South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #1  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Default what fruit to add back first?

I am in Phase 2 and nervous about the fruits I should be eating. Any suggestions on which ones to add back first? I tried 1/2 an apple a day last week and only lost one pound. Should I try berries first? Cantalope?

Any advice would be most helpful.

Sabbykay
Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Sabby!

First of all, don't use last week's loss as a reason to avoid apples. They are not very high in sugar (GI isn't that high) and you only ate half, so I'd be very confused if that alone kept you from losing. 1 pound a week is a nice, steady loss, even with the amount you have to lose. The big thing to look at is what else you ate! Adding fruit and grains back will not make you gain!!! What will make you gain is if what you add back triggers cravings and causes you to eat too much food. Make sense?

As to the best fruit to start with, Dr. A recommends berries, since they are the lowest GI fruit. Plus, they happen to be pretty easy to find this time of year. At my local store, they are even on sale this week!

Hope that helps...feel free to post a menu from last week if you want help figuring out if you ate too much to lose the up to 2 pounds a week you can lose healthily. You can also put your information in to Fitday to see what's going on.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #3  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you Laurie for your encouragement.
I've always heard the more weight you have to lose, the quicker it will come off in the beginning. So, secretly, I have been hoping for this.

I think I will switch to berries this week. The truth is apples are available year around, so I should take advantage of what is not always available and in season.
I have let go of nuts this week to see if that is leading to a stall.

Might you have some advice on how you got past stalls during your weight loss?

SabbyKay
Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #4  
Lauren Elizabeth

Height: 5'4"

I was wondering about this, too! I can't wait to eat some berries in Phase 2....
Closed Thread