South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #16  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yea on the pound! You DO deserve that news!

Kara
Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #17  

sorry to chime in late... also make sure that the outlet that its plugged into isnt wonky.. I had that problem with my chest freezer in the garage... just a thought
You deserve to lose that pound just for all the anxiety and fretting!!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #18  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I hope your new fridge works better than this one! ouch...it is such a sad thing to have to throw out food! I'd check with the insurance company first to see if your insurance would go up because of it. Our insurance nightmares in this area have made me VERY leary of insurance companies and what they are doing to people now.

After Katrina, I didn't have electricity for 6 weeks and my freezer and fridge had been stuffed cause we had about 15 family members staying here to ride the storm out. Naturally we had to throw it all away...and to make matters worse, we had no garbage pick up for about 3 weeks...and it hovered between 90 and 100 degrees each day..talk about a smell!!...combined with all the stuff our neighbors had to throw out. In New Orleans, they were telling people to bury their fridge/freezer contents if they could manage to get back to their houses..ewwww!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #19  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Our insurance didn't go up and they didn't count our deductible. We use USAA, which only covers a selective group connected with the military. We got lucky because we just changed out renters insurance to them and our other company wouldn't have covered this type of thing. We also have them for auto insurance but this is the first time we have had to file a claim for anything.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I LOVE USAA! We have our banking, car insurance, and renters insurance through them, AND we've done our car loans through them. I actually felt a little bad paying the cars off early. We're looking to move Tom's life insurance over from SGLI but we haven't made the final decision yet. They've got such good customer service, and they totally understand everything we have to go through!

Kara
Old 06-16-2007, 12:53 AM   #21  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

They've been great. We have our banking and car loans with them also.

I am glad this worked out, even if I do have to scrounge to find some SB things to eat until Tuesday.
Closed Thread