South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default I said no and broke my husband's heart...

last night...

just remembered this.... so many folks on the support board talk about not hurting feelings...

it was before dinner we stopped at 7-11 because i'm looking for a coffee mug and i could not find one... they had those yummy LINDT truffles.. the white chocolate white filling ones
http://www.lindtusa.com/shop_product..._GetProducts=1

i would guess about 30-50 calories per one. they are rather large.

he got in the van with me and said "your going to cheat now" and I said "i am"

and he said yes and handed me ONE. he had gotten for me and ate the one he got for him. I told him sadly "no i can't"

he was crushed.
broken and sad
but i held firm.

i feel so bad now that i hurt him but I feel so good that I said no.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

He'll understand in the long run.

Does he give classes in being sweet? I got no flowers for my anniversary yesterday. So my husband was busy saving the world. Is that really an excuse?!

Kara
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Great Job Nessa!!!! You were strong in the face of chocolate! and In the Long Run DH will understand.
Kara I'm sorry you didn't get flowers!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

It's alright. I'm used to it. We started dating in 1993, and I think I've gotten flowers three times since then. The first time he was in Korea, ten years ago when he came here by himself, I got one letter the whole time. Lots of e-mails, but only one hand-written letter. *sigh* Good think I love him so much!

Kara
Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

kara my hubby has never sent flowers....
Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #6  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

Height: 5'5"

I had a similar experience last night with my fiance. I called him from work last night right before I left to find out what he wanted for dinner and he said "McDonalds, I had a crappy day so I wanna eat crap." I said that I wasnt' going to eat that but I'd stop and get him some. Let me tell you, it was so dang hard not munching on his fries on the way home! When I got home he said you ate some of my fries didn't you! I said no and told him he was cruel for making me go there. He keeps telling me I will eventually go back to eating bags of jelly beans. He says he is just kidding but it still hurts.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Good for you Nessa, and those things have TONS of fat and calories, my my they are good, but i was BLOWN away when i looked at their calorie content. I was going to keep some around for just a bite of chocolate when i was craving it and i couldnt even have one without blowing it, i cant remember how bad they are, but i remember it is BAD.

Well kara did you do anything for him? My dh always feels REALLY bad when i do something for him on our ann and he has done nothing. Today is our 15th year ann. We arent doing anything for each other til friday though. I dont really get into flowers, just seems like a waste of money. I would rather take that money and go out to eat, something we can enjoy together instead of just me getting something special. Its about "us", not just "me". Is how i look at it.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Girls, Good for you staying strong. I think that hubbys do that because they are scared that you will change on the inside as well as the outside. They are not secure with weightloss. My DH used to be the same way but he is much more supportive now with my weight journey. I do wish he would buy me flowers though I have only gotten them 3 times in 20 years. Twice was when the girls were born ( I am sure his mother was behind that.) and once he brought me home a rose for no reason.
Stay strong chicks.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

Stacy do you know the calorie count? i could not find it.

Little Chick I really don't think that Brian's goal was sabotogue. he's pretty much on the beach with me having lost 80 pounds himself. He's just taking a break... and he knows I indulge but he doesn't realize I PLAN my indulgences.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Nessa I didn't mean the he did. I am just saying that some men, find it hard when the wife starts making changes in herself.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

My husband loves to bring me treats too...one of the reasons I am so big now..If I asked him to pick me up a candy bar, he'd bring 2 or 3 bags of candy home and I am not one to "just eat one". I'd eat the whole bag..That's why I won't even touch a piece of dark chocolate now (not that I like it that much...but I adore milk chocolate) I know I would lose my mind.

I told him that no matter what I said, he was NEVER to bring me home any chocolate again...ever. I would rather have his feelings hurt now than have his feelings hurt a lot worse if I drop dead from a heart attack.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

: flow1:

There's a dozen for you Kara! My DH doesn't bring flowers much either. As a matter of fact we both kind of forgot the anniversary this year. Realized what day it was watching the news that evening, looked at each other, and said "Happy Anniversary!" As you can see, we're not too sentimental. I guess 20 years of being a good partner and father is worth a lot more than some flowers.

to Nessa and Piiper for staying strong. I haven't tried those Lindt things but thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to stay away.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Per a web site (not sure I can say it so I won't) 1 ball = 87 calories, 7 gms fat, 5 sat fat, 5 carbs, 5 sugar. That is for the white ones, whooo wheeee!

Also says:
To burn the calories in this food you can do any of the following exercise.
24 mins of Walking
10 mins of Jogging
7 mins of Swimming
13 mins of Cycling
Old 06-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

He'll come along. My DH now asks before he gets out of the car.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post
Per a web site (not sure I can say it so I won't) 1 ball = 87 calories, 7 gms fat, 5 sat fat, 5 carbs, 5 sugar. That is for the white ones, whooo wheeee!

Also says:
To burn the calories in this food you can do any of the following exercise.
24 mins of Walking
10 mins of Jogging
7 mins of Swimming
13 mins of Cycling
WOW! the white ones are my favs...
Closed Thread