South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #1  

Default Motivatin' Monday on the Beach!

Batten down the hatches!!!!!! for us here in NC the thread should be Monsoon Monday but it's a new week, a new day , time to renew and rededicate ourselves to clean healthful eatin and movin!

Busy weekend here..went to see 1408 ..it was pretty good.. John Cusak did a better job than Tom Hanks in Castaway holding a movie together.. Went shopping for new clothes and shoes for my NEW JOB Dh was calling it an "investment".. my head was spinning on the amount we spent... today I have to make an appt with the tailor.. to hem pants and take up sleeves....
other than that, I plan to stay indoors.. go through all my clothes to get ready to get back to work... the interesting part will be that while I will eventually be able to work from home, in the beginning I will be up in Boston and "somewhere in the midwest" with the client...

ok CAWFEES UP! who wants a cup?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh Schatzi, a new job and new clothes! I'm not sure which would excite me more. I've never been to Boston but it's on my trip list and I love the Mid-west. Do you need an assistant?

I'm off to the gym shortly to get myself revved up for a really busy week. Not only is there last minute stuff for next weekend's big music festival but I also need to travel the county picking up children's schoolwork for the Fair. I've already got a six pack of water frozen for the car and am considering renting a port-a-potty! :wink:

How does your week look from the perspective of Monday morning and coffee? Of course, our non North American chicks are probably well into their day or getting ready for zzzz!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Schatzi, and thanks for the coffee.

We must on the edge of your monsoons, it's just a light sprinkle here. It's going to be hot and steamy though, ugh! Your shopping spree reminds me of going back-to-school shopping with my mother. You sound so excited about your new job, and I'm just thrilled for you!

Hi, Ruth, how are you doing this morning? I'm feeling much better today, thank goodness. I hope you were able to get a lot of rest over the weekend for your busy week ahead!

I'm not sure what my day will bring. The girls start camp today, so I'm not sure what my hours are going to be. Maybe I'll get a lot of free time this week.

I'm off to Curves for now, I can't think of any good excuses to skip it today!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone! Still (just) morning here int he UK. Today is the first day I start working from home on my online businesses, and over the next 3 days have to get my shop all wound up. Scary!! I've had my shop for 4 years, and thanks to the council I cannot sell it, as they plan to knock the building down before long to build a supermarket (it's a 300 year old market building!!) It's been a bit weird. I'm used to having to bob up and down from my desk to serve customers, and having no distractions is weird - I've done my entire to do list before 11 am!!

It's chucking down with rain, but I've got a gorgeous smelling pork in mustard sauce in my slow cooker. I' happy that from this week onwards, I'm truly doing what I want to do, and have the space to run my business without menta old ladies interfering. It's all go chicks, and I love it! I'm feeling pretty positive, and a bit slimmer.

Chuck a cup of coffe this way!! Well done on the new job Schatzi, you'll be having to get more new clothes if you drop any more weight!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, the sun is shinning here today but they are calling for thunder and lighting again tomorrow, I can't remember when we have had so much. So the washer is going full tilt this morning need to get all the laundry caught up in case it rains again for the next few days.

Schatzi- Morning, I will take a big ole cup of tea please. Thanks for starting us up. Congrats on the new clothes and the new job. I love Boston. We are in NH next week and I am hoping that we will take a run into Boston the girls want to do 6 flags. Just depends on our time. Have a great day.

Ruth- I would so need a port a potty with that much water, I can't drive an hour without having to stop. The drive to NH should be fun, I will have to bride dh. I think you would make a great assistant for Schatzi, she should keep that in mind. Although I don't know where you would have the time you are one of the most busiest ladies I know. Take care have fun picking up the art work and have a great work out at the gym.

cottage- my day is quiet as well, it is almost 8 and I have no wee ones yet. I think I will only have 3 today. This week is a quiet one for me. I think I will enjoy. Now go to Curves and have a great day.

Me- Not much I am up and showered and dressed house work done with the exception of the laundry. I am going to start deciding what clothes to take on vacation and make a list of everything I need to pack. We pack up the car friday night we are planning on leaving sat morning at 5.

Well must dash and hang the first load out. Have a great day chicks. to all.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning OberonSH, we were posting at the same time. Have a great day. Good luck on your first day. That is terrible that they can knock down a building that old what a shame.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' all!

