I feel better than yesterday.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #11  

It's been awhile since I last did phase 1 and I think it's time to try it again. I started yesterday morning and was perfectly on plan except for a bit of carrot in the stir fry last night. Brian wanted to cook it and he was very particular about what he wanted in it and just couldn't turn down a kid who wants to eat veggies.

I had egg substitute with veggies and cheese this morning for breakfast and plain yogurt with Splenda and cinnamon for snack. Lunch was leftover Creole turkey sausage (with beans and lots of veggies). Snack will be raw zucchini and then dinner is a pork chop recipe out of the SB Taste of Summer cookbook along with broccoli and garlic mustard green beans. Jello for dessert.

I hope to make it to the gym but it will depend on when the water heater gets installed. They said between 3-6 and Brian has gymnastics from 5-6. Usually DH takes him but one of us will have to stay with the installer if he is not done. I REALLY want hot water tomorrow. I don't like cold showers at all.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #12  
Recovering Sugarholic

Barb...I had a brain fart this morning and brought carrots for a snack. Seems I have forgotten my ph 1 veggies list! Oops!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #13  

Today was pretty good for me, I had an all day software testing today and I actually packed enough food for me to last from 8am to 6pm, phew!!! I even woke up extra early to make my food. I usually eat on the go so that's pretty good for me! I think it was easier for me to wake up this morning or was it because I'm still excited about this new diet? Don't know but time with tell. I really really hope this works and gives me more energy! I miss the energy level I had when I was active.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #14  

I stayed totally OP yesterday. Dinner was good and the SF lime jello was really sweet. I think I needed to do phase 1 again.

Breakfast today was Eggbeaters with RF swiss and about a half teaspoon of peanut butter.

Snack will be plain yogurt again.
Lunch - homemade chili
Snack - raw zucchini
Dinner - It's a turkey meatball recipe on Boston lettuce from the new cookbook
Dessert - Jello

I'm going to need to prepare for some more lunches. I took stock of my freezer last night and I only have a couple of lunches frozen that are phase 1. The broccoli cheese soup will have to wait and so will the pork with peach lime salsa. I do have other stuff to fix for a cold lunch but I really like a hot one.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #15  
Recovering Sugarholic

Barb, Freezing individual lunches is a great plan! I prefer a hot lunch as well.

My stomach is wacko this morning...I could not stomach the idea of eggs. I had a string cheese and a few macademia nuts for breakfast. I know I need to eat more and eat veggies but my stomach is so upset I am not sure I am going to even be able to eat lunch.

Yesterday went well despite the carrots. We had chicken creole for dinner last night and I had mine over some mashed-up "brocciflower" or whatever you call the cross between broccoli and cauliflower. It was really yummy! Tonight we're having chicken-basil burgers (without bun, obviously). And probably some fresh green beans.
Closed Thread