South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #1  
keep on

S/C/G: 187/173/130

Height: 5*8

Lightbulb One Nore For 2nite

How Many Carbs Per Day Can I Have\\\\\\phase 2
Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

You will need to start slow and add them in to see what triggers cravings. I didn't really add mine in slow, but I watch for trigger foods. I am not a big fruit eater so most of mine come from whole grains. Everyone is different and you really need to find your own special formula. That is what is so great about SBD.

Most people, including the book, will tell you to introduce one new healthy carb per day or even week. Like add ww bread and see how you tolerate it and how it effects both cravings and weight loss. Then add a fruit.

SBD is about learning to recognize the signals that your body gives you and using that to make it work for you. For instance, I can eat Strawberries and there is no issue...no cravings at all. I have to watch eating dip with triscuits because I tend to eat too many. I don't stop eating it, I just watch myself. If I eat dip with veggies I do much better and know that I am doing something healthy. You can eat a lot more veggies with dip and so that is what I usually do
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Aimee,

Southbeach diet allows an additional 3 whole grains and 3 fruits per day on Phase 2. But, please, make the transition slowly. You don't really know how your body will react. On the SBD Frequently Asked Questions forum, there is a sticky called "What's your P2 Combo?" I found this sticky to be very interesting because it supported what I've found to be the case with my body. I can eat two additional whole grains a day...not 3...and I can eat one fruit...again, not three. When I try to add more, my weight loss stalls. But, I'm not hungry and I'm not eating less than 1200 calories a day, so I am okay with this. Some people can eat all of the allowance and still lose tons of weight. Just take your time adding the foods and watch to see how your body responds.
Closed Thread