Ruth, I chuckled when I read your potty comment. I could just picture a sedan driving down the highway with a port-a-potty in tow. Even better - just came up with this - someone coming *out* of the potty on the side of the road, getting back in her car, and driving away! Hope you get all the work together in time for the festival!

Schatzi, it's nice to hear your shopping trip went well. It will be fun wearing all those new clothes! One of the things I love about having kids is the constant buying of new things since they've outgrown what fit three days ago. We do a fair amount of thrift store and E-bay shopping, though, so only about half of their clothes are really "new" (but those were all bought on clearance!).

Hope you gym rats had a good workout!

Oberon, I can just picture you in the comfort of your home smelling your yummy supper and getting all your work done at a quick pace. Glad you're enjoying the change in business!

I'm doing laundry, too, Little! We should hang it together and then sit back and sip our tea while it dries!

We had a nice day today. Stayed in for the morning and then went to the library and then Connor's violin lesson. Tom met us there and took the kids so I could run (literally!) to the gym for a quick workout. I got in a mile on the treadmill before my beloved elliptical opened up and then did twenty minutes on there. A leisurely stretch and walk home, and then I got a shower and started feeling more girly and less stinky. I'm going to try to go to the gym three times this week. Last week I got in two sessions and I'd like to do at least three on a regular basis. We'll see how that goes...

Baby's up from her snooze. Gotta run.

Kara
Old 06-25-2007, 07:12 AM   #8  

Especially as they're replacing a great, friendy food market with an impersonal, clinical supermarket. They've promised to build us a new building, but they don;t know where, or when, but they do know not everyone is going to fit in. So I chose to get out early and concentrate on my online business. Better margins and can fit around the family, rather than the other way round!!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies!
Schatzi, That shopping trip for the new job sounded like fun...kind of like the first day of school, huh? (I won't tell anyone if you get a new pack of crayons for your brief case!)
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, I LOVE CRAYONS! THEY SMELL SO GOOD! Is that weird?

Schatzi, I meant to ask in the last thread... We haven't gotten the trailers to 1408 yet (or I've seen them and they've been in Korean so I haven't noticed!). What's the movie about? I love John Cusak, so I can't imagine I wouldn't like the film.

Kara
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hey All

Schatzi congrats on shopping and a new job

i got some clothes this weekend for work went to wear the cute black dress today and the bra i had on gave me too much cleavage... and that's hard considering how casual we are at work...

Ruth my biggest fear is that i'll have to pee every hour on my road trip this summer...

i'm in charge of my team here at work for the next two weeks... oh joy

i was bad at outback last night.... it was worth it.. dad and his gf came in and took my husband my two sons and my stepdaughter and I out to dinner...
Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Glad you had fun last night, Nessa. I've cleared a place in the straw for you to jump back on the wagon!

Kara
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM   #13  

Nope, they do smell good. But then again, you're talking to a pregnant woman who also has a thing about won ton soup and pickled eggs (not together)

Glad everyone's having a good day - still raining here and it looks like my techy net guy is getting flooded out! It's not heavy rain, but it just won;t stop! It's my fault - I put my washing out this morning.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

1408 is a Stephen King story right? I like Cuzak but i don't like scary movies...

as for needing to clear space for me Kara,

i was dragging one foot on the ground not even totally off the beach

weekend confession:

fresh hot home made tortilla chips at a mexican place saturday night and i had half a spoonful of brian's flan other than that the entire day was beachy

sunday dinner:
wasabi salad
about 3 bites of blooming onion
about 3 small pieces of bread with butter
about 1/3 of my son's cheesecake

NO alcohol
nothing else
in fact the rest of the weekend was beachy

i'm paying i'm up .8 but saturday bri and i walked the big mall for 3 hours then we walked a car show for an hour...
Old 06-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone,
I'm so glad the weekend is over. It was such a busy past 3 days for me. DH and DD's Bdays are only 2 days apart. So much cooking and baking and of course the cleaning that goes with it. It's muggy again today and another scorcher. Yesterday, it was 95. Anyways, hope everyone has a great Monday. Gotta go thee kids are calling.
Pohai
Kara-1408 is a horror movie based on a Stephen King short story. The previews are pretty freaky. Totally, not a kid friendly movie. So I won't be able to see it until DVD.
Closed Thread