South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 AM   #46  

Morning all, today I am so proud of myself I could kiss myself. The reason for my over inflated ego? Yesterday we went to the Lincolnshire Show. Ther were burger stands. There were doughnut stalls. There was a whole *section* of locally produced, non SBD legal produce. And I didn;t cheat ONCE!!! I passed the free chocolate fountains. I turned up my nose at the burgers made from various animals (buffalo, ostrich & kangaroo). I nearly didn't make it past the doughnut stands, but I did. I packed my mixed meat salad, my chunk of cheese and though sorely tempted, was ever such a good girl, and didn;t so much as nibble on the free champagne and strawberries on offer from a local hotel's stand.

And to top it off, we went to Nandos, a portugeuse chicken place. Luckily it's flame grilled chickn, and instead of chips and corn on the side I plumped for a big salad, and took advantage of the oil & balsamic on offer, as I couldn;t tell what was in the dressing they provided. Ended the day not only tired, but really roud that i didn;t cheat. I'm so chuffed with myself!! I also spread the SBD word, as I visited a stand all about the Pilgrim Fathers (who came originally from our part of the world) and got chatting to a local author who writes about it. She complained of bloat and needing to lose weight because of her joints, so I told her to check out the diet. Only one that's ever worked for me!

So far, so good on week 1. Mackerel for tea tonight, and leftover roasted veg for me, mash for the family. I hope everone else is having a fantasticcally slimming week!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good afternoon from my morning, Oberon. I dreamed of you last night as I recalled Midsummer Nught's Dream! Maybe that's what helped you past all those temptations. I adore Portuguese chicken but will skip the mackerel tea. Have a lovely afternoon.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #48  

Way to go, Oberon!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #49  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good for you Oberon.

buffalo should be lean....

what kind of produce is not SBD legal I wonder?

and in phase 2 you will have those strawberries...

good for you!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #50  

As of today, I've officially lost 20 pounds and I'm thrilled! I've been OP since my restart with the exception of some corn on the cob last week (no salt, no butter) and part of a crouton that disguised itself as grilled chicken in my salad yesterday. And I have to say, it has really made a huge difference in keeping me on track. Another thing that has helped has been spending a lot of time at the pool because it keeps my mind off of food and the heat helps me stay away from heavy meals and lures me toward salads instead. Thank goodness for summer ... I'm hoping that by the time fall rolls around I'll be totally entrenched in my new, healthier eating habits and won't eat out of boredom anymore.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #51  

Go carynm! Thats great love!! You rock!

Thanks everyone. The fair had loads of cheese, liquers, dips, more cheese, bread, and of course the local speciality lincolnshire plum bread and lincolnshire sausages. Smoked hams, etc. It was **** to walk through!

I picked up some spice mixes to use with low fat mayo etc for dips, some tikka paste to jazz up chicken and some buffalo burgers. According to the producer they're low in cholesterol, fat and are really lean. They taste yummy.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Great job Chickies!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #53  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Great Job Carynm!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 208/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to all the ladies having a good week on the beach! Hope your weekend is good!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Nessa,

Regarding non-SBD produce--you should have seen my sad face last Tuesday walking past all the beautiful corn on display at my local Farmer's Market. I had a real self-pity moment before I loaded myself down with all the berries, greens, onions, cantaloupe, and zucchini I could carry!

Fresh corn is a real summer comfort food for me. It reminds me of my grandfather.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #56  
PBL
han - working in kilos

S/C/G: 75/75/58

Height: 169 cm (5'7)

First half of the week I went quite well on Phase One, but in the second part I really fell off the wagon.

However, all is not lost. I am back on the wagon tomorrow onwards with a fresh start and fresh veggies lol.

I am excited because I still lost a little this week even with a half week of dieting, so imagine the results

One thing I have to say is that the various sweet breakfast options are not working for me, tastewise, and I am not sure if I am making them incorrectly so I am going to try again this afternoon with some experiments to see how I can improve.

Forcing myself to get up at 6.30am tomorrow morning to go to the gym - I am dedicating myself to at least five hours of exercise this week.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #57  
BeachBum!!

S/C/G: 164/159/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Deep sigh!

Well, I've been logging on and lurking almost every day, I just haven't had much to say. (If you read my intro, you'll know that I tend to disappear for spans of time.) Anyways, I have a question. I've been completely on track since Tuesday, (I gave in to some pizza for lunch, then completely ruined it by having pasta for dinner w/my two year old daughter.) I plan to stay on track from this point on, making one good decision at a time. My question is, what do you all do when you feel a binge coming on, but not a carb binge; a binge of all things that are permitted in moderation like cheeses and eggs and whatnot. I sometimes find myself bingeing on acceptable foods even though I know that bingeing on any kind of food is not healthy. I've tried distracting myself, brushing my teeth, and drinking tons of water, but nothing helps. I try to keep it in control, but when it does happen #1 - WHAT DO I DO??? and # 2 - How much diet damage am I doing to myself when I do eat too much of allowed food?

Thanks for your help everyone. I want to stickto this because I notice a difference not only in my size, but how I feel confidence/self-esteem wise.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:04 AM   #58  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hey Jamie!

I know on Phase 1 you're not supposed to worry about portion sizes but I had to or else I wouldn't lose. What I do at meal times is put my portion on my plate and then put all the leftovers away BEFORE I eat, so they're not there to snack on while I'm cleaning up from dinner. I also plan my menus out a couple days in advance and do the shopping ONLY for what I need for the meals, so I don't have extraneous food lying around. Another tip that has helped me is posting my projected meal plan for the day on this site. For some reason, I feel accountable when I post what I'm going to eat.

If I get the munchies, and I do pretty often, gum has helped a lot. I also make rules for myself, like no eating after eight at night and drink one pint of water before each meal and snack (that's how I get my 80 ounces in every day).

Sometimes it comes down to me flat out asking myself, "What do you want more? This snack or to stay on plan and lose weight?" Phase 1 was easier for me in regards to sticking with it because I knew that if I cheated I would have to start over, since the whole "detox" would be ruined. Phase 2 has been harder because I don't have that motivation of sticking with the program for the purposes of detoxification. Only you can make the choice of whether you want to eat this way. It's up to you. Are you going to stick with it or not? No one is MAKING you do it, but we can all help you deal with tough times!

Hope that helps!

Kara
Closed Thread