South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all and good day to you! Its going to be a busy busy day. I'll be at a client all day and tomorrow I have a 7am flight to Carson City, NV (right outside the fires - hopefully things are well contained by then.) for a presentation. I'll be spending this evening preparing for that. So I probably won't be checking in again until later this week.

The good news - I dropped another .5 pound! Only took a week and a half but that's due to the couple cheats I had so I won't whine. I figure it'll be slow going from here to goal.

Femme - your breaky sounds yummy. And congrats to you Kara on your 8 years!

Have a great day all!!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #17  

I haven't been here for a long time, except the what are you reading thread (hi, Jessie.) But now our kitchen remodel is just about done. We're using the kitchen, we don't have workers in the house everyday, and so it's no more stressful than life ever is. And I'm going grocery shopping today anyway, so I think I'll plan out some beachy meals.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I have a quick moment to peck back in, lunch is done the dishes are just about done, floors swept, two babies sleeping and the rest outside in the play area before the rain starts. I am finished packing and I only used half of the large suitcase, so dh and I will be able to share although I am taking a large knap sack for shoes and makeup and stuff. I only have 4 more sleeps I am so excited. We are off to NH on sat and Sun we are going to NASCAR. YIPEE. Can't wait. Well gotta to dash and check the wee ones and finish the dishes.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

yummm! That sounds good femme creole! Good morning everyone! (Except Kara & Me good night! ) I had some fun today learning more neat thing I can do on my computer with Word & Excel, I love learning new things! Also with the monsoons comes growing spurts for all the trees, so I was out cutting branches and cutting grass. I cut grass with a blade on the end of a pole, you swing like a golf club. Well the grass flies as it's cut and my dogs just thought it was the most fun chasing flying grass! Very funny! Well I'm exhausted, off to bed. Have a Beachy day!/ kara(night!) kitty
Old 06-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #20  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Hey all...Happy Tuesday. Looks like everyone has lots going on. Just wanted to buzz in and say a quick hello. I am off to happy hour (seltzer with lime for me) then might walk around the lake or swim. I think dinner will be balsamic chicken, mashed cauliflower and maybe a salad. Keeping it simple.

Happy Anniversary Kara! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your days!

Cheers!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #21  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey everyone! If anyone happens to speak Portuguese and wants to chat, let me know! I had my first Portuguese lesson today and the pronunciation is going to KILL me. I speak both Spanish and French to varying levels and random pronunciations from those languages keep popping out in my Portuguese. It's actually kind of hilarious. :P But this is going to be fun! It's such a fun language!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Jeez, another crazy day at our house! Last night DH got a call from his union to go replace a guy on a ship that had gotten injured and had to be flown out. We weren't sure when he would go, but expected tonight, so I drove to my office this morning (90 miles) for a meeting. They scheduled him to fly out earlier than expected, so I raced home (another 90), then raced him to the airport (60 miles), and got there just in time for him to make the flight, then home (60 miles). My butt is numb from the carseat! I packed enough food to make it through lunch, but then had to wait until I got home and just had dinner at 7:30. I also cheated a little with some chicken nuggets this afternoon. So I haven't eaten nearly enough today, but don't want to pig out for dinner just before bed, and I will be going to bed early!

Anyway, he is on his way to Dubai for a couple of weeks, which will kind of put a damper on our family beach vacation next week. But we go every year, whether he's home or at sea, and the kids and I will have a good time anyway. I sure could use a couple of days off!

I'm not going to try to do personals because I don't think I have the brain power for it at this point, but hello to all and hope you enjoyed your day. My plan for the rest of the evening - worry about oldest DD until she gets home from work (her bosses made her commute to a different store today, around the beltway, and she's not experienced in that kind of driving), play on the internet until I feel like going to sleep. Tommorrow, I don't have to go anywhere, lots to do at home. Oh, bliss...
Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #23  
Visualizing the Goal

You guys are never going to believe this, but Tom and I got each other the SAME anniversary card! How funny is that?!

Kitty, your grass cutting sounds like a great workout! Have you always lived in India?

Allie, I don't speak Portuguese but I've had pronunciation issues in other languages before. When I travelled in France, everyone thought I was German. Evidently I speak French with a German accent! Perhaps when we get to Germany in a couple months I'll blend right in.

Good luck on your presentation, Sary!

Welcome back, rebel. So, what are *you* reading in 2007? Maybe just your favorite. I just started a Clive Cussler book for fun, but I'd love a good solid read. I should check out that thread.

LC, it's funny that you measure your days before departure in "sleeps". That's what we do for our kids! "Only two more nights in your pajamas and then we leave!"

