South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #16  

yep Kara, the chicks are right. It's based on a Stephen King story. John plays a writer who specializes in writing up "10 most haunted_____" the current one is 10 most haunted hotels- he doesnt believe in an afterlife or spirits. He insists on going into room 1408 in a hotel even after Samuel Jackson tries his darndest to spook him and regals him with all the brutal deaths in the room. So most of the film takes place in this seemingly benign room... it's scary, a bit gory.. kept my attention (unlike Kevin Costner in "mr. Brooks" - thats a pieceof crap movie btw) -- I would wait till its on DVD and the kids are asleep - if you like that kind of movie... (I use to as a teen/young adult...but notsomuch anymore --it was DH's turn to pick the movie ) btw--I use to have such a crush on Cusak
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #17  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Schatzi- I hope you love Boston! I was born here but we moved when I was 2 and my brother was a baby to Georgia. My parents thought we'd like the nice temperatures there, but can you believe that the ONLY colleges I applied to were North of the Mason-Dixon line and then only colleges my brother is applying to are in Massachusetts! Now I'm living in Cambridge (which I consider Boston... it's just on the other side of the river) for the summer and love it. It's a great city!

I have off of work today so I think I might finally break down and buy a scale. :P I just have NO idea where to get one. There's a Bed, Bath, and Beyond across town but would they have them in sports stores? Those are closer... Not really any department stores around here.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Good morning / afternoon all! Its going to be a busy week for me. Have client meetings on Tues and looks like Wed. I'm flying to Nevada for a presentation (flying in that morning and out that evening - makes for a long day). I'm still hoping I can get to the gym during my lunch hour today, Thurs and Fri.

We spent the weekend in Jerome (old mining town built into a mountainside near sedona). I splurged a bit on Sat. but not nearly as bad as last weekend. The scale was up a bit this am from Friday but hopefully it will drop back off quickly as long as I stay on target all week.

Sounds like many of you have a good bit going on this week. Hope it goes well for each of you and have a great Monday!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

I for one am sick of the monsoon ! THis is the only time of the year it rains here, so plants are happy at least, mud and leaky ceilings are no fun....thus I'm over it already...grrrr!

Well, I've made through day one... so far so good. Off to bed, kitty
Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Sleep well Kitty and Kara.
All you other chicks enjoy your day.
I just got back from taking DD to college orientation this morning. Had to take the morning off, so now i have to try to get a days worth of work into the afternoon. Hoping that DH will take the kids to the pool, but it's starting to look stormy. I have to be on the road for work tomorrow and need to get myself organized for the week (should have done last night!). We're also leaving on vacation Friday, so need to start getting ready for that. I'll be kinda glad when this crazy summer is over. Although my grandma says never to wish away even a day of your life.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just taking a break from road running! I am about to go out and start my own monsoon. My flower boxes and pots are looking parched! It has a rain look at the moment but no rain smell so I'll give the poor babies a drink. I may even change the water in the wading pool for my four legged flowers!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #22  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ruth- I just noticed that you are in the 5' group as well. For some reason I always pictured you taller. Why I even posted this I have no idea, just caught under your advtar. I know I am a strange one.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #23  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

NO NEEDLE IN THE EYEBALL!!

I just got back from the eye doctor...they took pictures of my eye, then put dye in my arm, then took more pictures and I don't have to have the needle in my eyeball or have the laser thing done..
I do have a big hemorage behind my eye and a little chunk is floating around in the "juice" in my eye, but there are no vessels leaking in it etc. She said it should clear up in a week or so without the needle. I was so exited!! I was terrified of that needle and have been so upset since the other dr. told me what they would have to do.
She asked me if I had hit my head or sneezed violently etc and I could not think of anything I had done like that. Then on the way home, my husband reminded me that I had hit my head real hard a couple of days before that on the freezer door when I was putting away groceries..in fact it knocked me to the ground I hit it so hard..so that must have been what caused it to start bleeding. The dye in the arm hurt like ****, but that was a walk in park to me!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #24  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

YaY! GREAT NEWS! NO NEEDLE in the EYE!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat!, I'm so glad for you!!! What a relief!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

Yea CAT! That is such wonderful news to hear!

Allie, do you have a Target or Walmart nearby? That's where I would get a scale.

Thanks for the info on the movie, ladies. I am NOT by any means a scary movie kind of girl, so I will enjoy your reviews only!!!

Kara
Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Femmecreole, what a relief for you! You and your family must be so happy tonight. Now, watch out for those freezer doors in the future!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #28  

Femme: ooh such good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay and a big sigh of relief!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #29  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Oh Femme that is great news. I don't blame you for being scared silly. I would have been as well. Take care.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #30  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies!

Wedding was a blast! What a night! I'm so glad it's over but we had a lot of fun. Singing went well. Ate too much... didn't realize that a vegetarian meal was provided for me until after I went through the buffet line and so I ate the vegetarian meal AND most of what I already had on my plate. No cake though.

Today started eating right and no smoking. I've been smoke-free for 23 hours and 13 minutes. The patch seems to help so that's good. And DH has been fine on his healthy eating plan too.

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing! Hope everyone has a great night! Have a good one!

Lisa
Closed Thread