South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 120/120/110

Height: 5'3"

Default Not Loosing ...WHY

OK..I'm on my 5th day of SB. I have been going between my 1 pound weight loss then gain. I am following the phase 1 rules...What could be wrong? Can you loose inches and not pounds? My clothes feel a little different. I'm on antidepressants - does that make a difference?

Any help would be great!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You have very little to lose and could possibly be at the correct weight for your height. Your BMI is currently in the lower half of the healthy range. Here is the calculator.

Is there a reason you want to go lower? Perhaps exercise would be your solution rather than dieting.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 120/120/110

Height: 5'3"

Ya know Ruth, I quit smoking almost 3 months ago and gained most of this weight then. It could be that my body likes being here. If that is the case and I'm healthy for the first time in a long time - then so be it!!!! I am working out 5 days a week. This week the kids have been on spring break so I haven't been able to get to the gym.

I am noticing that my IBS issues have gone away with eating the SB way. All in all, I feel physically better, so I'm trying not to look at the scale.

Anyway....Thank you for the food for thought
Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #4  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

It is not uncommon to not lose or even gain weight when you're working out. if you are on SBD and eating a lot of lean protein that will be helping you build muscle mass which could be why your not showing weight loss. I would try tracking your inches lost instead of pounds for now.. You'd be surprised at the difference you can see when you lose inches but not pounds. Being slim already it may be just what you need to be happy, tone-up build, some lean muscle and drop a pant size in the process. Good luck, I hope you stay motivated to be healthy!
Closed Thread