Tom and Connor do Tang Soo Do. It's a Korean martial art, which makes sense since we're in Korea! Connor started when he was three years old in Kuk Sool Won, which is also Korean, but when we moved back to New Jersey the best school in the area was Tang Soo Do, and the transition was easy for him. They happened to have the same art here on base, so Tom started taking it and then when we arrived here Connor joined the class as well. There's a heavy concentration on forms, and they learn a lot of defensive moves as well. Plus, the big boys get to break boards with their feet and hands and heads, so that's very macho! Kuk Sool and Tang Soo are both linear martial arts, not like Hap Ki Do or the other circular martial arts.

Thanks to everyone on the anniversary wishes!

Kara
Old 06-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #24  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, worst that can happen is your daughter drives around through Virginia and back to Maryland again! Hope hubby has fun abroad!

Kara
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Kara, (Evening for the rest of ya! ) I moved to India in 1996 (this July it will be 11 years I've been here), Before that I visited 3 times and 2 of those times I was here for 6 months.

I love this country. You never know what your going to see... a camel caravan? a baby goat being born by the side of the road? A monkey?
A family of 6 going down the road on a motorcycle? Seen that and so much more.

4 years ago my parents moved here, so we have a sweet little compound, my house, theres, an artist studio( my mom gives free art classes)

I have 2 dogs( Indian mutts) and an Indian Ring neck Parrot.
They have 2 Scottish Terriers and a cat.

So never a dull moment around here! Gee, THat's a long way of saying, no, I have not lived here my whole life!

It's going to be a beautiful day. Crows cawing, birds singing. I'm off for a morning walk.

Have a great day everybody! kitty
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kitty,
Your life sounds so interesting. I would love to see India one day. One of my alltime favorite books is The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. I love her vivid descriptions of the oddities of life in India.

Kara,
You jest, but the other day when she tried to go down there, she called us lost and said she was in Loudoun County, VA. Actually the worst thing that I'm worried about is that she'll take a wrong exit and end up lost in the wrong part of DC at night...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #27  
Allie

Oh Indigal, that sounds wonderful! One of my favorite professors (who I now stalk all of her classes.. she's wonderful) studied aging in India from an anthropological standpoint. The stories she told, including those in her book, make me want to pick up and move to India! If you ever get a chance, read White Saris and Sweet Mangos by Sarah Lamb. But no, I'm going to end up in a rural village in southern Mexico, Oaxaca or Chiapas... cannot let all these wonderful other countries deter me! Are saris cool? I'm thinking about picking up one or two at the local Indian market next time I go for henna and spices... it's been so hot here that I'd love something pretty and cool!

Kara, that's actually really funny about speaking French like a German. In high school, I took French 1 and 2 at the same time as I took Spanish 4 and AP Spanish. My French 2 teacher had also taught me 2 Spanish classes and is my life role model (he speaks fluent Spanish, French, and Portuguese and knows some Russian... I speak near fluent Spanish, basic French, and learning Portuguese now, and start Russian in the fall!). He told me that I spoke
French like a drunk Spaniard! Today in Portuguese, my Portuguese professor told me I spoke Portuguese like an Uruguayan! I take that as a compliment Also, I took Tang Soo Doo for a few years! However, my instructor was arrested for child molestation. Gross. My college has a bunch of martial arts clubs but they're all circular, which is pretty but I'm not sure how good I'd be at. I went to one capoeira class and got dizzy!

Can I get all of your opinions on something? What do you think of this swimsuit? http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...20001&cid=5647 I've had my eye on it for awhile because I LOVE that kind of neckline and it brings out my best assets . It's finally cut down in price, but my mom says she hates it I want it in brown polka dots. I also don't know if it will be too big or not (and stupid Old Navy has cute suits in regular, but the tankini tops don't cover tummies like this one does). What do you all think?

Last edited by charolastra00; 06-26-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Allie, I like the suit. I love those kind of bottoms as I feel less "exposed". That's funny that you took Tang Soo Do also! Sorry about the abrupt end...

Kitty, why did you move to India? Am I being too nosy? I just love reading about your daily life and I'm so curious what motivated you to make a move to a different country. Where did you move from?

Kara
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #29  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, my sister (who lived with us when we lived in the area - exit 15B off the beltway) once tried to take a friend of ours to BWI and ended up in Virginia. Luckily, he was able to delay his flight and take another one the next day without paying a penalty. It was funny because she took him since she was heading up to our parents' near Philly anyway and I had to wait for Tom to get off whatever job he was doing that day over in Arlington. When Tom and I showed up at our parents' house, our friend was standing in the kitchen and we were all confused! Needless to say, Tom took him to the airport the next day. My sister doesn't have the most common sense. I laughed when I read your post because I was remembering that story.

Kara
Old 06-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #30  
Allie

I kind of prefer the boy cut bottoms. I feel like my thighs are like WHA BAM otherwise. :P I have a really cute one piece that cinches up the front so it makes my tummy look amazing O.O But then your eye wanders a little further down and it's not a pretty sight. I always wear a little cloth skirt with it.. sometimes even into the water!
Closed Thread