South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #1  

Question what do you do when you have dinner at a friend's house?

I'm going to a little dinner party tonight, and I'm still on phase 1 and am worried about ruining it. I didn't want to be picky by telling them about my diet, but am not quite sure what to do. I don't know what they're making at all. My only idea is to fill up a bit ahead of time, and just eat a smaller amount of food there. I'm not worried about my self control, but don't want to be rude by not eating much. would it really ruin phase 1 if I had some starches for one meal?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Adriana, unfortunately, it really would defeat the whole purpose of Phase 1 if you decide to have some starches. Try to have just a protein and a big serving of veggies, if you can. Hopefully the entree won't be a pasta dish! If it is, just try to eat around the pasta and fill up on salad, then eat something SBD friendly when you get back home again.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hopefully there will be one course you can eat "a lot" of..then maybe take a very small amount of other things unless they are full of sugar, starch etc. If the hostess asks, say something like "Well, I'm on a diet and I'm so proud of myself..If I can resist overeating with this wonderful dinner you have, I can resist anything. Everything was so delicious"...that way, she won't be offended and you won't fall off the wagon.
This may add a little humor to the situation:

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...-dinner-guests

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-02-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #4  

now I'm a little worried. I love this diet and how it's worked for me, but it does make it difficult to eat with other people. my roommate and I used to cook together a lot, but now I have to make a separate meal. I'm not complaining much really, because this is the most weight I've been able to lose so far. I just hope it doesn't set me back much if I eat some carbs tonight.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #5  

femmecreole, thanks for the funny video. that's exactly who I don't want to be like.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Once I moved into phase 2 it became easier (though not foolproof) to eat with friends. Make the BEST choices you can and if you stray, get back on plan at the next meal or snack. One "cheat" is not the end of the diet, not starting right back up is.

One thing that can help is to offer to take a dish and make sure it is on plan so that you have something to eat that you know is good for you (and that you like ).
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianaC View Post
my roommate and I used to cook together a lot, but now I have to make a separate meal.
Have you and your roomate tried any of the Southbeach recipes? Hubby and I are both on Southbeach and we use many of the recipes from the Quick and Easy Cookbook. The whole family eats Southbeach food with us...because there is nothing else in the house. Seriously, many of the recipes are delicious. I think your roomate will enjoy eating these with you.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #8  

well, I had a very naughty meal. there was fried chicken, potato salad, and rolls. I tried to eat less than usual, but I didn't have much choice. I hope I won't gain much from this. it's just one meal, right? I'll be good every day from now on.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Have you and your roomate tried any of the Southbeach recipes? Hubby and I are both on Southbeach and we use many of the recipes from the Quick and Easy Cookbook. The whole family eats Southbeach food with us...because there is nothing else in the house. Seriously, many of the recipes are delicious. I think your roomate will enjoy eating these with you.
I made one with my boyfriend and he loved it, but we are adventurous eaters. my roommate is pretty particular with what she eats and she's very thin so she wouldn't want to lose weight anyway. in phase 2 it will be easier since I'll just eat less of the starch part.
Closed Thread